#41 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

The skillcap of warriors is much higher than you give credit. And this change is going to lower it A LOT. Horrible change, hope it doesn't go through, I'd rather damage is nerfed.

agreed, sudden death could've been change or a longer cd on throwdown. They've already added a load of talents (rageless shouts/interrupts, very little rage penalty on stance switching, pummel in bstance etc) which make warriors almost like Ret Paladins in S5 with less defenses and more mobility which is now gone if this change goes through.

As kujai said though the damage approach wasn't taken due to PvE most likely.

PS I wouldn't even reply to lolflay since it's pretty clear from other comments he made about warriors in the past he's never played one or with one. Classic my class takes skill yours takes none mentality.

Anyway I had to go so i was like ok i gotta head to class and shes like peace and hugs me and my boner pushes against her leg and she looks at me wide eyed and walks away really fast.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#42 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Reducing their mobility was the easiest way to 'help' fix their damage in pvp, without hurting the PvE side of things (of which they are already far behind).

just buff slam wtf, pve fixed.

remove heroic leap

no more focus intercept, skilllcap decreased, well done

#43 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Shadowpriest.

How original

no more focus intercept, skilllcap decreased, well done

This is going to make the warrior class a harder class to master, where before you could just ping-pong between all the targets, but the fact that a warr gotta prioritize on either sticking on your target, or stopping a cast /w focus, if anything this increases the skillcap on the warrior class

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#44 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

Reducing their mobility was the easiest way to 'help' fix their damage in pvp, without hurting the PvE side of things (of which they are already far behind).

They nerfed Raging Blow as well, which already hits Fury's PvE damage.

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#45 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

How original

Just like the "your class has no skillcap lol" argument is original?

Coming from a Shadowpriest with one of the lowest in the game I found it quite amusing.

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#46 Danje

Danje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

how a warrior uses their mobility is skill indicator. ofc any imbecile and jam his gap closers to stick on one target, but our ability to really ping pong effectively in multi-target is something that separates us from each other.

Is this a joke or what?

P.S. If you see a hunter in the street try not to make eye contact. If you accidentally meet his gaze, try standing still, if my theories are correct and hunters in fact share 68.4% of their DNA with the T-rex, he won't be able to see you and you may avoid attack.

Spoiler

#47 Catoblepas

Catoblepas

Now we just gatta wait 2 seasons for them to fix the pvp 4set bonus.

Brilliant.... and probably true.

I'm personally praying that it's bugged and will shorten Charge CD after an intercept.
Mage killer extra-ordinaire

#48 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

but true Potty! Dunno the old argument about my class is harder than yours shit gets more redundant every xpac that at this stage it's purely semantics.

agreed

Just like the "your class has no skillcap lol" argument is original?

Coming from a Shadowpriest with one of the lowest in the game I found it quite amusing.

Some classes are designed to basically hardcounter a spec/class, alot like frostmages in BC vs warriors and SP's

I do agree that SP's have been quite unstable in terms of damage, but so has every other class in the game had troughout an expansion, not sure if you understood my point with this reply, but that's my opinion

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#49 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

This is going to make the warrior class a harder class to master

lol

#50 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

lol

yeah that disc was shitty in cata beginning was no problem, they just made the class harder to master.

#51 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

if anything this increases the skillcap on the warrior class

No, it vastly decreases it.

#52 imbah

imbah
  • Members

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

k so warriors had insane mobility, burst, stuns and were blatantly overpowered - and there is massive whine when one is nerfed...

"it lowers our skillcap"
"stupid change"
"its the wrong change"

are all nothing reasons for why you are complaining - you are actually just thoughtlessly complaining because you don't like being nerfed.

#53 Manakuski

Manakuski

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

I really don't get it, why blizzard is even trying to keep arms as a pve-specc? It should be the pvp-specc and nothing else. I like the lambs of the slaughter change, but the nerf on juggernaut is totally retarded. First of all, i can only imagine the massive qq about 8,5 second stunlocks by warriors, no trinket -> dead. Also blizzard have stated that they want us to switch stances, now what the hell are we gonna switch stances for? Recklesness and shieldwall and disarm. Nice, that's a lot of stanceswitching.

