#42 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

It's more a matter of every single thread devolving into people complaining about mages/ice lance and then Affx rides in and woefully understates reality in an attempt to defend the current state of mages -- when that happens there is just no way I'm NOT going to post.

I have no ingrained reason to hate mages; I have an 80 mage. But let's call a spade a spade. Ice lance is grotesquely overpowered at 85.

Actually there might be something to mages in general, only a few days ago I was flamed by mages in the mage forum for my opinion that Deep Freeze has a short cooldown. True story.

Even though I really don't want to begin another Icelance thread... but, I feel that the combination of all of the mobility melee classes have, and the longer drawn out fights have forced blizzard to buff instant/short casts in general for all casters.

It just so happens that mages have great burst damage because of ice lance being able to be spammed into a deep freeze repeatedly, BUT - sustained damage is nowhere near any DoT or melee class out there. (Also, I have never seen anyone in full pvp gear drop from even 70%-0 from a mage DF in BETA, so not entirely sure where you found that video)

And since everyone and their mother got globaled by a frostmage dueling outside of durotar, the QQ of mage burst has been off the charts REGARDLESS of the fact that none of you have had any experience in lvl 85 (fully geared) play.

So before making assumptions of how "insane mage damage" will be, just find out for yourselves in a week or two when the season begins.
Characters: Rogue(Kayø) Mage(Kayo) Warrior(Yôdâ) Warlock(Fearlisk)

#43 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

that video was full pvp gear at 85 on beta (~2500 resil)

#44 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

affix and affix jr in the same goddamn thread

like father like son

#45 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:09 AM

affix and affix jr in the same goddamn thread

like father like son

cool story bro, you may continue to shed your useless tears in this thread, while I go play cata and be "OP"
peace
Characters: Rogue(Kayø) Mage(Kayo) Warrior(Yôdâ) Warlock(Fearlisk)

#46 Itachii

Itachii
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

druid can has dispell for df?
Posted Image
Connoisseur of fine beverages and the accompaniemnt of females (after they are done in the kitchen of course.)

#47 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:25 AM

If mages are actually capable of 70-0'ing someone in a deep freeze (assuming equal gear) at level 85, then something needs to be changed. If they are not, as many of you are saying, then perhaps nothing needs to be changed. It is pointless to argue about it until we see what level 85 arena is actually like.

#48 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

If mages are actually capable of 70-0'ing someone in a deep freeze (assuming equal gear) at level 85, then something needs to be changed. If they are not, as many of you are saying, then perhaps nothing needs to be changed. It is pointless to argue about it until we see what level 85 arena is actually like.

couldn't warlocks do that in a stun 3 seconds shorter for like 3-4 seasons???
Posted Image

#49 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:06 AM

I'm not trying to defend frost, since arcane missiles and frostbolt nuke arcane have been my favorite specs. I'm just saying, it is extremely counter-productive when you upload a video of someone who has made a huge mistake. Even if the mage's damage was balanced in that scenario, the DK would have died 1 or 2 seconds later.

However, if the DK had been playing flawlessly, tried to capitalize on the mage's mistake, but got completely blown up in the process, then by all means mages are overpowered.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

ah ye this is DEFINATLY another s5 my class is fine repeat :pPPp

Gonna get our answers in a week or two anyway :)

#51 Lickadadunts

Lickadadunts
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

OP Mage is OP
- RShaman S7, Glad
- Hunter S7, Glad
- Warlock S8, Glad
- Holy Paladin FOREVER!

#52 Morgasaurus

Morgasaurus

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

Funny b/c i was thinking the exact opposite thing today; 1v1 sure were strong at every level atm, but going from 80 -> 81+ my main reaction was "wtf.. ability to fight 3-4v1 is gone."

Crit, haste & especially mastery deterioration is devastating; longer casts, which crit less, and even when they do crit.... do less damage. End effect is it taking about double the time to kill kids.... which is just more time that their buddies have to kill you.

Health gain from leveling is both not noticeable and hugely counteracted by resil depreciation as you level.

______

In before "lmao kid thinks mages should be able to beat multiple people; any 1 on 1 isn't good enough." I don't.... i just think that it was better when things were more balanced fights -- 1v1 had a chance at losing, 3 or 4v1 still had a chance at winning if they were scrubs.

#53 Valmior

Valmior
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

No mage thinks we're fine, but I love how all of you act like Affix is spewing out random shit and we're just following it. Of course he's a little biased, anyone is about their own class- but he's probably the most educated and well informed about the class as well. What he said in the first page of this thread is completely true- why are you saying that he understated it? Have all of you played beta? If you haven't you should probably shut the fuck up and wait and see for yourself at 85
:mage:

#54 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

AMZ, IBF, escape artist, strangulate, gnaw, death grip, mind freeze, death pact, not being used. You might want to use your defensive cooldowns before you consider frapsing a match where you cry imba.

yeah that dk was pretty fucking bad idk why he didnt mind freeze grip or strangulate that mage while he 100-0d in the deep freeze

what kind of shit player doesn't interrupt while they're deeped you are so right

#55 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:40 AM

yeah that dk was pretty fucking bad idk why he didnt mind freeze grip or strangulate that mage while he 100-0d in the deep freeze

what kind of shit player doesn't interrupt while they're deeped you are so right

i heard druids have magic dispel..

YO JUST ME THO JUST ME IDK IM OUT
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#56 Ensifer

Ensifer
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

this*

even if the dk was a baddy,i thought the point of cata was not to get globaled again? imagine that burst in a 3v3 situation while healer is CCed,, how long did you think that dk would have lasted? incoming anything wiht a mage cleave rofl:D

#57 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:14 AM

can't really nerf ice lance as far as pve is concerned.

what you can do is nerf mage FoF generation in pvp.

the things frost pvp and pve have in common are frostbolt and ice lancing from FoF procs on frostbolt. cant really nerf DF cooldown.

things you should look at to nerf frost pvp:

imp coc, improved freeze, taking ROF off of coldsnap. possibly FoF procs off of ice armor.

#58 Synze

Synze
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:18 AM

i heard druids have magic dispel..

YO JUST ME THO JUST ME IDK IM OUT

I heard the druid was imp CSd.

Regardless, if a druid doesn't get a dispel on a deep freeze, should his partner die inside of it from 90% to 0%? No.
Posted Image
NICE WEATHER FOR DUCKS quack

#59 Burkett

Burkett
  • Junkies

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:27 AM

Dying in seconds is obviously preventable most of the time if you have insane reaction and prediction skills, which is why even in wizard season 8, good players still managed to be at top. But I thought this was a playstyle that most of us detested, so I'm not sure why we're arguing how the DK could've played better when the burst seen in this video is still on a Wotlk level, the main problem.

#60 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

inb4 affix defending it by saying, "The druid was bad, he should've dispelled".

nothing should die to something (solo) that quickly.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<