#1 Solemnity

Solemnity
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

is it just me or is everyone flabergasted at the nerfs ?

I mean... in the current state of the game, atleast based solely off arenas, warriors are plausible at best. Their representations on top teams in any BG prove this...

It seems to me like they talked about nerfing some of our abilities in week 2 of arena when there was still tons of people rolling with half their capable resilience or less ( which is like the best stat in pvp for everyone at the moment, flat out ) and havn't swayed their linear judgement any since the game has evolved/people are getting their maximum capable resilience.

Are they balancing solely for rated battlegrounds now or what ? As it stands, arena is barely endurable.. almost every role a warrior can play at the moment a DK can play better yet they're getting buffed and we're getting nerfed to near worthlessness.

Maybe i'm being melodramatic but it's start to look more and more like we'd might as well just start grinding our rated BG personal because next patch we're gonna have no place in arena.. what with the mage/dk buffs and our mobility being turned to shit combined with the hamstring nerf, which just seems to be the straw that broke the camels back IMO - it already seems like i'm having to use every other global to reapply hamstring

I don't know about you guys but I really don't want to endure another season 5.

I've played this game every single season since arena came out except for season 3 and have been pretty much content with our capabilities even if being forced to adapt to new specs ( fury in s5, prot in s7/s8 etc ) but now they're taking our only viable spec and slapping us in the face with a big blue blizzard themed penis and then giving us a facial with it's creamy blizzard nerf sauce.

I'm pretty shitty. I wish i would have had a headsup and I would have leveled my DK to 85 instead of my warrior.

#2 Gowan

Gowan
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2460
  • 3v3: 2559
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

dks are better yes, but we still need nurfs but like its been said 10000 times blizz is nurfing the wrong things

#3 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

dks are better yes, but we still need nurfs but like its been said 10000 times blizz is nurfing the wrong things

blizz is nerfing the wrong things!

10001, now i feel better :o

#4 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

Makes no sense really. Been training warriors all day in 3s on my shaman, die in smoke bomb everytime, so easy to kill.

#5 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

I don't mean to start anything, but tbh I'd be perfectly happy with being worse than just DKs. Even "in every way."

Doesn't mean you'll be worthless, or all replaced.

Personally, I'm still leveling my Warrior alt. The sky hasn't fallen on the Warrior star just yet.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#6 Gowan

Gowan
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2460
  • 3v3: 2559
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

yep

#7 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

warriors needed mobility nerfs everyone knows this including most warriors. taking away intercept? like everyone else said probably not the right idea but w/e time to deal with it. and dont forget with the removal of bloodlust that will be an EXTREMELY nice warrior buff. i honestly don't think warriors need buffs just other classes classes might need some more nerfs.

#8 newbies

newbies
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1056

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

warriors needed mobility nerfs everyone knows this including most warriors. taking away intercept? like everyone else said probably not the right idea but w/e time to deal with it. and dont forget with the removal of bloodlust that will be an EXTREMELY nice warrior buff. i honestly don't think warriors need buffs just other classes classes might need some more nerfs.

You mean frost mages? It's not so much that their damage is out of control, or the fact that they can disable any healer for longer than any other class, but more that if there is a competent one on the other team, the second I'm not near a pillar, I can go afk for at least 30 seconds since I won't be in control of my character.

:warrior: | :deathknight: | :warrior: | :rogue:
Rep me if you like or hate gnoams!

#9 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

Agreed, mages need nerfs we don't need buffs to compete with mages.

Mages have way too many novas, I will probably get flamed for this but, remove imp CoC. Shatter barrier, normal nova, and pet nova is more then enough.

#10 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

You mean frost mages? It's not so much that their damage is out of control, or the fact that they can disable any healer for longer than any other class, but more that if there is a competent one on the other team, the second I'm not near a pillar, I can go afk for at least 30 seconds since I won't be in control of my character.

first no matter how good that other teams mage is if you sit in mage cc for 30 seconds your team is doing something wrong.

second mages have always been able to control warriors. so if you are suggesting a class overhaul so that you can beat on mages some more i'd have to respectfully disagree.

third now all healers have a magic dispel. also mages now have little to no cover debuffs anymore so getting you out of mage cc shouldn't be as hard as it used to be. I understand that the healer doesn't always have the global to dispel you but that is what trinket is for or you can just sit in cc. don't forget cc is being reduce by 20% in the next patch

#11 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

second mages have always been able to control warriors. so if you are suggesting a class overhaul so that you can beat on mages some more i'd have to respectfully disagree.

