Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

[Starcraft] Incase you didn't log into SCII today, patch 1.2 is out

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#21 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

its not about points or bonus pool, its about your hidden MMR.

I'm a terrible shitter so im not in masters yet :( QQ

Well the last few games I've played have been vs people in master league and they're absolute crap, so I'm assuming it wont take much to be promoted

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

#22 Deadbullets

Deadbullets

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

everyone i've fought since 1.2 is out has been favored, its like +25 every win

yeah man i think something is messed up i got like 88 pts in 3 games :o.

+38 , +28 and +22. its odd... i see a lot of people's rating skyrocket. yesterday people who were 2500 are 3000 today. shit is crazy man i hope they either go back and fix something or they dont change anything so its always like this, otherwise nayone who played the first couple day got a nice easy on avg +200 (or w/e)

or maybe im just crazy, but it seemed that way... i may be wrong cuz i didnt look into it that much :P
Posted Image

#23 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

And I'm promoted, fuck yeah

#24 hunts

hunts
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

i would be by now, but my computers been overheating and crashing mid game, so after about 6 straight losses of comp crashing im not really playing till i get my new heatsink
Posted Image

#25 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

if you got promoted to masters your points, like most peoples, took a huge hit and you're gonna get tons of points per game till you get back to your mmr

#26 Celestior

Celestior
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

if you got promoted to masters your points, like most peoples, took a huge hit and you're gonna get tons of points per game till you get back to your mmr

My experiences don't seem to validate this. Beating 2500+ masters league gives me 9-12 points, and I'll be slightly favored over people in the 2600s. The game seems to make no effort to try to get you to your MMR. The points seem to be based solely upon whether or not you are favored.

r1 in wow and with the women

#27 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

I got taken down from like 2700-2800 to 2200 and I only get 25-ish (that's including bonus pool) a win.

#28 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

I got taken down from like 2700-2800 to 2200 and I only get 25-ish (that's including bonus pool) a win.

because ~2800 in diamond = 2200 in masters

if you were generally 3k+ you are getting a lot of points per win

im just going by my experience

#29 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

Taken from http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=183798

Things that I have found and others about 1.2 that aren't in the patch notes
1. Extreme graphics are for campaign only.
+ Show Spoiler +

2. Clicking on the blue icon about 10 times underneath Starcraft makes you join "The Cow" chat channel
3. After replay has finished there is no "Done" instead you have to exit via F10 or clicking Menu then Quit Replay.
4. Custom game timer reduced from 30 to 10
5. Pause/Break opens a different pause menu, but F10 pause is still the same.
6. Cloacked units look different ( Because of graphical settings that allowed you to see them easier (probably)) Confirmed on banshee not to sure about other cloacked units.
7. Right arrow next to chat box has been removed instead you can left click on the persons name.
8. Burrow icons changed ( Thanks to tnud for supplying them)
+ Show Spoiler +

9. Buildings with tech labs no longer flash green when constructing a unit that requires the tech lab, It still flashes when something is being researched though.
+ Show Spoiler +

10. "Nuclear launch detected" sound no longer plays when a nuke has been launched.

Anything else that I missed, comment below and I will add it.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#30 ZoRoXo

ZoRoXo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

nice patch, maybe i'll start using some phoenix in pvz now instead of ragequitting everytime mutas spawn.

funny how I got promoted to masters league after winning a tvz where I spammed marines + scvs for almost 20 minutes straight. the guy didn't even gg me!
┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)

Spoiler

#31 Barre

Barre
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Not really as your current league points are independent of MMR. Upon promotion nothing happens to your MMR.
You take a hit as a conversion from league to league, as always.

