Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 22:59. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Tremor Totem NO MORE

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#81 NarkiZ

NarkiZ
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

meh, Ill just start lvling my pala now. I dont understand how palas can get buffs in their current state, with divine plea and rebuke and stuff :(
woapala

#82 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

If your honest you would admit shamans didnt really need the old tremor model once they got a spammable defensive dispell while retaining grounding and getting 1sec cd off shear. Atleast they removed the "anti-caster" shaman model, maybe they can get some buffs vs melee now.

Im sure locks love this change, but I quite hate the new tremor as spriest personally. But o well, will c how it plays out.

Yea, this change is really nice versus instant fears and shit.

Also, the shaman remains as the strongest versus spell casters still :heart:

They didn't dumb down the class so far.

#83 Fruitloop

Fruitloop
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

and since i started raging now...

wtf is wrong that whenever there is a nerf to any class ( even small and decent ones), people are speaking of rerolling xy ?

seriously, do you play a class just because of its current status in the game?

in my opionion the nerfs are really acceptable

and what nadagast said against resto shaman you become pure dps class which cant actually dps because all your damage gets dispeled and healed in 1 cast.

#84 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yea, this change is really nice versus instant fears and shit.

Also, the shaman remains as the strongest versus spell casters still :heart:

Ye they will still be strong vs casters, but not too the extent they are atm. Which is good.

I'm mostly worried that tremor nerf will put warlocks over the top, because shamans were the main reason warlocks werent taking over imo.
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#85 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Ye they will still be strong vs casters, but not too the extent they are atm. Which is good.

I'm mostly worried that tremor nerf will put warlocks over the top, because shamans were the main reason warlocks werent taking over imo.

Yea, I agree :(

Warlocks will take back their #1 spot as usual ;)

#86 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Yea, I agree :(

Warlocks will take back their #1 spot as usual ;)

np, shadowplay inc
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#87 Zephron

Zephron
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 1731

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Ah, its still good to know shamans are still good.
:hunter: skill level brah>all classes

Hunters are like PoM Pyro mages --- except for them PoM is on a 10 second cooldown.

#88 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

I think they did, before u tried to keep tremor up so that you wouldnt get feared, now u have a button that you use when you fail to keep yourself out of fear instead... lol

#89 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

I personally think your wrong.

Almost every change lowers the shaman skillcap.

Get feared, np tremmor. Tremmor was actually one of the things that ALWAYS separated the good shamans from the bad.

Purging will also be far less important, as it is pretty much usless vs druid teams once the hots start rolling. (pre purge only).

No longer need to worry about bloodlusting at a good time, or when you partner isnt cloned etc.

I guess making hex 8seconds also reduces its importance slightly (although thats probably not true)
Posted Image

#90 Zephron

Zephron
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • RBG: 1731

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

As long as we still got shocks, still a tremor totem lol, and grounding the shaman class is nowhere near being bad. S'all good.
:hunter: skill level brah>all classes

Hunters are like PoM Pyro mages --- except for them PoM is on a 10 second cooldown.

#91 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Instead of absorbing a spell, your Grounding Totem reflects the next harmful spell back at its caster, but the cooldown of your Grounding Totem is increased by 10 sec.

yes pls

#92 Mavrei

Mavrei
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1047
  • 3v3: 1771
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

I have absolutely no qualms with any of these nerfs - I'm not even remotely worried about it affecting my play. But I really don't like the Blizzard style of "fuck it lets change everything all at once" as opposed to some sort of incremental patching.

It's not 'Hey I've got an idea for tremor lets see how this goes' - it's 'Hey, lets nerf tremor, mana tide, purge, cleanse, hex and lust all at once then start from scratch if we decide the nerfs were overdone.'

#93 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

I think its fine since fear also will be nerfed down to 8 seconds, and be able to remove fear while feared is awesome, i think they should reduce cooldown from 1 min to 45 seconds or so tho.

Purge change was also OK way to insaine atm vs some classes.
Posted Image

#94 Bommes

Bommes
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 1532

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

I personally think your wrong.

Almost every change lowers the shaman skillcap.

Get feared, np tremmor. Tremmor was actually one of the things that ALWAYS separated the good shamans from the bad.

Purging will also be far less important, as it is pretty much usless vs druid teams once the hots start rolling. (pre purge only).

No longer need to worry about bloodlusting at a good time, or when you partner isnt cloned etc.

I guess making hex 8seconds also reduces its importance slightly (although thats probably not true)

I agree with that so much.

I don't say shaman will be useless after the patch, but a lot less exciting to play, because tremor was actually a lot of what made the class interesting to me. Now it's just a useless 1-minute-just-pop-it-if-you-can't-avoid-getting-feared.

I think there would have been other ways to tweak resto and enh without nerfing ele so much and letting the core abilities stay as they were before. But we have to see how the changes turn out.

I'm really disappointed because tremor, purge and bloodlust were basically what made every shaman-specc viable throughout whole BC and Wotlk (with grounding and earth shock/wind shear), although enh dmg or ele/resto survivability wasn't always on par with other classes. Changing all of these can't really be the goal of Blizzard, because the chance that it will create more imbalances than it solves is pretty big from my point of view, especially having in mind future patches and that some stuff has to be changed with PvE in mind as well.

But well, let's see how this patch turns out :)

#95 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

I like how they managed to nerf tremor to make it at the same time worse against warlocks and better against priests, since clearly priests are more powerful than warlocks.

#96 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

Dunno, I never found it hard to use tremor to its best?

Doubt any shaman above a decent rating found that hard. This owns enh & ele pretty hard, but as resto you can still cleanse fears and shit.

But we'll see how it turns out, however I feel sorry for ele & enh regarding tremor totem. But people need to look at the aspects the new totem brings on board.

Let's say if we got a defensive CD, we could use it to be offensive in order to score a kill etc.

Also, people saying you can just "eat a fear". I mean, c'mon.. Playing like that would be foolish, and with Spiritwalker's Grace, shocks, ground & los we can avoid a lot of nasty situations with fear.

I hope it'll be sick how you wish to use the tremor, and yea let's see if 1 min is too long, but shouldn't be lower than 45 seconds at least. If spamming tremor behind a pillar to get fear off your teammates made you enjoy your class, I'm sorry for the loss of your joy then :(

#97 Wumba

Wumba
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

I agree that resto and perhaps enh needed nerfs, but I think this is a bit much at once. On the other hand, it's really nice that Blizzard acts fast, and some of these changes are really good. I just don't like being nerfed :(

#98 Alcapwny

Alcapwny
  • Vandòóm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

hm 1 min aoe fear breaker is still amazing dont know why everybody crys about this

good change (and i play 2s with shaman) im sure this has no big effect ^.^
in some situations its even a buff 4 shamans now u can break the fears who rly matters

#99 hirri

hirri
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

I find it funny that there's more warlocks here than shamans. ^^

#100 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I find it funny that shamans are saying that warlocks will take their #1 spot again like they have ever held the #1 spot in rep. I think shamans have this mentality that they have to shit on warlocks soooooo hard to make up for their failures against melee classes when it should be toned down on both sides which from these notes this is where its heading.

Example alot of the comps shamans needed lust was in zerg comps where your team overwhelmed the other team so hard melee could not even look at the shaman without getting gibbed from dmg.

Sure some shamans will still dance in the open and cry about getting feared others will learn to use pillars like the rest of the classes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users