swordscream
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

I think most people just aren't high enough to start losing points. I see people 2500+ losing pts all the time.
USMC OIF 04-05

#102 Murtras

Murtras
  • Junkies

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

doubt that, im sorta siding with the guy who had the MMR theory, because atm im 2670 rated, i still win 13points against some teams at even 1.2k rated while i can win 2 points against a 1.2k rated team. Yesterday we lost to a 1.5k shitty rated alliance team in strands and i lost 11 points, while my paladin friend who was 10points lower than me (and been in all of the same groups as me because i run the rated BGS....) he lost 0....rating system is fuked...basically play alot of games and you'll be high. That -11 point loss is the only loss I've had since like 2.1k rating,(granted we dont lose RBGS alot, but for the few times we've lost, i kept the same rating)

#103 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

Gosh, rated BGs were executed so horribly..

#104 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

doubt that, im sorta siding with the guy who had the MMR theory, because atm im 2670 rated, i still win 13points against some teams at even 1.2k rated while i can win 2 points against a 1.2k rated team. Yesterday we lost to a 1.5k shitty rated alliance team in strands and i lost 11 points, while my paladin friend who was 10points lower than me (and been in all of the same groups as me because i run the rated BGS....) he lost 0....rating system is fuked...basically play alot of games and you'll be high. That -11 point loss is the only loss I've had since like 2.1k rating,(granted we dont lose RBGS alot, but for the few times we've lost, i kept the same rating)

you have like 50 losses are you sure you dont lose alot
Posted Image

#105 Murtras

Murtras
  • Junkies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

I pug alot when my regular people aren't on.

#106 swordscream

swordscream
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

I pug alot when my regular people aren't on.

That would explain why you lose points and your friend of similar ranking does not. link his page? There is a method to Blizzards madness, can anyone make sense of this jumble? I suck and don't understand because reading is hard.

Q. What Rated Battleground rating do players start out with?

A. Players start at zero Rated Battleground rating and progress upward from there. If you lose a battle, your Rated Battleground rating will only be reduced if that rating is currently higher than your Match Making Value (MMV). For the most part, a rating only goes up.

Q. What’s MMV?

A. Match Making Value (or MMV for short) is our best measure of an individual player's skill. MMV is the skill rating per format (2v2, 3v3, 5v5, Battleground) and per character that is used for matchmaking. It exists to help the matchmaking system create great matches as quickly as possible for all players. It's generally not a rating we show, with the exception of an average MMV for Arena teams.

Q. Will my MMV go down in the event of a Rated Battleground loss?

A. Yes; however, unlike Arenas, all players in a Rated Battleground team will win or lose the same amount of Rated Battleground rating per match depending on its outcome.

Q. Does MMV for Rated Battlegrounds function the same as it does in Arenas (i.e. does it go up more when you beat a higher-rated team, and go down more when you lose to a lower-rated team)?

A. Yes. Your MMV will go up faster if you defeat a Rated Battleground team with a higher average MMV.

Q. What’s the plan to prevent your Rated Battleground rating from skyrocketing at high win ratios? If your rating only goes down when it is above your MMV, it seems that ratings will just be high on average (compared to Arena).

A. If your Rated Battleground rating gets inflated much beyond your MMV, you’ll only receive a minimal amount of points when you win. Similarly, you’ll lose many more points after a defeat, until your Rated Battleground rating gets back in line with your MMV. This will prevent inflation.

USMC OIF 04-05

#107 Pronomore

Pronomore
  • Junkies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

we had like 4 people who were ever above 1500

#108 Roflade

Roflade
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

QFT.

easier grind than arenas, easier grind then the original title grind of vanilla. However, having organized teams in BG's again finally is GREAT, sadly new spells dynamically changed the way they play (ring of frost/smokebomb).

well HWL wont mean shit each season, it just means you didn't grind it out.
Posted Image

#109 Murtras

Murtras
  • Junkies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

we had like 4 people who were ever above 1500

wasen't talking about your team, but then again its LOLstrands so w/e, everyteam thats beaten us in strands we just 4cap em in EOTS ;)

#110 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

Make another guide plz idk how to do gilneas!! it's so confusing with the waterfall

#111 Guest_trance_*

Guest_trance_*

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

No we won't because horde queue times range from 10 to 30minutes and most high MMR teams get into games long before we do.

Anyways I've queued almost every single day since rated bgs were available.

today we had queues going up to 20 mins, granted we were queueing with a team with an avg of 1700~ rating. I still don't understand how queue matching works, teams with like 1k or less rating get games faster than us so I'm guessing It's all relative to the team's MMV.

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/0/1/2/.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

today we had queues going up to 20 mins, granted we were queueing with a team with an avg of 1700~ rating. I still don't understand how queue matching works, teams with like 1k or less rating get games faster than us so I'm guessing It's all relative to the team's MMV.

Seems like most of our questions would be answered if Blizzard just let us see the MMR of ourselves and our opponents.
Lawson~Flag Carrier
Posted Image

#113 Pronomore

Pronomore
  • Junkies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

wasen't talking about your team, but then again its LOLstrands so w/e, everyteam thats beaten us in strands we just 4cap em in EOTS ;)

whoever has more un dispelable slows wins :D

#114 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

Make another guide plz idk how to do gilneas!! it's so confusing with the waterfall

I need to figure it out for myself first man...

#115 kpvols

kpvols
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2431

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:34 AM

ha trypt-mannoroth is 2754 rating wow

#116 bynd

bynd
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Eonar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:18 AM

Posted Image

i hate this system -_-

EDIT: I just went back a page and saw Blizzard's "explanation", still fucking stupid system lol.

#117 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

I have a feeling there would be a lot more acceptance of the system if Blizzard just showed the MMV on scoreboards.

#118 Pandamcpanda

Pandamcpanda

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

saw an allied player last night who was 2900 already. Holy hell lol.
"Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people"

#119 swordscream

swordscream
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

I feel bad for all the people who PuG RBGs and lost a bunch of games, they are pretty much fuckt in the long run because of the way Blizz implemented the system.

Their MMV is pretty much shit now and their grind to BG mount is going to be increasingly difficult for them the more games they lose. Moral of the story: DONT PUG RBGS UNLESS YOU WANT TO SCREW YOURSELF IN THE POOPCHUTE. (Unless of course you just want GM/HWL title)
USMC OIF 04-05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<