#1 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:28 AM

Well, I currently am 1 week away from having enough points for a s2 weapon, and am debating should I change to an arena sword or mace, or should I just get the small upgrade of the helm for my 5/5. I should be able to get helm + throwing + shield or a weapon +throwing and still cap out for S3

Swords - More potential burst and overall the most DPS out of all weapons. I've never used a sword before so I'm not sure what to expect but on paper it sounds promising.
S2 Mace - More overall DPS hit rating and resil than my DT.
DT - Still a good weapon and additional stun proc is always handy when it procs.

Helm + shield - Small upgrades but an upgrade none the less, I use S1 helm and a shat rep shield. Thing about this is spending the gold on new gems and enchant and a new meta gem kinda sucks. I'm too cheap to spend money on a different meta on my helm right now too because it honestly doesn't help that much until my team gets into the top 10 (I'd say 1-2 weeks since our primary rogue is on vacation and we're using a sub)

What I think I should be going for is more resil since more 4 DPS teams are comming out. I don't really have access to PvE stuff either so I'm rather confused.

Any advice? I know mace spec is retarded powerful but S2 mace looks so ugly compared to the sword :(

#2 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:37 AM

i am of the firm belief that weapon > all. If you cannot get a T3 crafted weapon it's pretty much mandatory to get the arena 2h. Assuming you already have the S1 armor....going from S1 to S2 is nominal. I just picked up the S2 BP and slotted it with all 3 BG epic gems and the stat increase i got going from a S1 + blue gems is so low it's retarded

#3 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:46 AM

Well then heres the question, which S2 weapon? Mace is really nice but it does lack offensive ability,and that is a warrior's primary role, to kill things, or atleast hurt them a lot and drain the healers mana by forcing healing with MS.

#4 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:38 AM

I did not take the Mace because seeing me with this mace instead of SH i would cry everyday.
I did not take Sword because i dont like it.
So i took Axe.

I'm not disapointed, i'm still getting vortex for SH tho.
With axe spec i 'm at 39.5 % crit rate, sure resilience cur away a little damage from the crits, but well you have to crit anyway.

I think you should, get on test server, and play with weapons a litle. Copy your char 3 times :)

#5 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:09 AM

mace spec is by far the best spec atm. I was a long time axe supporter and thought mace spec was horrible, i decided to try out mace spec and am now loving it. Yes, you have probably read this a thousand times before. And it's been debated about a thousand times before.

The only thing i can add is that IMHO mace > axe > sword

#6 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:58 AM

why would you say axe > sword?
axe gets reduced by resil where the extra hit from the sword is not reduced by anything, and it also has a chance to crit. with the current sword spec, it works just about the same as swords in a 0 resil situation.

#7 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

Also... Hamstring.

With Axe spec, 5% chance for Hamstring to crit for 126 damage.

With Sword spec, 5% chance to Hamstring to hit for another 900 damage (and ~30% chance for that to crit)

Considering how much Hamstring is used in the Arenas and considering how much more effective a Sword spec proc is in terms of burst potential as well as dealing with resilience, I don't even see how there's a choice.

It's all the mentality. People get Axe spec and see their character sheet crit% just to 39% and feel very impressed. People get Axe spec and everytime they crit, in their minds they think "<3 Axe spec" instead of realizing that only 5% of those are due to the spec.

#8 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

Like I said this is an endless debate. But I

#9 Pentragon

Pentragon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

I'm getting the sword Tuesday...nothing compares to sword spec burst potential. The extra rage on top of the extra attack you get from the extra damage = sick ass burst. Mace stun is awesome for the smaller scale arenas but I am a firm believer in sword spec for 5v5.

#10 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:40 AM

deep thunder is as good as any season 2 weapon imho... 3.8 attack speed goes a long way, big slams, more procs...

#11 Pentragon

Pentragon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:45 AM

Season 2 sword has hit rating as well as more crit than DT allowing more flexibility in your rings/trinkets. Who knows what kind of goodies ZA is going to have as far as trinket/rings concern!

#12 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

Well all S2 weapons are exactly the same, same stats speed and damage range. Its more on the spec, and all of them have higher top end, and faster speeds than a DT with better stats. DT has its extra stun going for it, but I don't think its worth the 12 DPS loss + resil crit and hit loss for that one low proc rate stun proc.

I know mace spec is OP, but for someone who focuses mainly on 5s, I notice it helping in some situations and not in a lot of situations.
Helps on BoF + hunter traps, slowing down dps, locking rogues down in evasion through a stun proc during overpower.
It doesn't help sometimes too when I have a target at 10% or less and my mace stuns and they get to full, any other spec that procs at that moment would have killed my target.

For the most part, I will have my hit cap, 1600+ unbuffed AP and 31% crit in zerker no matter which of the choices I take.

#13 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:43 AM

I took axe because with Axe i have more chance that my Windfury Procs will crit thus way more rage.

Now it's nerfed, i'm very disappointed.

#14 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:04 AM

I took axe because with Axe i have more chance that my Windfury Procs will crit thus way more rage.

Now it's nerfed, i'm very disappointed.

Or you could have taken Sword to have a chance that your Hamstrings will proc an extra attack which can also crit. The mere fact that Hamstring is used so often in PvP puts Sword Spec way over the top if you're looking for a damage oriented build and spec.

Also with Resilience... an MS crit will be way less damage than an MS hit that triggers Sword Spec (ignoring the rage you get as well as that fact that SS can crit cause those slant it even further in favor of SS).

#15 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yes i know that, it was a bad choice ;) I was natalgic about by OLD arcanite reaper too xd
Im waiting for my SH now :P

#16 Erod

Erod
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

I'm going to buy the season 3 sword just for the simple fact that when you take DT off your losing the extra stun and the slower weapon for more procs, plus I guess I'm just curious about sword spec and wanna give it a go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<