Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 15:21. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Sudden Death talent.. Has togo.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

fury warriors use colossus smash in their rotation.

but they don't have sudden death

#22 circaflex

circaflex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

op, you do know its the beginning of season 9 and were going to have a shit ton of resil
:warrior:

#23 Dril

Dril
  • Junkies

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

op, you do know its the beginning of season 9 and were going to have a shit ton of resil

the good old resilience will fix it :D :D heard that be4

#24 Launce

Launce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/0/1/.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Crybabies are all over the forums campaigning to get the class nerfed, its only a matter of time before something happens.

#25 Relmesh

Relmesh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

"Warriors won't get nerfed again, dmg is fine l2p" - Random Warrior named "Bluntslayer" in AV, 2010
Posted Image
http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=130749 -- DURRstruction, an epic chapter in the story of Destruction Warlocks. Prepare to lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/onionburst (For Cataclysm Beta footage, PvP, duels, mechanics, fun.)

#26 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

and moar damage. btw the problem is that 3 classes do way more damage than the rest and resi wont fix it, in best case it would make all other classes do weak dmg and those 3 good dmg.Noone knows if resi scales better than dmg or otherway round

#27 Bleikfeiten

Bleikfeiten
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

fury warriors use colossus smash in their rotation.

and that has smth todo with this thread whatsoever?

#28 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

and that has smth todo with this thread whatsoever?

guess i misread what you the guy you quoted wrote, no need to be so angry

the talent procs way too often, even at 1/2. I think if they wanted to nerf it, they would probably remove it procing on yellow attacks and the mastery attacks, leaving only white hits to proc it, which would be a good start. Even in my warrior's gear, I'm topping damage every bg and i'm not even full pvp gear yet.

There's no real middle ground with CS. It's all or none, and it's a good ability for fun, but when i'm able to take someone from 100-0 inside of a throwdown with just that up, something has to change

#29 circaflex

circaflex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

the good old resilience will fix it :D :D heard that be4

quiet mage, you have no room to talk in here with your 16k icelances
:warrior:

#30 Bleikfeiten

Bleikfeiten
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

I am using like 2.5k atm tho.

And as I stated earlier, my complaint isnt warrior damage, it's the RNG side of the talent that's more of the issue. (which makes warr damage way to high at certain points when you chain it with rng)

Problem is blizzard has calculated this talent for pve, where 6% is a average xx dps increase, without really thinking over the consequence for pvp.

#31 Negata

Negata
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

quiet mage, you have no room to talk in here with your 16k icelances

only 16k, was getting hit by 27k lances earlier in 3s
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

#32 ObliteratEr

ObliteratEr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

Retarded thread

3,5k resil inc

...oh wait

703.6 dps, 3.6 speed weapons inc
Posted Image
Spoiler

#33 scal1234

scal1234
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

only 16k, was getting hit by 27k lances earlier in 3s

okay I'm under geared as fuck and I'm not trying to defend mages in any way I just know a mage wasn't spamming 27k lances

#34 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

Colossus Smash-Smashes a target for 150% weapon damage plus 126 and weakens their defenses, allowing you to bypass 60% of the opponents armor for 6 seconds.

Sudden Death-Your Colossus Smash ignores an additional 10/20% of opponents armor.

booya

idk how this will affect pve though

#35 Terhix

Terhix
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

I am using like 2.5k atm tho.

And as I stated earlier, my complaint isnt warrior damage, it's the RNG side of the talent that's more of the issue. (which makes warr damage way to high at certain points when you chain it with rng)

Problem is blizzard has calculated this talent for pve, where 6% is a average xx dps increase, without really thinking over the consequence for pvp.

Your complains are simply invalid. The RNG factor has always been a part of doing damage, whether it comes in form of crits, random combo points, random procs and what not. The bad RNG that has been ruled out, and rightfully so, is the RNG crowd control, that tends to be much more of a problem than random damage. By comparison you can run away from a warrior that drops CS on you, weather you couldn't do shit against a warrior that mace stunned you to death.

Also, in a longer encounter, you will find yourself in a situation when the RNG damage part turns to your favor - using or not using that window of opportunity, but also reacting or not reacting to it, wins of loses games, welcome to World of Warcraft.

Note how I am not defending this kind of design, but it has been Blizzard's approach for years now when it comes to WoW and there are no signs what so ever that this is going to change. If you want a game where there is no RNG involved at all, try BLC.

#36 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

I don't think people have realized it yet - but this game has become an arcade game - everyone has procs galore.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

#37 Kitaen

Kitaen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • RBG: 2438

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

i don't see whats wrong with it, well wow, then u got it procced 2 times in a row, nice extra burst, thats it

prolly every class has this "good" rng proccs now
palas exorcism, mage has even 2 with fingers and brainfreeze, etc.

its not that uber considering you need to stick to a target for at least 12 seconds to make real use of it

moreover this is still pvp - ppl have to get used to it - when they realise warrior dps going nuts with that procc (pretty easy to see in the buff bar) it will make them use something to compensate
Posted Image

#38 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

I have been saying this for awhile now. Warriors without CS do very little damage, perhaps even lowest damage of all. that 6 second window is all we have for a real good burst on someone. Having 12 seconds of that window is simply to much.

I agree what the OP said about removing the chance for CS to proc from sudden death. I feel resil will not fix this talent later on, i know its early to tell but this ability is just way to good.

If they removed the 6% chance for this ability to proc from Sudden Death, it will fix the problem. If you don't play a warrior then you assume we do insane damage all the time, when infact its only when that ability procs which is honestly more then 50% of the time because its based on every attack we do.

TL;DR Remove the proc from sudden death and everything will be pretty solid with warriors imo.

#39 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

just take it off of the sudden death talent or nerf the arp to 50%

#40 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

Imo, do what I've always wanted and remove armor as a stat. Everyone takes the same damage. Easy to balance.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users