#32 Floorboard

Floorboard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 763

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

nice patch, maybe i'll start using some phoenix in pvz now instead of ragequitting everytime mutas spawn.

funny how I got promoted to masters league after winning a tvz where I spammed marines + scvs for almost 20 minutes straight. the guy didn't even gg me!

lol? put down 3 more warp gates and 1-A the zerg base as soon as he goes mutas
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

#33 ZoRoXo

ZoRoXo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

need something that shoots air
┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)

Spoiler

#34 Floorboard

Floorboard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

pretty sure 6 gate shits on any muta build, stalker/sentry shits on mutas and you should have a healthy # of zealots to beat lings, PvZ is so one sided now
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

#35 Coreyo

Coreyo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shadowsong
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

no one can argue with that logic !!

#36 Celestior

Celestior
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

pretty sure 6 gate shits on any muta build, stalker/sentry shits on mutas and you should have a healthy # of zealots to beat lings, PvZ is so one sided now

Rofl...No that doesn't work. Yeah, you can sentry/stalker a retarded zerg who flies mutas directly into them. The problem with mutas against toss is that if he has a brain, you have to constantly keep stalkers back at your base to prevent muta harass, effectively cutting your offensive army size. Not to mention if you expand, you have to defend that against muta harass as well.

Any zerg who dies to a toss attack moving his base should kill himself. The only reason protoss can compete against zerg with using a gateway unit build at all is because of force field.

Zerg has the upper hand against toss if they know how to abuse zerg's ability to tech switch on a whim. If a toss sees mutas coming out...shit have to put up a stargate or two and slowly pump corsairs. Zerg version. Zerg sees a colossus, put up a spire and have 12 corrupters out the next minute.

My 2800+ zerg friends laugh at protoss. Many of them literally just 8pool and win against most master's toss. I can't possibly see how anyone would say it's one sided in the protoss's favor.

r1 in wow and with the women

#37 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Rofl...No that doesn't work. Yeah, you can sentry/stalker a retarded zerg who flies mutas directly into them. The problem with mutas against toss is that if he has a brain, you have to constantly keep stalkers back at your base to prevent muta harass, effectively cutting your offensive army size. Not to mention if you expand, you have to defend that against muta harass as well.

Any zerg who dies to a toss attack moving his base should kill himself. The only reason protoss can compete against zerg with using a gateway unit build at all is because of force field.

Zerg has the upper hand against toss if they know how to abuse zerg's ability to tech switch on a whim. If a toss sees mutas coming out...shit have to put up a stargate or two and slowly pump corsairs. Zerg version. Zerg sees a colossus, put up a spire and have 12 corrupters out the next minute.

My 2800+ zerg friends laugh at protoss. Many of them literally just 8pool and win against most master's toss. I can't possibly see how anyone would say it's one sided in the protoss's favor.

LOL

If you go 3 gate expand into 6 gate with +1 you cannot lose vs someone opening spire, end of.
NO ONE goes mutas in ZvP, because it simply autoloses vs big gateway pushes and stargate openers.

#38 Floorboard

Floorboard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

LOL

If you go 3 gate expand into 6 gate with +1 you cannot lose vs someone opening spire, end of.
NO ONE goes mutas in ZvP, because it simply autoloses vs big gateway pushes and stargate openers.

this
especially with the new phoenix buff going spire is suicide, the only time i've ever been able to go muta vs toss i find is if they open stargate voids and immidiatley throw down double robo hoping to get hydras, you need 3-4+ bases at least to support enough mutas.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

#39 hunts

hunts
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

you are so wrong o0n so many levels. And my friend vvvtitan who was for a while (not sure if he still is, he hasnt laddered much since 1.12) the #1 ranked zerg in norht america and i believe top 10 zergs in the world, says that P are almost impossible to beat if the P is as skilled or even slightly less skilled than the Z. Players such as idra and ret actually agree with this statement, and Believe me they are more expirienced than your 2800 friend.
Posted Image

#40 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

Not really as your current league points are independent of MMR. Upon promotion nothing happens to your MMR.
You take a hit as a conversion from league to league, as always.

...superb reading comprehension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users