#1 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I decide to mess around in some BGs as fury today, I was told by a friend that it was pretty good in 4.0, and that was without Leap.

This is the spec I used, it was mostly for PvE but I skipped over RT because it's bugged so I could get HF/FA

http://www.wowhead.c...G0cbZhrbsszkRfd

However, I'd use this for PvP:

http://www.wowhead.c...dkofd:zkmfmwm0z

Biggest problems I found were sometimes being a bit rage starved at the beginning, I'd had to save battle shout and charge/go zerker and then BS. Losing throwdown sucked, but I used Intercept glyph which gave me pretty much the same amount of stuns.

Raging Blow does a huge amount of burst and Death Wish is affected by mastery now.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Charge now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.
Cleave damage has been reduced by 20%.
Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by 20%.

Talent Specializations
Arms
Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown on Charge, but instead increases the duration of the Charge stun by 2 seconds. In addition, Charge is usable in all stances, however, the talent now causes Charge and Intercept to share a cooldown.
Lambs to the Slaughter: Instead of granting 10/20/30% damage to the next Mortal Strike, Overpower, or Execute, it now grants a 10% buff to any Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, or Execute that stacks 1/2/3 times.
War Academy no longer buffs Heroic Strike or Cleave. It now buffs Mortal Strike, Raging Blow, Devastate, Victory Rush and Slam.

Fury
Unshackled Fury (Mastery) now grants 5.6% benefit per mastery point, up from 4.7%.

Glyphs
Glyph of Rapid Charge has been changed from a 7% reduction to Charge's cooldown, to 1 second off of the cooldown. This change is primarily to clarify the exact cooldown reduction this glyph provides.

So then, Fury the new arena spec? I don't see any advantages to Arms over fury now. Throwdown shares DR with the only gap closer, arms now relies on heroic leap to close gaps.

Fury gets 40 sec HL and a second gap closer with heroic fury+root break. Will also likely have higher burst now too. Holy shit its season 5 all over again?

#2 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1767
  • 3v3: 2098
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Not worth it, ill go arms all the way.
Posted Image

#3 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Raphner said:

Not worth it, ill go arms all the way.

Well the question is, will Fury be viable for Arena? I mean it's basically huge burst v's Throwdown. And fury arguably has better mobility considering you can break a root with HF, and you get 40 second leap.

#4 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

with the ms changes i think every spec/comp could be 'viable' it just weather your team makes the most out of what you got or not

#5 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Chapperz16 said:

with the ms changes i think every spec/comp could be 'viable' it just weather your team makes the most out of what you got or not

True, well it also depends on control/mobility and damage output.

Also I forgot to mention you get a Weapon enchant. Chant/Chain is great.

#6 Carboz

Carboz
  • Junkies

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

It's probably viable, but arms brings alot more to the table than fury does.

#7 liz

liz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

I'm a big fan of fury but I would also say that arms is stronger overall
Posted Image

#8 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

throwdown > everything
Spoiler

#9 Evergray

Evergray
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

arms has the best stunlock ingame with also much better survivability than fury

#10 Geebs

Geebs
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

Hrm, arguably better mobility indeed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for general damage purposes bladestorm is below its WotLK potential. I suspect it will largely be used as a root breaker and to avoid CC/simply to sit on the target. Take that into account and it's less obvious that fury has higher mobility.

#11 Rava

Rava
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

throwdown/deadly calm/sudden death are all way to valuable to drop

fury has rage problems in raids atm fully buffed so I imagine you'd have even more problems in a pvp setting

#12 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

each time i remember being fury in s5 i get nightmares

#13 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

ßlackjack said:

each time i remember being fury in s5 i get nightmares

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

#14 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

ugh, fury

never again
Posted Image

#15 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:47 AM

Rava said:

throwdown/deadly calm/sudden death are all way to valuable to drop

fury has rage problems in raids atm fully buffed so I imagine you'd have even more problems in a pvp setting

Well except they are replaced by Intercept/Death Wish....and you still get Colossal Smash. Death Wish/CS/Raging Blow/Bloodthirst is higher burst than arms can do during Deadly Calm, and DW/RB will only get higher with mastery.

I suspect in Warrior mirror's arms is going to come out ahead due to throwdown and sudden death(those are the two things I have missed the most). However if the team doesn't have a warrior I think fury could be better, especially against mage or druid teams.

#16 Rava

Rava
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

nothing replaces deadly calm

#17 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

Rava said:

nothing replaces deadly calm

So much this, when I want to burst I actually burst, and really hard.

#18 domdomdom

domdomdom
  • Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

Also the stance issues, take more dmg in zerker, it is only 5% but still, thats another 5% you would passively be mitigating in batte. As well as some people have pointed out, bladestorm is an AMAZING move in terms of mobility, even if it isnt up to WotLK standards.

also wielding a big ass 2Hdr and swinging it around is alot more epic than 2 or 2 1hdrs

#19 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

Zong said:

Well except they are replaced by Intercept/Death Wish....and you still get Colossal Smash. Death Wish/CS/Raging Blow/Bloodthirst is higher burst than arms can do during Deadly Calm, and DW/RB will only get higher with mastery.

I suspect in Warrior mirror's arms is going to come out ahead due to throwdown and sudden death(those are the two things I have missed the most). However if the team doesn't have a warrior I think fury could be better, especially against mage or druid teams.

disregarding abilities, fury still has lackluster rage gen in raids, and that will only get worse in pvp when you don't have the means to get hit rating like you would in pve gear

#20 Wield

Wield
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Destromath
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:17 AM

Sudden death all the way. Everytime in BG when I see the golden effekt ,I smile and there goes down another Plate-Class.
BAMMM BAMMM BAAAAMMMMMMMM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<