#181 Viia

Viia
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:42 AM

Why would you run around in humanoid form for that long in the first place when you can simply line up 5 combo point finisher for instant cc? It would balance things out if it wasn't for that instant cyclon (gl getting a cast in that split moment of time).

It's called getting stunned as you shift, if you have a cancelform/form macro, it shifts you into caster and you're stuck in it. Throw this on top of having to spam shift to break snares, and it happens more often than you'd think.

Most people are just uneducated about ferals. Shrug.
Feral Class Hero... wannabe.

#182 DiZzyBonne

DiZzyBonne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:35 AM

Just using the default shapeshift binds takes you out of form before you switch, no matter what form you're going from -> to.

#183 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:48 AM

When a feral uses an instant cast, they are stuck in caster for the full global, at minimum. If said feral then casts another spell, such as a heal, or another cyclone, or a hibernate, that is even more time in caster. How hard is it to throw an instant stun, gouge, charge, intercept, fear, whatever, at the feral druid while he is stuck in caster for that time?

If you can manage that simple task, then you can cast a poly/hex for full effect on the feral druid.

#184 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

I love the moaning about catching ferals out of form. It's the kind of logic that leads to restos thinking they're safe to travel form in to cyclone range so I can toss a hibernate at them. Hell, I drop everything I'm doing and root a resto druid if he ever gets in bear. At worst you're mistiming his bash, at best wasting his enrage so he looses the bash attempt all together.

Point is, it's possible, and therefor possible for a good enough player to exploit it. I'm frankly surprised a mage/spriest or a mage/spriest/x haven't polyed me and gone after my pally the million times I've been caught in a DF/horror/fear while shifting novas and wound up standing there in caster form.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#185 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

Yes, because hibernate doesnt't exist, does it? Equivalent to sheep in duration, 10s full cc.

not sure if srs...it's like DKs going "ye why cant we keep X coz we can get full shackles in lichborne hurr durr"
Posted Image

#186 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

^comparing 10sec duration cd with a form? not sure if srs, gtfo

#187 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost ./2/0/2/./2/.

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Their damage seems fine, a little fine, but honestly no more insane than warriors or dk's. It's the mobility/cc immunity that's stupid.

#188 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

:mage: nothing to add

#189 Cova

Cova
  • Covaz
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

if you're shifting to human form to get out of novas you're not doing it right, there is a powershifting macro that you need to look into.

plus i'll be damned surprised if a team can get me into a sheep by the time i instant cast cyclone and the time i shift back.

also, there are ALOT of ways to cc a feral besides, sheep and hex.

ALOT

the amount of resources required to fake a moon landing would only be 25x the amount it required to actually land on the moon.

Posted Image

-Cova(z)

#190 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

if you're shifting to human form to get out of novas you're not doing it right, there is a powershifting macro that you need to look into.

I manually shift against rogues, warriors, mages, hell, about everything but ele shammys' grip totem. If they have a spammable slow (or something like frost armor), then delaying slightly the re-enter to form gives you two snare breaks for the price of one. It's exceptionally useful on frost mages if you know they're shatter barrier is about to proc right after they hit you with a regular nova and you know they're spamming DF.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#191 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

:rolleyes:

Manual shift break 2 slows profit

#192 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Why would you run around in humanoid form for that long in the first place when you can simply line up 5 combo point finisher for instant cc? It would balance things out if it wasn't for that instant cyclon (gl getting a cast in that split moment of time).

Global Cooldown, heard of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<