• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Blood 0/1/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

floose said:

think it got hotfixed, procs off dots now

Make it an even better investment, great.

#83 JaK91

JaK91
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

i can confirm it procs off dots

#84 Gathund

Gathund
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

for a human lets say with EMFH being put back to 2 minutes would this trinket be a top choice along with the on use over lets say stump of time?
I'm a warlock pewpew

#85 Vas

Vas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

its quite crap in comparsion to the on-use trinket from valor points.

you can reforge the same static values and the use effect is 19XX spell power instead of the 15XX sp use on the epic resi edition.

use effects much better than procs and that fact is more solid when you combine both use effect and demon soul.

had this trinket and got GM to unbind it and sold it. dont waste ur time unless your human
:warrior::warlock::druid:

#86 JaK91

JaK91
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Vas said:

you can reforge the same static values and the use effect is 19XX spell power instead of the 15XX sp use on the epic resi edition.

use effects much better than procs and that fact is more solid when you combine both use effect and demon soul.

had this trinket and got GM to unbind it and sold it. dont waste ur time unless your human

offtopic: what did you say to get it unbound?

#87 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Poobandit said:

i did it on a rogue who was just sitting there tanking dmg for me in elwynn so idk lol

maybe its just ua that does that but im pretty certain that they changed it...

ok im wrong
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#88 Ryukelol

Ryukelol
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Vas said:

True with the use effect trinkets you have more control over when you want to use demon soul but doesnt the that trinket have at least a 1 min a 30 sec CD if not more compared to Volcano's 45 sec icd, Volcano also provides a crit bonus because of the 1600 intellect it gives which is roughly what 3% crit? Still seems alot better to me tbh.
Last boss in WoW is Ghostcrawler. After we storm Blizzard headquarters and kill him, he drops the all powerful [Balance] that he has been hording away all these years.

Posted Image

#89 Vas

Vas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Ryukelol said:

True with the use effect trinkets you have more control over when you want to use demon soul but doesnt the that trinket have at least a 1 min a 30 sec CD if not more compared to Volcano's 45 sec icd, Volcano also provides a crit bonus because of the 1600 intellect it gives which is roughly what 3% crit? Still seems alot better to me tbh.

volcano is 12seconds up. trinket use is 20. makes a difference.

however i get what your saying. more time it up bla bla. but useless if it ups at random points because how can you make use of the short 12 seconds uptime if you have to desperately peel your teammate or get sheeped / cs etc.

having control over your trinket with demon soul together is max dmg, max burst at a key point in any arena game. not to mention that the 20seconds uptime is much better than 12.

#90 Vas

Vas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

JaK91 said:

offtopic: what did you say to get it unbound?

first time was "gift" for my friend equiped by mistake instead of my honor trinket.

second time I said that i made a mistake selling the item in ah and shift+loot from post box i equiped by mistake and it was late at night.

i also said that didnt proc of dots etc when it didnt and was useless to me and my class etc.

just build a lie an run with it. fail,try again =)

#91 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

I like procs cause I'm lazy

#92 Ryukelol

Ryukelol
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Vas said:

volcano is 12seconds up. trinket use is 20. makes a difference.

however i get what your saying. more time it up bla bla. but useless if it ups at random points because how can you make use of the short 12 seconds uptime if you have to desperately peel your teammate or get sheeped / cs etc.

having control over your trinket with demon soul together is max dmg, max burst at a key point in any arena game. not to mention that the 20seconds uptime is much better than 12.

You can make use of it because you should also be casting and doing damage along with peeling not just ignore the proc and sit there spamming fear If you're peeling without putting out any pressure at the same time the enemy doesnt pull back but switchs to someone else because the enemy has no pressure on himself so he can do as he pleases. With more damage up time even if at random points you can create mass pressure which can put a team waaay behind insted of using your burst all at once and having that damage be healed up because your cd is on par with the cds of most defensive cds.

I mean it also comes down to what comp you're playing I myself play RLD with a sub rogue so im the one calling the shots about who to be on and who to cc etc and if i can create mass pressure on everyone on the opposite team and call a switch to a target the target usualy dies because the healer cant keep up healing himself and his partners.

TLDR: More uptime -> More overal damage - More pressure -> Faster kills :p
Last boss in WoW is Ghostcrawler. After we storm Blizzard headquarters and kill him, he drops the all powerful [Balance] that he has been hording away all these years.

Posted Image

#93 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

I like the idea of use trinkets, but I don't like the fact that once I use it it's doing nothing for me besides 300 resil for the next 100 seconds.

I wish the use trinket was ~800 SP for 20 seconds with a 1 minute CD instead of 1600 SP for 20 seconds on a 2 minute CD.

So for now I'm probably gonna use the proc trinkets.  I'm not convinced that it's the best choice I just prefer higher long term pressure than a big burst and then a trinket that's only resil for the next 100 seconds.

