Taoth
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Idk what you are arguing about Resto shaman needed nerfs and honestly did not get enough of them.

The tremor change honestly is good. Allows warlocks to CC players on a shamans team and a shaman has a 1 min AoE trinket for fear, not bad.

Except the problem is that Fear is the only CC that lets damage rarely break it. Tremor held that in check on top of the old talents that reduced Fear duration time.

Locks are a fire n forget class. They don't need to actively cast to continue to do damage once they get their dots up, so they can focus on throwing CC everywhere. All the other classes with spammable CC have to choose between CC and damage.

We'll have to see the full effects with the full updated patch notes, but it just seems like it could be the start of a slippery slope.

#62 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

do hope this gets fear damage threshold fixed

#63 bluetorch

bluetorch
  • Premium Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

holy *****

New guide for new warlocks. Cataclysm Guide Throwdown contest 2nd place

Posted Image
HQ & JTV-Featured stream at: http://www.justin.tv/tgbluetorch

#64 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

1 min cd is too much

#65 Zulmaluka

Zulmaluka
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental
  • LocationSomewhere far beyond.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Rejoice scrub locks, rejoice.. ;)
Shamans geting nerfed to the fuckin ground now,rofl..thx to enhe mostly..
tho i agree 100% with the fix on resto-dispel thay did..exactly what needed to silence spaming lock community.
RestoS gona need serious fixing after all this retard changes..not to speak of ele, thayr ruined for good till next patch..
not that im biased but shamans being decent or better insta nerf,while lock(and shitload of other classes sort-to-say) retarded for multy sesons going out of check with no nerf, kinda funny XD
gl hf guys

#66 Athulua

Athulua
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Good that ghw got massively buffed, so using it with fi and ue up causes some ridiculous heals (55k crit on lock pre patch when he was at 15%)

Also a tiny buff to mastery should be nice, cleansing needed to be changed, as did purge against resto dudus and priests simply too imbalanced.

Personally I can't wait to see paladins brought down off their throne of infinite mana, infinite instant heals and bullshit anti cc!

#67 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

GHW makes up for the tremor nerf imo, tremor didnt get too much nerfed for the shaman itself, but for its party members, should be easy enough too avoid fears anyway, dispelling arena partner shouldnt be any issue either =))

#68 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Personally I can't wait to see paladins brought down off their throne of infinite mana, infinite instant heals and bullshit anti cc!

:D

#69 urterminated

urterminated
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

1. It will 100% get changed to 3, MAYBE 2min cd, because wotf for all team on 1min cd is too powerful.
2. lol @ "lol noob locks tremor wasnt doing anything against good locks/// fear RARELY breaks on damage( If u didnt know there is a treshold on fear break which is 20% of BASE characters HP). Fearing shaman was enterely impossible unless with howl and even then it usually didnt work because alot of shamans are playing with SPs=it gets dispeled. Comps like shatterplay where basically immune to fear. And since SPs are keeping the dispel i dont see a big change in comps with 2 dispelers; CC still wont last more than few seconds unless u get lucky rng pathing. I understand that getting nerfed isnt nice but accept it - with current HP pools tremor had no place in this game.

#70 Superkåre

Superkåre
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

they said shaman spam dispelling was too powerful against locks and spriests... but the change only affects locks

edit: not that this change makes much of a difference since I wasn't using curses against shamans most of the time anyway

#71 Eatspie

Eatspie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

Elemental is going to be worse than hunters now

Spec vs Class
Spoiler

Fighting for Duelist equality on ArenaJunkies.com

#72 ProudToBeAWoman

ProudToBeAWoman

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

1. It will 100% get changed to 3, MAYBE 2min cd, because wotf for all team on 1min cd is too powerful.

Tremor totems was one of the class's main strengths. Changing it is one thing, breaking a fear a minute seems a fine substitute to unreliably breaking anywhere between 0 and 20 fears a minute. To suggest what you are saying would be to nerf tremor to the ground and strip shaman of a core mechanic and strength in arena they've had since season 1.

This is just my opinion, but you come off as bias.

Also, just by-and-by, comparing it to WotF is misleading. WotF was a racial(yes, was), something that does not belong in arena. Tremor is a class mechanic, something that does belong in arena.

#73 Colltrane

Colltrane
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

First it was pallys that were OP now shamans? whats next druid mana? lol

#74 Fruitloop

Fruitloop
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

2. lol @ "lol noob locks tremor wasnt doing anything against good locks/// fear RARELY breaks on damage( If u didnt know there is a treshold on fear break which is 20% of BASE characters HP). Fearing shaman was enterely impossible unless with howl and even then it usually didnt work because alot of shamans are playing with SPs=it gets dispeled. Comps like shatterplay where basically immune to fear. And since SPs are keeping the dispel i dont see a big change in comps with 2 dispelers; CC still wont last more than few seconds unless u get lucky rng pathing. I understand that getting nerfed isnt nice but accept it - with current HP pools tremor had no place in this game.

seriously, do me and many other users a favor and shut the fuck up.

all you are doing for the last weeks is bichtin' around and crying all day.
It's quite impossible to find a thread here, without a stupid comment from you.
Now we got nerfed and all you can do is going on with talking shit.
1min cd for tremor is cleary fine and if i would have more time i would be able to find many more of your statemets which are completely wrong.

#75 Rázz1296687488

Rázz1296687488
  • Junkies

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

U are bad, delusional and biased.

Lemme guess s2,s4 SL/SL, s6 destro with cheese comps.
Hatin´on me is like hating the truth

#76 Nikuna

Nikuna
  • Junkies

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

1 min cd is too much

Against locks perhaps, negating every second fear of a priest is pretty damn strong, if not too strong.

#77 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hmm, I actually like the changes so far :)

Yes, I said changes! We'll just have to see how PTR goes.

#78 Fruitloop

Fruitloop
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

yeah I find my most favourite quote of you

and what nadagast said against resto shaman you become pure dps class which cant actually dps because all your damage gets dispeled and healed in 1 cast.

#79 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

If your honest you would admit shamans didnt really need the old tremor model once they got a spammable defensive dispell while retaining grounding and getting 1sec cd off shear. Atleast they removed the "anti-caster" shaman model, maybe they can get some buffs vs melee now.

Im sure locks love this change, but I quite hate the new tremor as spriest personally. But o well, will c how it plays out.
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#80 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

Fearing shaman was enterely impossible unless with howl

The problem has always been fearing shamans teammates,not the shaman.Any decent lock can fear the shaman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users