lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

a bug that cripples warriors and loses them games none-the-less

[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my channel and ill protect u
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

#22 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

"They've always been able to do that, so it should remain the case."

Thankfully Blizzard don't seem to agree with the old "Its always been this way so it must remain so", as shown with the nerf to Warrior, Shaman and Druid "core mechanics".

sorry for thinking you would be able to understand anything about this game. its called a niche and mages have a very important in the game a very important one. mages are able to control very well im sorry you haven't understood that fact.

#23 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

lol i dont see anyone sit in cc very long at all nowadays, i definitely felt like a better mage in bc/wrath control wise my cc is a joke now. i rerolled a warrior and with a dispeller lol mages are a joke.

#24 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

sorry for thinking you would be able to understand anything about this game. its called a niche and mages have a very important in the game a very important one. mages are able to control very well im sorry you haven't understood that fact.

A "niche" gives no right for a class to overpowered vs another.

Sorry to think you'd be able to understand that.

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#25 Booyacka

Booyacka
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

A "niche" gives no right for a class to overpowered vs another.

Sorry to think you'd be able to understand that.

A classes "niche" gives no right to be overpowered vs another? That's like saying a Lions "niche" which is hunting/stalking gives it no right to be able to kill Antelopes or Buffalo.... Mages have and will always be a Warriors counter 1v1 and depending on team fight comps possibly in bigger brackets.

Gonna go watch Man vs Wild some more cya
:D

#26 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:13 AM

A classes "niche" gives no right to be overpowered vs another? That's like saying a Lions "niche" which is hunting/stalking gives it no right to be able to kill Antelopes or Buffalo.... Mages have and will always be a Warriors counter 1v1 and depending on team fight comps possibly in bigger brackets.

A class has no inherent right to be overpowered vs another one in a PvP setting.

Just because thats the way things aren't, doesn't mean thats how things should be.

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#27 Gowan

Gowan
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2460
  • 3v3: 2559
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

so mage = lion and war = antelope? damn if i knew that i would have rolled lion! XD

#28 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

i did not have the feeling that mages countered warriors in worlk, in 5on5 it was the other way around due to dispel, so the mage couldn´t get any casts off.

right now mages do not have to cast to do decent dmg with iceland spam, i can´t understand why icelance does the same dmg as lavaburst.

#29 FleischySucks

FleischySucks
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

play with a warlock and not a DK and you wont have such a problem with bouncing on mages.

#30 Senn

Senn
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

i can´t understand why icelance does the same dmg as lavaburst.

^ This.

#31 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:36 AM

play with a warlock and not a DK and you wont have such a problem with bouncing on mages.

and how to peel meeles off your lock?
using intercept or dr knockdown? -.-

#32 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

Well, any game with z-axis arena your warlock should be invulnerable. That's really not shabby.

#33 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2833

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

Lmao anyone whos not a priest thats crying about warriors needs to quit this game.

I think just about anyone would agree that mages are a far superior class overall right now in just about any setting in arena.

#34 FleischySucks

FleischySucks
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

get a better lock

#35 Neurosis

Neurosis
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

The old anti-class discussion eh?
In that case I should stomp the living shit out of rogues and hunters should also eat rogues for breakfast (hunters took huge dumps over rogues in vanilla after they reworked the class and removed their 31 point Rend).

All in all, its not good game design and I seriously doubt Blizzard has this intention even if you suspect it quite frequently. Some advantage is not possible to escape, but not an almost total domination.

Anyway, seeing how we lost intercept (partly due to us obtaining heroic leap) and druids with their shapeshift shizzle it is only logical that mage control will take a hit in order for mages to not dominate warriors even more (if a nerf doesnt happens Ill have to ask Blizzard what shortbus they snatched the developers from).

My betting is on either a nerf similar to the Juggernaut one. In other words, pointing at Ring of Frost and removing 1-2 novas.

Or they reduce the duration by 3-5 seconds.
Queen of Welfare Checks

#36 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2833

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

I seriously can't believe that anyone would actually want pvp to be rock, paper, scissors.

#37 FleischySucks

FleischySucks
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

that's my favorite game only with an added twist
rock>scissors
paper>rock
scissors>paper
TSG>all

#38 Azurestrife

Azurestrife

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:16 AM

Getting CC'ed is fine, but spending more than half of an arena match cc'ed while your teammate gets owned is NOT CONDUCTIVE TO FUN TIMES. I understand the point of CC to MOMENTARILY relieve pressure off someone. No class should be able to shut down another from playing their fkn character for most of a match. I have been calling for all CCs to share a single or two DRs for years to prevent them from being able to be chained by different classes in arenas. Hello mage/druid/x teams? IF you are playing a warrior, even with a magical BEST DISPELLER GUY on your team, you are most likely not gonna be able to move an inch unless you play nagrand/blades edge; hf playing mage teams where you cant los.

Don't know if anyone else here has dabbled in competitive fps or rts. That shit don't fly for a reason.

#39 ProudToBeAWoman

ProudToBeAWoman

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

that's my favorite game only with an added twist
rock>scissors
paper>rock
scissors>paper
TSG>all

TSG isn't actually highly rated any more. It's more DK/Pally/X

Warriors have been nixed.

#40 ProudToBeAWoman

ProudToBeAWoman

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Honestly can anyone explain to me why the current iteration of warrior needs mobility nerfs beyond "BECAUSE YOU ARE MORE MOBILE THAN OTHER GUY!"?

Warriors have always been the most mobile, that's the flavor of the class. What we trade is a very weak ability to hold on to anything after we get to it. I.E. a casted melee range 50% snare vs a passive 70% snare.

This is class differentiation and it is good for the game. Nerfing warrior mobility is bad for the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<