I think my favorite would actually be like a Haste/Resil/Int trinket with a small-ish proc/use on a short CD with high uptime.

#94 Ryukelol

Ryukelol
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Nadagast said:

I like the idea of use trinkets, but I don't like the fact that once I use it it's doing nothing for me besides 300 resil for the next 100 seconds.

I wish the use trinket was ~800 SP for 20 seconds with a 1 minute CD instead of 1600 SP for 20 seconds on a 2 minute CD.

Pretty much this

Posted Image

#95 Vas

Vas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

your both missing the point :(

when did i say take RESI trinket?

i said take the PVE 1650 VALOR point trinket. so you lose 0 haste or mastery and you get 19XX+ spell power use. NOT 1600. NOT 300 resi.

so its like 2k spell on use or 1600int on 45icd.

you can all use what you like, just really dont rate the trinket.

i personally dont want the extra 300resi myself atm, so the valor trinket gives me the same static stats as darkmoon, however i also get 19XX+ spell power on use instead of the 15XX use from resi, or 1600 from epic resi trinket.

darkmoon probs better than the resi trinkets if you holding enough resi to date. however i think valor trinket > darkmoon > pvp resi

#96 Ryukelol

Ryukelol
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

Vas said:

your both missing the point :(

when did i say take RESI trinket?

i said take the PVE 1650 VALOR point trinket. so you lose 0 haste or mastery and you get 19XX+ spell power use. NOT 1600. NOT 300 resi.

so its like 2k spell on use or 1600int on 45icd.

you can all use what you like, just really dont rate the trinket.

i personally dont want the extra 300resi myself atm, so the valor trinket gives me the same static stats as darkmoon, however i also get 19XX+ spell power on use instead of the 15XX use from resi, or 1600 from epic resi trinket.

darkmoon probs better than the resi trinkets if you holding enough resi to date. however i think valor trinket > darkmoon > pvp resi

You seem to miss our point though put aside the static stats, With any one of the on use trinkets soul casket which you're talking about has a 2 min CD with a 20 sec duration thats great and all but for the next 100 secs you just have static stats. In that time including the first proc you can get a total of 3 1600 intellect procs giving SP and Crit and a tiny damage burst that helps nonetheless compared to a slight SP boost for 8 secs longer from the soul casket.  But to each his own.

Posted Image

#97 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

Nadagast said:

So for now I'm probably gonna use the proc trinkets.  I'm not convinced that it's the best choice I just prefer higher long term pressure than a big burst and then a trinket that's only resil for the next 100 seconds.

This gentleman speaks the truth.

#98 Vas

Vas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

tbh i think its just down to your style/gameplay then.

I personally think that soul casket is the best choice because the on use is very high compared to all the other /use trinkets and i prefer use ;)

this be the last thing i say ;) because clearly im out voted haha.

the reason i belive the strength of soul casket use is better than 45second icd procs;

reasons for me =

1. The amount spell power is incredibly high (19XX+ :o)
2. You can use both /use & demon soul together for great pressure
3. The duration of the buff is 20 seconds not 12
4. You have control of when you wish to increase your damage

I know these are obvious but you have to agree that a player with a /use trinket is 100% ready to take full advantage of the entire duration because you are commencing the duration count down yourself.

With that in mind you can add demon soul, and already have prepared soul swap etc to transfer dots around the enemy team with all the damage taking the trinket use damage+demon soul damage into account.

The amount of spell power is higher as well so you have more "burst" bad word but in general more damage for that short period of time.

However over the course of a 2min fight i can understand that you may have 2-3 procs but they are RANDOM. You cant prepare or be ready to make the most of your proc (which last less time *12seconds*) because soon as you get it you have to start refreshing your dots to take the effect of your damage increase. Our spells have alot of refresh mechanics to manage that but in your short period of time which has been chosen at random. Ive had the chance to not only use my trinket proc to its full potential, but i have also chose when to use it, when the enemy team is in bad shape etc.

its huge pressure imo :o i probs wouldnt favor the use trinket without demon soul ingame but both together just so nice guys.

anyway, i 100% understand where you guys are coming from, 100seconds with static effect can be considered a long time but i think its worth it by a large margin ;)

sorry for bad english etc xx

#99 Ryukelol

Ryukelol
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:13 AM

I agree that it's all personal preferance and if you're running a bursty comp it's great.  volcano has a very high chance to proc when off cd and if you have your timeing down it's not totally random but can still come at bad times so yeah again all personal preference :) I'm just glad that this thread has had some great discussions.

Posted Image

#100 Gathund

Gathund
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

What do you guys think about the new Alchemist trinket? No good at all?

http://db.mmo-champi...lchemist-stone/   301 int/ red Socket with a bonus of 10 int/ 194 haste
I'm a warlock pewpew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<