#81 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

anything that encourages mages to use other buttons than df/lance until opponent is dead is a good thing

#82 Gatesz

Gatesz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

wtb

anything that encourages dks to actually use cooldowns intelligently rather then spamming them all one after the other 10 seconds after entering combat is a good thing

30 seconds w/e it is now... used to be 24 sec with talents.

I don't think you're understanding what I said. Mages encourage stupid cooldown usage because that's the only way you can avoid getting caught in a deep freeze for as long as possible (82%+ of hp in video lol), otherwise once your frozen the only thing you have is trinket to save you. You literally cannot use your CDs intelligently since once you're frozen... you're frozen.

#83 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

I was hoping my new instant spell would be like ice lance :D

4k crits :(

#84 Jecks

Jecks
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

AMZ, IBF, escape artist, strangulate, gnaw, death grip, mind freeze, death pact, not being used. You might want to use your defensive cooldowns before you consider frapsing a match where you cry imba.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how terrible of a dk smir is

#85 berethorn

berethorn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

shit just got real

#86 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

why do people keep saying nerf ice lance and buff frostbolt due to ice lance being used so much?

look at the reasons why mages are able to ice lance so much without the use of frostbolt for FoF generation.

the answer is imp CoC and Improved freeze. those 2 things allow for more ice lances without the use of DF,a regular nova, or frostbolt. you also do more damage with frostbolt on shatters than ice lance would.

tbh TBC playstyle was more fun than WotLK. i don't know why people want to go back to frostbolt turreting. Cata mage playstyle would be fine if they nerfed some FoF generation/freezes.

#87 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

tbh TBC playstyle was more fun than WotLK. i don't know why people want to go back to frostbolt turreting. Cata mage playstyle would be fine if they nerfed some FoF generation/freezes.

except that with dispels being too strong and every melee class has 18 billion gap closers, the result of this would be that Mages get trained every game and have absolutely no recourse.

That's already true, even with the current FoF generation effects. When Warriors go from having one gap closer to three (four if they're a Goblin) and Ferals go from garbage to godmode, and everybody gets magical dispel, you can't just nerf Mage mobile damage back to TBC levels and say "there, I fixed it".

I'm not trying to sound negative towards you or your post - you're right, the ideal goal is to bring back traditional shatters and frostbolt casts. But the road to getting there is essentially to revert all of the changes in the game from the past 2 years. I'm not sure how reasonable that is. I think Mages are just a boring class now, and there's not much we can do about it unless they decide to forget about PvE frost and put Frostbolt back on FoF, then nerf ice lance a bit, and nerf dispels.

#88 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

i am a idealist irl =p

#89 thebeast2

thebeast2
  • Trigcoiled
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

i don't know how aj used to be in TBC but as soon as wotlk hit and i started seeing people with s5/s8 glads this forum has become awful.
[04/11/2010 13:53:23] Christopher:
"woke up n was like
i need to make some drones
k gna expand now
rofl"
- Nemanja Babic - Trig, 04 November 2010 13:44
[04/11/2010 13:53:24] Christopher: ROFl, SIG ON AJ. TY
Posted Image

#90 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, if you're just now trying to prevent these forums from going to shit it's about two years too late.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#91 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

i don't know how aj used to be in TBC but as soon as wotlk hit and i started seeing people with s6/s8 glads this forum has become awful.

yea i use to come to these forums for tips now i come for uptodate QQ its like the wow forums now

#92 Táng1296684187

Táng1296684187
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

over-exaggeration ^^^

#93 Synze

Synze
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

He's posting a poll from level 80, purposefully trying to suggest that it referred to 85. He's not just adding nothing to the conversation - he's actively reducing the level of logical discourse on this site.

Everything but the bold is appropriate. His post was retarded. But implying that there is any logical discourse left on this site since WotLK hit is misguided. There's a bit here and there (mostly from longtime posters like yourself, Pyrilus, Nadagast, etc.) but other than that, it doesn't exist.
Posted Image
NICE WEATHER FOR DUCKS quack

#94 thebeast2

thebeast2
  • Trigcoiled
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, if you're just now trying to prevent these forums from going to shit it's about two years too late.

Yeah that's why i meant, since s5.
[04/11/2010 13:53:23] Christopher:
"woke up n was like
i need to make some drones
k gna expand now
rofl"
- Nemanja Babic - Trig, 04 November 2010 13:44
[04/11/2010 13:53:24] Christopher: ROFl, SIG ON AJ. TY
Posted Image

#95 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

He doesn't even attempt to gnaw until he is at 10%(it was parked, not in a nova), he is sitting in unholy presence, he is saving his defensive cooldowns for a later time, but he dies with the majority of them unused.

Druid didn't have any HoTs on the DK until 3 seconds after he took 50% of his healthbar. I'm going to guess he went to go drink, but seriously, if he didn't prehot, and you didn't even try to play defensive, then those are 2 more mistakes.

However, judging by your positioning, I'm going to say that you just tunnel visioned the fuck out of a 100% mage, LoS'ed your druid, kept mashing scourge strike inside of a nova, but still had a GCD to react accordingly between nova+DF by popping IBF.

You can't expect to gain sympathy by blaming it on an overpowered class, when you make countless rookie mistakes.

even IF this is the case, it still doesn't justify the completely mad damage of a mage which is extremely imbalanced.

#96 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

couldn't warlocks do that in a stun 3 seconds shorter for like 3-4 seasons???

Why do people say retarded shit like this? Things being overpowered or underpowered in the past doesn't justify for whatever something's current state is.

#97 Bearz

Bearz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

cant wait to colossus smash the living shit out of mages

#98 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

WHY ISN'T SCOURGE STRIKE GOING OFF? SHIT, I JUST GOT NOVAED, LEMME TRY TO GET OUT OF IT BY POPPING SCOURGE STRIKE!!!!!!!!!

you're actually defending mage damage

troll or legitimate retard?
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#99 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:50 AM

get the fuck out of here with the qq already, blaming mages as if we asked to be this way.

#100 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

blah blah blah, I can't believe this thread is still alive.
GRANTED, even though the people in the video didnt play to perfection, the DK didn't do anything so wrong to get globaled in a DF.... BUT... this video is NOT accurate. I've played BETA, and NOTHING died like that in full pvp gear, in a DF. Either this was early in the start of BETA, or his gear was not as great as you claim it was.

but before all of you jump on me crying that he was geared and I'm wrong, blah blah.
REGARDLESS of what occured in BETA or this video, you will find out for yourselves how much "globaling" really goes on in a couple of weeks when the season starts and people are somwhat geared at 85.

But I can see how this makes all of you whining nerds feel good by having a thread to cry in with a bunch of mindless followers.
Characters: Rogue(Kayø) Mage(Kayo) Warrior(Yôdâ) Warlock(Fearlisk)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<