#1 Ebene

Ebene
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scarlet Crusade
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

Warrior/druid is supposed to be a good counter to warlock/druid. But I don't understand the correct strategy for the warrior/druid team. I (the warrior) can't kill the pet due to chain cyclone/roots. I can't go after the lock for the same reason. But if I ignore the lock and go after the druid, my partner will be usually be oom from mana drains before I can get the druid down. What are we doing wrong?

#2 Furioni

Furioni
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Depends on the spec of the warlock. If the warlock is UA spec you should really be able to drop the pet quick, just have your druid go in with a feral charge/ bash and that should be enough time, also cancels out any root/cyclone the other druid might be casting on you. After this just beat on the warlock untill hes dead and have your druid CC the other druid. If you're going up against a demo lock/druid well beats me to be honest haven't beaten these yet, but with mace spec I'd say try killing the druid before yours go oom.

Grow some balls and come get slained and stick the 5's bracket.
-RamboJohny

#3 Forensic

Forensic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

Go ahead and kill the pet. My job is to mana drain the druid. I don't need the pet to do that. Most likely the warrior will be after my partner (however I roll with a shaman). You don't have the capability to mana drain, the warlock does. The key is for your druid to not get mana drained. The warlock will dot up the warrior so that the druid does have to go into human form to heal. The warlock can CoEx the warrior. If the druid comes out to decurse, then there is another chance to mana drain. Killing the pet will only help in 2 ways. One I can't Dark Pact to get mana. I'll have to lifetap. Two is your druid has a better chance to get away and drink on a longer fight.

#4 mog

mog
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

kill the pet, kill it twice. shoudl be easy to cc the druid for the time it takes to kill the pet, and if the pet is on you you can tank it near where the warrior is being rooted so he can do dps. once the pet(pets*) are dead, you have plenty of time to drink while hte opposite druid has no time at all since teh dmg a warrior do to a warlock is quite high :> interrupt and delay as many roots as possible, if your warrior mate is rooted and lock got away, cyclone lock for some of the duration :o (like cyclone cyclone, then cyclone/cyclone/feral charge other druids bag of tricks :))

#5 adra

adra
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Chromaggus
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:06 AM

Killing the pet is really your best bet. If your druid can drink the mana drains arent really that bad and he should be able to keep both of you topped off using only lifebloom.

If the lock is UA you have to kill the pet because it gives the lock infinite mana and it's pretty easy to kill once.

You don't have to kill the pet if the lock is SL. Your druid partner should be able to stay los from the lock keeping you up w/ Lifebloom whenever you need them. The fight will be long and drawn out but their druid should go oom healing through MS much faster than your druid if he does a good job of staying away from drains (takes some practice but isn't as hard as it seems at first).

If you dont kill the pet immediately allways be looking for a chance to kill the pet easily, for example if their druid goes away to drink or it follows your partner behind a pillar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<