I'd say just increase the cd on Heroic leap to 2 minutes if you pick juggernaut, or nerf sudden death/remove it.

#54 Xarc

Xarc
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

I gotta ask you warriors with weapon, do you feel that warrior is overpowerd? I personally feel we're utterly shit until we get mad rng and get left alone to just tunnel someone. the moment i get a slowed i very rarely can land good damage during csmash, as people can just outrun our supergood hamstring, and then jump our charges.

#55 Redefined

Redefined
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 2402
  • RBG: 1644
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Change might have been a little excessive. Could have just kept it the same as before with the Charge increased CD of 5 seconds but also add it to Intercept as well, if you think Warrior's mobility needed to be slightly nerfed. I'm sure CS changes are still in the works, so that should address their burst damage, coupled with this mobility nerf; it could be a tad too much.

Although the Slaughter change sounds like a buff in that regard, no?
------------------------------

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

best Rogue on US

#56 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

The skillcap of warriors is much higher than you give credit. And this change is going to lower it A LOT. Horrible change, hope it doesn't go through, I'd rather damage is nerfed.

I realise that, and I don't necessarily approve of these nerfs as they're certainly in the wrong spot, but one can't really mention warriors skill cap when it's not exactly as high as it used to be ( up for debate really, I guess, and I know loads of specs got their skillcap raped ( fmages for example ) )

I realise there are some great warriors out there, but the same 2 abilities that seperate a good warrior from a bad one, also lead the lesser warriors to believe they're actually skilled for having best 2 distance closers in the game that can be infinitely abused, then write here on AJ and complain about getting nerfed in a area which TBC/early WoTLK warriors mastered and can do mostly fine without, while the WoTLK heroes won't manage it at all if the nerf goes through. Hope you understood my PoV on it. With that said, I'm all up for warriors keeping their gap closers as long as they do something reasonable to nerf the strength of the class/spec.

Shadowpriest.

Uneducated claim about something you deffo don't know about, directed at a player who can also play a warlock as good, if not better, than a shadowpriest. Just don't post if that's all you can contribute to the discussion.

#57 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Locationin ur bed

k so warriors had insane mobility, burst, stuns and were blatantly overpowered - and there is massive whine when one is nerfed...

"it lowers our skillcap"
"stupid change"
"its the wrong change"

are all nothing reasons for why you are complaining - you are actually just thoughtlessly complaining because you don't like being nerfed.

that's because there's a difference between a nerfs and getting your balls chopped off.

basicily they're dumping the warrior class down to 2 stances instead of 3 and remove our way to do funky "intterupts" on anything that's ranged other then every 15 second, which is also our gab closer.

edit @lolflay : The game is different now, there's more snares/etc then in tbc, hence why you can't really compare it.
wat is dis game

#58 Neurosis

Neurosis
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

How original

This is going to make the warrior class a harder class to master, where before you could just ping-pong between all the targets, but the fact that a warr gotta prioritize on either sticking on your target, or stopping a cast /w focus, if anything this increases the skillcap on the warrior class

We had choices before and most warriors still stuck with the tunnelvision approach.
This change promotes tunnel vision to all warriors.

This change basically cuts down our choices to two possible choices in all situations (yes or no) instead of quite a few more that we currently have.
Queen of Welfare Checks

#59 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

No, it vastly decreases it.

How does this change decrease the skill-cap of the warrior class?
Now you can't ping-pong between targets all the time (I.E WOTLK), but as said you have to prioritize if you need to stick onto your target, or charge/intercept another target to stop a cast.
no more charging back & forth like a dummy AKA perhaps increasing the skill-cap on the warrior class

/thread

#60 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

How does this change decrease the skill-cap of the warrior class?
Now you can't ping-pong between targets all the time (I.E WOTLK), but as said you have to prioritize if you need to stick onto your target, or charge/intercept another target to stop a cast.
no more charging back & forth like a dummy AKA perhaps increasing the skill-cap on the warrior class

because now, when a guy cast in our face we can't really intterupt it without blowing our gab closer.

and it forces us into 2 stances instead of 3.
wat is dis game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<