This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

"They've always been able to do that, so it should remain the case."

Thankfully Blizzard don't seem to agree with the old "Its always been this way so it must remain so", as shown with the nerf to Warrior, Shaman and Druid "core mechanics".

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#12 Delenios

Delenios
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

first no matter how good that other teams mage is if you sit in mage cc for 30 seconds your team is doing something wrong.

third now all healers have a magic dispel. also mages now have little to no cover debuffs anymore so getting you out of mage cc shouldn't be as hard as it used to be. I understand that the healer doesn't always have the global to dispel you but that is what trinket is for or you can just sit in cc. don't forget cc is being reduce by 20% in the next patch

If you think its normal that you should get CC'd for about 30 seconds or you barely have time to hamstring / rend before getting peeled whole game your obv retarded.

Cuz god knows its totally our fault if the mage is like KAYKAY FOF DP HPAL NOVA WARRIOR

u just got peeled in a single global for p much 8 seconds.

Any mage team just going for pally and nova'ing warrior non stop or sheeping with blanket CS on him is just absolutly ridiculous as you just stand there looking at your healer get raped.

#13 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

his point is ... if you're sitting in cc constantly for 30 seconds it's because your team is shitdicks. not because their team has a mage.

use your fucking brain

[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my channel and ill protect u
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

#14 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Makes no sense really. Been training warriors all day in 3s on my shaman, die in smoke bomb everytime, so easy to kill.

Trinket/Heroic Leap are useful for those smoke bombs!

#15 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

If you think its normal that you should get CC'd for about 30 seconds or you barely have time to hamstring / rend before getting peeled whole game your obv retarded.

Cuz god knows its totally our fault if the mage is like KAYKAY FOF DP HPAL NOVA WARRIOR

u just got peeled in a single global for p much 8 seconds.

Any mage team just going for pally and nova'ing warrior non stop or sheeping with blanket CS on him is just absolutly ridiculous as you just stand there looking at your healer get raped.

^i lold. i love your scenario where your teammates do nothing but get soloed by a Mage. i like how you are mad at an 8 sec cd which you can either blade storm out of or ask for a preemptive freedom because somehow you just know that the mage is going to try and nova you (idk how you know the time but im sure you'll figure it out). either of which work perfectly well. better yet your paladin can dispel you but in case the mage does blow some of his CD's like deepfreeze cs pet nova then i think its perfectly acceptable for you as a warrior to blow a cd. i could be wrong though after all im not a doctor

#16 Delenios

Delenios
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:20 AM

So mages on your bg doesnt know what it is to blanket CS to CC or just take momentum or spellsteal eh ? freedom barely lasts 2 second against any decent team with offensive dispell , which is pretty much any of em.

#17 Cloned

Cloned
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

the other retarded thing with mages is spell steal... if you playing a mage and you have a pally healer its not worth freedoming cause it gets stolen and you end up in a worse position.... put a DR on their main nova and shattered barrier and would be enough

edit: didnt say anything on warriors

they should have just made you charge put interecept on a CD, not the full duration but like 10 sec or something so you cant bounce around so much, like the old shield wall put your retal on CD but only for like 20 sec

and then put an internal on sudden death and i think we would have been all right TBH.

all of these changes are from the 1st week complaints where no1 had any resil. WOTLK blizz said resil will fix it.. even when everyone had resil. this time they are nerfing before letting ppl get resil its stupid TBH.

also why ask a question when you are just going to follow him blindly. the guy could wear full mooncloth and make a video showing how well his health regens out of commbat and everyone will run around dressed like a fucking pope.

i dont use targeting macros. i click because im an idiot and i'm overrated

hope this helps

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1556
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

Trinket/Heroic Leap are useful for those smoke bombs!

"you can't use that here
no path available
you can't use that here
no path avail---dead"

#19 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

my biggest peeve with mages is the 4 different root dr's they have. I think that's fixed next patch so it won't be *as* bad but still pretty annoying.

#20 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

"you can't use that here
no path available
you can't use that here