• Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 288

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

lold at that pic

#24 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Tremor fits the offensive playstyle of shamans very well. Don't see a problem with it, it's very exploitable.

i see a problem with a class that innately has an interuppt and offensive dispel and an automatic fear cleanse but as a healer also has a defensive dispel. i haven't played with a mage or lock on my team yet but i can forsee it be it very hard and almost impossible with all the tools a shaman has to land decent cc on any of his teammates as well as himself

#25 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 2/2/0/2/0/./.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

i see a problem with a class that innately has an interuppt and offensive dispel and an automatic fear cleanse but as a healer also has a defensive dispel. i haven't played with a mage or lock on my team yet but i can forsee it be it very hard and almost impossible with all the tools a shaman has to land decent cc on any of his teammates as well as himself

U would be surprised by how easy it is to CC a shaman :)
Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#26 pavaska

pavaska
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

tremor is good against shitters, not so good against good players
Posted Image

#27 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

Fel flame > tremor

/thread

#28 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

Petover attack macros/wand ain't hard, and if the shaman wants to stay un-fearable, he would have to spam tremor totem AKA getting behind on healing

#29 JaK91

JaK91
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

my only problem with tremor is playing against a melee cleave with a resto shaman healer. GL trying to get a fear on that shaman even once tremor is down. having to juke 3 interrupts to land my fear is pretty hard especially since by the time i juke the interrupts tremor will be down again.

#30 LLz

LLz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

By putting offensive pressure on the other team, the shaman is forced away from line of sight to actually heal his teammates and cast globals other than cleanse or tremor. I know this is a hard concept for some people to wait for the right time to fear, instead of being able to fear WHEN THEY WANT TO AT ALL TIMES, but it's a fairly easy concept to have your pet attack the tremor totem while the shamans healing, then cast a fear.

Also, you don't only have to fear the shaman to cc his team. I'm sure I'm not the only warlock on this forum that plays with a secondary CC. Gouge? Poly? Hex? Throwdown? Cyclone? Secondary cc the shaman, fear a dps. These are basic mechanics.

I'm sure this will be responded to with rage and illogical arguments, just remember that I'm playing the same class you are.

#31 Malvagita

Malvagita
  • Junkies

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Every class has it's counters. Shaman happen to do well against warlocks if they are competent. The Warlock has to micro to a "T" and even then if it's a good shaman you won't be CCing his teammates for too long. Fearing a shaman is brain dead easy, as most people have stated a million times it is fearing the teammates that is difficult. Unless they are very uncoordinated they won't be stacked up together for you to kill tremor and howl. Although many teams i've faced are found in that situation, top end players won't be. It is what it is, tremor won't be changed anytime soon. Just work around it.
:warrior: :warlock: :druid:

Posted Image

#32 Pahtak

Pahtak
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 958

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

but
it
has
hit

#33 Grilldarksorrow

Grilldarksorrow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:19 PM

make it 1

#34 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

tremor is fine

#35 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

I think having a dispel and a tremor is a bit much, but removing tremor is not the solution as it will hurt the other specs.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#36 Gox

Gox

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

It's pretty reasonable for locks such as yourself wanting a massive counter to your CC removed to make this game easier than it is (lol).

However to also make this game even easier for other classes, as removing tremor would do for yourselves, you should expect to see the removal of shadow word: death (for blinds / poly / etc), grounding totem for any CC, reflect for warriors, dispell, decurse, the list goes on.

If you want this game to get easier I suggest you quit and try runescape.
LF Mage for 5v5 hunny bunnayyyzzz

#37 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

The current state of shamans is just beyond broken but it too early in the season and so not enough people are aware, why shamans got a dispel that removes a curse and a magic effect AND heals them at the same time WHILE costing very little mana is beyond me.

Either increase the cost on cleanse or make tremor have a cool down, having two ways to bring your team of cc's is redundant and excessive, every other healer will go OOM spamming dispel save for shamans who seem to have an infinite amount of mana with a number of ways to stop any incoming drains.

I am just curious as to what goes through a shaman players mind when they see one of their team members feared, they must look at their tremor totem and their cleanse and go

"hmmmmmmmmm which one should I use today.......OOOOOH I LL USE THIS ONE"

This, been saying it for a while now. Shamans have so many tools its ridiculus. Another abitlity is there bauble heal lol. Don't confuse this with being easy to play.

Protect your fears with UA, NP tremor...its just outdated and needs to be removed.

#38 Gox

Gox

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

This, been saying it for a while now. Shamans have so many tools its ridiculus. Another abitlity is there bauble heal lol. Don't confuse this with being easy to play.

Protect your fears with UA, NP tremor...its just outdated and needs to be removed.

Please tell me you don't play holy, otherwise it's a bit over the top and hypocritical of you for calling shamans overpowered.

I'm not to familiar what bauble heal you're talking about but none of our instants heal for 14k~ unless it's NS combined with GHW.

This combined with the fact if you removed tremor you need to provide us with another tool to break CC after it as landed, AKA sac / swd as grounding totem is to broke at the moment for it to be a viable candidate for the role. I'd say shaman is ok as it is.
LF Mage for 5v5 hunny bunnayyyzzz

#39 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

Please tell me you don't play holy, otherwise it's a bit over the top and hypocritical of you for calling shamans overpowered.

I'm not to familiar what bauble heal you're talking about but none of our instants heal for 14k~ unless it's NS combined with GHW.

This combined with the fact if you removed tremor you need to provide us with another tool to break CC after it as landed, AKA sac / swd as grounding totem is to broke at the moment for it to be a viable candidate for the role. I'd say shaman is ok as it is.

I wasn't really calling shamans OP but rather that tremor is outdated esp. with the tools a shaman has.

I think the spell I was referring to was unleash elements? or weapon? I wasn't really commenting about the amount healed but rather the usable while silinced part.

I disagree with the last part, you have both grounding(not sure what's broken about it) and windshear. If tremor was removed no other tool would need to be provided to break CC as you already have two to prevent it.

#40 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

The current state of shamans is just beyond broken but it too early in the season and so not enough people are aware, why shamans got a dispel that removes a curse and a magic effect AND heals them at the same time WHILE costing very little mana is beyond me.

Either increase the cost on cleanse or make tremor have a cool down, having two ways to bring your team of cc's is redundant and excessive, every other healer will go OOM spamming dispel save for shamans who seem to have an infinite amount of mana with a number of ways to stop any incoming drains.

I am just curious as to what goes through a shaman players mind when they see one of their team members feared, they must look at their tremor totem and their cleanse and go

"hmmmmmmmmm which one should I use today.......OOOOOH I LL USE THIS ONE"

I agree here. My dispel absolutely destroys warlocks. I am all for nerfing dispels across the board.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<