#1 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

kill every geared player i've faced in a deep freeze, only 81 atm but will it really change at 85?? don't wanna get nerfed hard
Posted Image

#2 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

kill every geared player i've faced in a deep freeze, only 81 atm but will it really change at 85?? don't wanna get nerfed hard

At 80 in the full Savage set, geared appropriately (i.e. full crit because that's all we can really afford), your ice lances will do about 15k damage to a full savage opponent, also geared appropriately. They'll have about 115-120k health.

They fought back against stat inflation very aggressively, such that if you gear for, reforge for, and gem for full crit, you'll have roughly 22-24% crit in full Savage gear. That's still fairly low for Shatter, so that's really our only option. This means you'll have 3-5% haste, mostly from talents, and near-zero Mastery.

If you DF a target without IV or Time Warp up at 85, you'll have time to lance it 3 times for 45k damage, assuming they all crit. On average (meaning, factoring in your crit rate), they'll do about 38k damage.

If you pop IV or TW, you can get 4 lances in for a maximum of about 60k damage, averaging about 51k.

So no, you won't be killing people in a DF at 85, at most you'll do a little more than 1/3rd of their health without cooldowns popped, 2/5ths with cooldowns popped.

#3 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

its not fair

#4 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

At 80 in the full Savage set, geared appropriately (i.e. full crit because that's all we can really afford), your ice lances will do about 15k damage to a full savage opponent, also geared appropriately. They'll have about 115-120k health.

They fought back against stat inflation very aggressively, such that if you gear for, reforge for, and gem for full crit, you'll have roughly 22-24% crit in full Savage gear. That's still fairly low for Shatter, so that's really our only option. This means you'll have 3-5% haste, mostly from talents, and near-zero Mastery.

If you DF a target without IV or Time Warp up at 85, you'll have time to lance it 3 times for 45k damage, assuming they all crit. On average (meaning, factoring in your crit rate), they'll do about 38k damage.

If you pop IV or TW, you can get 4 lances in for a maximum of about 60k damage, averaging about 51k.

So no, you won't be killing people in a DF at 85, at most you'll do a little more than 1/3rd of their health without cooldowns popped, 2/5ths with cooldowns popped.

thanks thats good i was fearing a nerf, ill enjoy ganking the lowlevels while i can then
Posted Image

#5 Paixao

Paixao
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

thanks thats good i was fearing a nerf, ill enjoy ganking the lowlevels while i can then

too bad i cant find the video , a mage kill a dk with 2500 resil in a deep freeze.. =(

#6 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:47 AM

too bad i cant find the video , a mage kill a dk with 2500 resil in a deep freeze.. =(

#7 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:59 AM

wow..... nerf inc haha hopefully not till the end of the season like dks in s5 though :)
Posted Image

#8 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:01 AM

again, this type of thread was posted 1000 times

Damage wont change that drastically from 80-85...but healthpools will

Yes frost burst is still great, but overall/sustaind damage will be just fine (when compared to every other damage class)
Characters: Rogue(Kayø) Mage(Kayo) Warrior(Yôdâ) Warlock(Fearlisk)

#9 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

AMZ, IBF, escape artist, strangulate, gnaw, death grip, mind freeze, death pact, not being used. You might want to use your defensive cooldowns before you consider frapsing a match where you cry imba.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Paixao

Paixao
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

AMZ, IBF, escape artist, strangulate, gnaw, death grip, mind freeze, death pact, not being used. You might want to use your defensive cooldowns before you consider frapsing a match where you cry imba.

no trinket , and he was stuned? lol.

#11 Dracula

Dracula
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

Yeah I use those all the time during a stun, and DF isn't 30 seconds and trinket 2 minutes, or anything

#12 insanity123

insanity123
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

biased affix on the case

#13 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

:rolleyes:

#14 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

He doesn't even attempt to gnaw until he is at 10%(it was parked, not in a nova), he is sitting in unholy presence, he is saving his defensive cooldowns for a later time, but he dies with the majority of them unused.

Druid didn't have any HoTs on the DK until 3 seconds after he took 50% of his healthbar. I'm going to guess he went to go drink, but seriously, if he didn't prehot, and you didn't even try to play defensive, then those are 2 more mistakes.

However, judging by your positioning, I'm going to say that you just tunnel visioned the fuck out of a 100% mage, LoS'ed your druid, kept mashing scourge strike inside of a nova, but still had a GCD to react accordingly between nova+DF by popping IBF.

You can't expect to gain sympathy by blaming it on an overpowered class, when you make countless rookie mistakes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:12 AM

^

#16 Valmior

Valmior
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:13 AM

99% positive this guy was lying, can't get those numbers with that kind of resil
:mage:

#17 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

He doesn't even attempt to gnaw until he is at 10%(it was parked, not in a nova), he is sitting in unholy presence, he is saving his defensive cooldowns for a later time, but he dies with the majority of them unused.

Druid didn't have any HoTs on the DK until 3 seconds after he took 50% of his healthbar. I'm going to guess he went to go drink, but seriously, if he didn't prehot, and you didn't even try to play defensive, then those are 2 more mistakes.

However, judging by your positioning, I'm going to say that you just tunnel visioned the fuck out of a 100% mage, LoS'ed your druid, kept mashing scourge strike inside of a nova, but still had a GCD to react accordingly between nova+DF by popping IBF.

You can't expect to gain sympathy by blaming it on an overpowered class, when you make countless rookie mistakes.

Druid was blanket CS and the pet WAS nova'd by the ledge (you can see Pet Attack is light up). Pause at :14 seconds and you can see Strangulate being lit up, but was too late.

Anything else? :mage::mage::mage:

#18 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

WHY ISN'T SCOURGE STRIKE GOING OFF? SHIT, I JUST GOT NOVAED, LEMME TRY TO GET OUT OF IT BY POPPING SCOURGE STRIKE!!!!!!!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

99% positive this guy was lying, can't get those numbers with that kind of resil

watch the video i linked lol

#20 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:20 AM

Druid was blanket CS and the pet WAS nova'd by the ledge (you can see Pet Attack is light up). Pause at :14 seconds and you can see Strangulate being lit up, but was too late.

Anything else? :mage::mage::mage:

That's why I'm staring at your fucking pet bar and all it has is splash frostbolt, you didn't send it into attack until 2 seconds into DF, and even then you didn't pop leap.

You were LoS of your druid, you can't try to cover that up, you have a debuff frame right next to your health bar. By some miracle of god, he was in fact imp cs'ed, he didn't put up a hot for 6 seconds, which the reason is blatantly obvious.

The mage went nova->DF, guess what your action bar was showing? Scourge Strike
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<