• Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

I heard the druid was imp CSd.

Regardless, if a druid doesn't get a dispel on a deep freeze, should his partner die inside of it from 90% to 0%? No.

ok ill bite .. what exactly is everyone aiming for?

i dont see imp cs on the druid - dont see any hots on the DK ..

bad play is bad - if someone is gonna play like that they deserve to be killed 90-0 .. they shouldnt have the chance to come back from that.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#62 Sharmz

Sharmz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:35 AM

so many terribads defending something broken as FUCK, its ok guys you will have your free ride 2 glad/r1s

#63 bluetorch

bluetorch
  • Premium Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

hasnt it been like this in start of every expansion?

Quite sure after some gear its going to work better, dont think people are running around in much resiliece at the moment.

I might be wrong!

Remember arcane mages? :)

New guide for new warlocks. Cataclysm Guide Throwdown contest 2nd place

Posted Image
HQ & JTV-Featured stream at: http://www.justin.tv/tgbluetorch

#64 Mogias

Mogias
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

That vid is BS and must be first patch of beta or something i had no were near those numbers on the beta. I mean not even close, is he playing another game or something?

Of course you shouldn't be able to kill something in a deep freeze, when i tried the beta that was not even close to the case.

Damage at 85 is not that high, i think you will be suprised.

#65 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

so many terribads defending something broken as FUCK, its ok guys you will have your free ride 2 glad/r1s

oh you .. :rolleyes:
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#66 Drinzy

Drinzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2285

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

too bad i cant find the video , a mage kill a dk with 2500 resil in a deep freeze.. =(

at least he casted

#67 Ragious

Ragious
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

I'm afraid to say something because I feel like I'm the only one who thinks a player dying that quickly is ridiculous even if him and his teammates were afk

So I won't comment

#68 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

I'm afraid to say something because I feel like I'm the only one who thinks a player dying that quickly is ridiculous even if him and his teammates were afk

So I won't comment

i don't think the dk or mage were in full pvp gear. that vid was when DF increased frostbolt damage and he didn't even die from ice lance(casted damage + FFB proc). the DK vid isn't exactly accurate.

#69 Klei

Klei
  • Junkies

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

Rofl mages are ridiculous right now, their instants hit as hard if not harder than frostbolt.
The people who think mages are fine are very biased and should really look again, saying mages are fine is completely stupid.

#70 Epothos

Epothos
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

The mage did 100k dmg in a deep freeze. It doesn't matter how well you play. it's not as hard as any of you make it seem to Silence/CC two players and rape someone in a Deep Freeze in 3v3. Btw, it's kinda hard to pop defensive cooldowns when your stunned or when Deep Freeze has a 24 second cooldown.

BTW ice lance does hit too hard. Some people have mentioned that the dmg of ice lance relative to health pools is equal to that as it was in BC. Well in BC, heals weren't so shitty, fingers of frost didn't exist, cone of cold didn't freeze your target, and the water elemental had a cooldown. Now just about every other spell a frost mage uses is "considered as a frozen target"

#71 Mogias

Mogias
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

I do hate the changes to mages but seriously wait until we get pvp gear and watch the damage.
It's not out of control, anyone that played the beta knows this.

They should nerf ice lance and buff fb though since spamming ice lance is just retarded.

#72 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

I do hate the changes to mages but seriously wait until we get pvp gear and watch the damage.
It's not out of control, anyone that played the beta knows this.

They should nerf ice lance and buff fb though since spamming ice lance is just retarded.

This. From watching beta arena videos though, I saw alot of casting, and alot of oom casters with very few people being absolutely wrecked by anything other than shadow+mage and warriors (warriors hit way too hard from the videos I've seen).

Wait and see how it feels in arenas/rated bgs. I'm looking forward to cata pvp :)

inb4 feral needs to be nerfed, yes, feral damage is too high, and silly stuff like our improved stealth needs to be leveled out.

#73 Ragious

Ragious
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

i don't think the dk or mage were in full pvp gear. that vid was when DF increased frostbolt damage and he didn't even die from ice lance(casted damage + FFB proc). the DK vid isn't exactly accurate.

I fucking hope not because it takes more time to kill an AFJ player in any Street Fighter game than in that video

Lest we forget this is an RPG, RPG's aren't usually like this as far as I can recall from FF series/Chrono/Secret of Mana/etc

#74 Eraser

Eraser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

At 80 in the full Savage set, geared appropriately (i.e. full crit because that's all we can really afford), your ice lances will do about 15k damage to a full savage opponent, also geared appropriately. They'll have about 115-120k health.

They fought back against stat inflation very aggressively, such that if you gear for, reforge for, and gem for full crit, you'll have roughly 22-24% crit in full Savage gear. That's still fairly low for Shatter, so that's really our only option. This means you'll have 3-5% haste, mostly from talents, and near-zero Mastery.

If you DF a target without IV or Time Warp up at 85, you'll have time to lance it 3 times for 45k damage, assuming they all crit. On average (meaning, factoring in your crit rate), they'll do about 38k damage.

If you pop IV or TW, you can get 4 lances in for a maximum of about 60k damage, averaging about 51k.

So no, you won't be killing people in a DF at 85, at most you'll do a little more than 1/3rd of their health without cooldowns popped, 2/5ths with cooldowns popped.

"you must spread out some more rep before +reppin affix again .."

not in any way defending mages strength, dont interpret it as that.

But I have to appreciate a well written / well thought out post in a thread full of such garbage
Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Anyone thinking it's fine to get 100-0'd in a deep freeze REGARDLESS OF YOUR PLAY is fucking stupid.

Ok so the DK is bad and didn't try to do anything, he shouldn't get punished to lose his entire fucking health bar.

#76 Sharor

Sharor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

It happened in wrath, why shouldn't that happen now?

Either way, seeing Affx defend the class is.. well. I agree we should wait and see how it plays out, but mages will be on the strong side either way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

- Einstein

#77 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

New hero class its balanced so stop whining

#78 berethorn

berethorn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

calm down lol, wait till people actually get some gear. Watch the damage, if too strong it will get nerfed.

There's no point whining about stuff being too strong at level 80-84, this shit happends every new expansion

#79 Gatesz

Gatesz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

He doesn't even attempt to gnaw until he is at 10%(it was parked, not in a nova), he is sitting in unholy presence, he is saving his defensive cooldowns for a later time, but he dies with the majority of them unused.

Druid didn't have any HoTs on the DK until 3 seconds after he took 50% of his healthbar. I'm going to guess he went to go drink, but seriously, if he didn't prehot, and you didn't even try to play defensive, then those are 2 more mistakes.

However, judging by your positioning, I'm going to say that you just tunnel visioned the fuck out of a 100% mage, LoS'ed your druid, kept mashing scourge strike inside of a nova, but still had a GCD to react accordingly between nova+DF by popping IBF.

You can't expect to gain sympathy by blaming it on an overpowered class, when you make countless rookie mistakes.

Goddamn Christmas came early. 82% in a DF (24 second cooldown) is fine, just a bad DK not using a defensive ability at 94k while he has control of his character. People should have to play like someone just popped heroism or bladestorm every 24 seconds, that's not imbalanced at all. It's not like deep freeze is instant cast as well, so you can totally plan ahead with an IBF/AMS/Strangulate or whatever.

#80 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

DF (24 second cooldown)

wtb

It's not like deep freeze is instant cast as well, so you can totally plan ahead with an IBF/AMS/Strangulate or whatever.

anything that encourages dks to actually use cooldowns intelligently rather then spamming them all one after the other 10 seconds after entering combat is a good thing

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<