#1 Lionoh

Lionoh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

I put this into the ask a gladiator portion but i believe there hasn't been a response since it's more paladin oriented instead of gladiator oriented.
I wanted to know what i should get on my paladin, if using 9 healing mp/5 gems for everything would be better or if I should get some 8 spell crit as well. My gear is pretty decent, just need the pvp ring, pvp neck, and i'm using the Xiri's gift trinket at the moment. Maybe I should get a passive healing one? As for my spec i'm built for 2v2 so I got imp hammer, 2 conc aura, and I sacrificed aura radius for the 5% to curse effect. The 10% reduction on cleanse took a point out of 2% crit on holy light but I could just as easily take a point out of the int transfer to spell damage to get that back up to 6%.

I'm curious on what gems i should use, what upgrades for my gear, and if I should change any of my enchants or spec. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Xios

Xios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2410

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

Gems: I really like the 9 healing/2mp5. None of our gear has mp5 and it is an extremely important supplement for 2v2 games. I would match the set bonuses the best you can and put 9 healing/2mp5 where this applies. I really like having around 60 mp5 unbuffed for arena...you can go more or less (50-70) but i would aim for something around that number.

Gear: Get the veterans neck or at least save for the s3 one. Personally i would replace your chest enchant with 6 mp5. Level up your enchanting to 370 for the ring enchants...you are almost there. If you have the money, i would work on getting exalted with the scryers as well.

Spec: Drop imp hammer and get stoicism and imp concentration aura. In the holy tree, pure of heart is no where near as good in comparison as aura mastery. The extra 10 yards on your auras allows you to range CC's and allow your partner to enjoy your aura's benefits. Also, the 10% mana on cleanse does not see worth it. You lose about 17 mana off each cleanse which is about 425 mana on every 25 cleanses...the equivalence of about 2 flash of lights. If you are really worried about mana conservation, you are going to get a better return on imp wisdom. I would put those points two points in holy power and blessed life.

#3 Lionoh

Lionoh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Well, my main issue is that i can't stop the heals when it's needed so thats why i got imp hammer. If I get the aura thing for 2's it doesn't help my warrior at all since i'm rocking concentration aura 24/7 unless it's a shadowpriest, but putting one point into it doesn't really seem worth it. If I grouped with a warlock that would work but i'm with an Axe spec warrior so...he doesn't get any benefit. Any idea where I could put that extra point? The rest seems like a good idea. I really just got the clenase mana one for the 20% crit on exorcism since we pull the felhunter pet around a corner, and I burst it with a hammer and an exorcism, thats about 2.7k damage there if both crit. Other then that, the cleanse mana thing was for exorcism, thats about it. Was trying out a new spec so, you think I should get stoicism back and drop the hammer? Even though it makes my hammers 35 seconds?

#4 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:05 AM

Not having your DS dispelled can be game breaking. Hammer can be as well, I personally prefer stoicism though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<