• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

New Rating Rules:
1) If a character’s personal rating is more than 150 points below the team rating, they will earn points based on their personal rating instead of the team rating. This means that a player cannot join a highly rated team and begin earning points based purely on the pre-established rating of the team before they joined it. They'll need to compete, improve, and gain a personal rating worthy of the points they would receive.

2) If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating. This means that players cannot join a highly rated team and immediately face highly rated opponents, easily and quickly bringing their personal rating up. Instead they'll need to again compete, improve, and earn their rating.

3) UPDATE: If a team does not enter an arena match that is starting they will lose points equal to the amount that would have been deducted if they had played and lost. This change makes it less viable to participate in illegitimate team match-ups by requiring every game be played; not just those that are against a team's desired opponent.

Season 4 Arena Gear:
Shoulders: 2200
Weapon: 2050
Head: 1700
Chest: 1600
Legs: 1550
Gloves: None
Offhand: None

Season 4 Honor Gear:
Boots: 1700
Ring: 1650
Bracers: 1575
Belt: None
Neck: None
Trinket: None

Old Season 3 Arena Gear:
Shoulders: 1950
Weapons: 1800

Reason for the Changes:
The changes to the rating requirements for these items reflect the nature of the items, their power, and the relative difficulty that should be had when attempting to obtain them. These items are comparable to those found in the newest 25 person raid zone, Sunwell Plateau, and should therefore also feel very challenging to obtain.

Source: http://forums.worldo...973993258&sid=1

#2 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Wow I never expected that at all. That's actually pretty brutal requirements.

#3 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

This is so GG

#4 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Alright, now waiting for the "This is what you do with your extra 20,000 arena points you will accumulate but have nothing to spend it on" announcement. Hopefully the rating requirement for honor gear means there will be some sort of conversion.

#5 Nikuna

Nikuna
  • Junkies

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Tyveris said:

2) If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating. This means that players cannot join a highly rated team and immediately face highly rated opponents, easily and quickly bringing their personal rating up. Instead they'll need to again compete, improve, and earn their rating. [B]

Is it just me or is this a really retarded change? As if people weren't whining enough about high rated people being at low rating, we will now be forced to be there if we wanna play in other teams?

#6 Optimuus

Optimuus
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

I kinda like them spacing it out.  Before it felt like Christmas when you would get all your gear on the day season 3 came out then get your weopon and shoulders 2-3 weeks later, then you have really no incentive other than pride to play until the last 3 weeks of the season.  In this way it will space out the items a little bit more, which is something I kind of liked in raiding.  When you got that 2nd piece of the day it made the first feel a little less special.  Overall the personal rating stuff hopefully doesn't screw over legitimate (non-team selling) teams.

#7 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

Nikuna said:

Is it just me or is this a really retarded change? As if people weren't whining enough about high rated people being at low rating, we will now be forced to be there if we wanna play in other teams?

that change is pretty gay, guess I just won't team hop ever that's all.

Picking up a player at a high rating is really going to hurt that team too, being forced to grind for 0-5 pts until you even get a chance to play equal ratings is retarded...

#8 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

I can't believe they put PR on honor items lollllllllll

#9 Jumpingjack

Jumpingjack
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

I guess, req for gladiator in season 4 will go up with these changes. Less people will care to play arena - because with their 1300 rating they cant get items anyway.

#10 Ascetic

Ascetic
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Nikuna said:

Yeah. Sucks for the people that are already 2k+ and team hop to help people or w/e and sucks for the people below 2k that will be forced to see high rated players.

And lol @ the PR requirements for honor gear. That just strikes me as hilarious. I figured it was only a matter of time before arena gear had PR requirements, but honor gear too? lol.

#11 Jullis

Jullis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

If your a team with little to no counters, wouldn't it be beneficial to play lower raited teams to get a higher overall team raiting?

#12 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

Every team has counters, and risking getting randomed for 30 isn't really fun.

I can see some people doing this to farm 2 pt teams all night I guess

#13 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

The queue and arena point gain system are terrible and completely kill any desire to play.

It's now impossible to leave a team because you won't get shit for points, and when you rejoin your old team you'll have to fight 0 point team wins until you get your pr up. It's pretty hilarious because as Nikuna pointed out, if somebody leaves a high rated team and rejoins, they get to play through the 1500 bracket again fully geared. They've also tripled the time these geared players stay in the bracket.

Looks like I have a new hobby. Leaving and rejoining high rated teams just to fight kids in the 1500s without having to pay a team fee. Thanks Blizz!

#14 somaface

somaface
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

Good change imo

#15 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

Magdain said:

The queue and arena point gain system are terrible and completely kill any desire to play.

It's now impossible to leave a team because you won't get shit for points, and when you rejoin your old team you'll have to fight 0 point team wins until you get your pr up. It's pretty hilarious because as Nikuna pointed out, if somebody leaves a high rated team and rejoins, they get to play through the 1500 bracket again fully geared. They've also tripled the time these geared players stay in the bracket.

Looks like I have a new hobby. Leaving and rejoining high rated teams just to fight kids in the 1500s without having to pay a team fee. Thanks Blizz!

Why the hell would you intentionally want to fight them? If you want to retard smash, join an av or something.

I personally hate leveling teams, killing idiots is extremely boring.

#16 dakrin

dakrin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

I'm glad that other people agree that these changes are retarded.

I love team-hopping. I have about 5 different people I regularly play 2v2 with every week. I really enjoy being able to arena with people anytime I login and not have to wait for someone logging in. Maybe i'm the minority in this respect, but I see these changes are being short-sighted and not very well thought out. I think it will hurt everyone but those who are hard-core and stay with the same team every week in the upper brackets.

#17 Ascetic

Ascetic
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

somaface said:

Good change imo

I'm not so sure the new rules will actually solve the inherent problem with point selling teams: lower rated players often faced 2k+ players leveling their point selling teams.

High rated players who leave their teams and rejoin will now be forced to que up against much lower rated teams.

#18 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

syztem said:

Why the hell would you intentionally want to fight them? If you want to retard smash, join an av or something.

I personally hate leveling teams, killing idiots is extremely boring.

Yep when my 5v5 team swapped around a few members I wanted to reroll so we could learn the new team setup. It was a good idea in the long run but it was hard to talk a couple people on my team into doing it because they hate playing horrible teams. You get nothing out of it until you start getting high again and I agree but yea 1 reroll in an entire season isn't a big deal.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#19 tristantio

tristantio
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

I enjoy selling points and team hopping but I think these are good changes.

Honestly you should have a team and be with it constantly, not have umpteen teams power leveled up to 2k just sitting there with some 1500 personal rating person holding it.

With these changes it will make the teams more meaningful, because you'll either stick to a team (therefore your PR will be the same as the team rating) or you will just form completely new teams if you want to start playing with a new friend.

#20 Ultimecia

Ultimecia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

Tyveris said:

Reason for the Changes:
The changes to the rating requirements for these items reflect the nature of the items, their power, and the relative difficulty that should be had when attempting to obtain them. These items are comparable to those found in the newest 25 person raid zone, Sunwell Plateau, and should therefore also feel very challenging to obtain.

Yet it's ok for PvE guilds to sell BT items to players who couldn't clear Kara? Where's the fairness there eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<