#1 Shirva_mk

Shirva_mk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:06 AM

I believe i've honed my skills enough as a Death Knight to be able to advance to higher levels of arena.

However I always feel like certain people hold me back, whether it be there unwillingness to improve or maybe even down to group bonding.

I've played up to 2210 in 2v2 bracket and 2092 in 3v3. I played at an MMR of 2300+ in both brackets and had a very high win vs loss ratio.

Definately not the best ratings as I'd quit before or stop playing before going any furhter, but I'm very confident in my abilities to advance ahead.

So, my question is - how do you find serious like-minded players who are meticulous in there ability to learn and practice and probably are as skeptical as my self in other peoples abilities to play with?
" Allience dont afraid of using gems, that's why they win " - Random Horde Noob in AV.

#2 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

Things needed in arena:

-Communication (calling out CC's, positions, CDs, switches, etc).
-Analyzation skills (being able to figure out what went wrong, what could be improved, etc).
-Knowledge about the game.
-Able to play equally well under pressure (doing lots of mistakes when focused is a very bad thing and needs to be adressed ASAP!).

Play with different people and figure out how good they are at those points.

If you feel they match your level in that, play with them, challenge each other and get better together.

If the other guy doesn't improve as fast as you do, well, maybe find another partner.
Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

*The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

#3 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:50 AM

find someone on your level, if you're a challenger try find another challenger/rival, if you're a rival team up with a challenger, rival or duelist, if you're a duelist team up with a rival, duelist or gladiator(if you're lucky)

#4 Intact

Intact
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

duels are a nice way to find suitable partners.

#5 CrimsonGX

CrimsonGX
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

If you're playing with someone who continues making the same mistake even after it has been pointed out and a solution has been worked out, there's not much you can do besides play with someone else.

I started doing 3s in S8 because I wanted the T2 weapon, after a while the paladin I was playing with at the time wanted to switch comps, so we picked up someone new and played together for a month or so. We all wanted to finish the season with gladiator, but after a month or so of playing it really only stuck with me. I went through something crazy like 3 paladins and 2 priests before I picked up the two people I played with to 2700 2 weeks before the season ended.

The AJ recruit tool is a great way to find potential partners if used correctly. Playing 2s with people who are around your skill level, or even better than you is a good way to both improve and see how good their communication and awareness is.

#6 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

CrimsonGX said:

If you're playing with someone who continues making the same mistake even after it has been pointed out and a solution has been worked out, there's not much you can do besides play with someone else.

I started doing 3s in S8 because I wanted the T2 weapon, after a while the paladin I was playing with at the time wanted to switch comps, so we picked up someone new and played together for a month or so. We all wanted to finish the season with gladiator, but after a month or so of playing it really only stuck with me. I went through something crazy like 3 paladins and 2 priests before I picked up the two people I played with to 2700 2 weeks before the season ended.

The AJ recruit tool is a great way to find potential partners if used correctly. Playing 2s with people who are around your skill level, or even better than you is a good way to both improve and see how good their communication and awareness is.

You didnt get glas as dispell cleave with dbw and shadowmourne?

o_O

#7 Grumsch

Grumsch
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

Shirva_mk said:

So, my question is - how do you find serious like-minded players who are meticulous in there ability to learn and practice and probably are as skeptical as my self in other peoples abilities to play with?

First you should make up your mind which breaket and which combo you gonna play. If you wanna have a easyer path to success, use a combo that proffed succesfull. After you know which combo you gonna play, you need to find the players.

I usally check sk 100 for that matter @ sk-gaming.com/arena/player, i filter there after player>faction>my realm, and filter out which are the top players, and which of them are currently available. You can also use the aj rankings @ arenajunkies.com/rankings/ and do the same there.

After i have added around 5-10 of the players that i think could fit to my friends list, i wisper or write them in game. I also ask friends if they know any good players. I check there armory under "Achievements > feats of strength" for former gladiator titels, and "Statistics > Player vs Player > rated arena" for the maxed acived rating in different brackets.

I also tend to check there former teams under sk 100, if you inspect a player there you got a "Show team history" button/link there. This usally lets me know if this are players that change there teams every second day, or stick to there team through difficulitys. If they only had one team in 2v2 at 2650 rating, with 500-400 win/loses, then they are most likely the once that want give easily up.

A few other tips:

-Trial players, tell them clear up front that you trial them (you often can already tell after the first 1-2 hrs of playing with them if they fit or not)
-Titels mean nothing (if they got a glad titel, but dont perform as well as a 2200 player, take the 2200 player)
-Dedicate at least one bracket to a friends free zone, and make the step to play with new talented players
-When you finaly got a very good team, start working on your teams efficency from the very start, or it bites you in the ass later.
-Never change a winning team
-Dont disband when your team reached 2600+ and suddenly droped in one bad night by 100+ points.

Hoped that was at least a bit informative :D
You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.

Miyamoto Musashi

#8 thepakt

thepakt
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Deathwing
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

pure luck, good players dont always have teams. And i just happened to be running around bored looking for people to runa  stupid combo
Sigmapakt: moved to blc
Healingproof: moved to SC2
Arcy: moved to sc2 and erm??? dunno

#9 Lozeh

Lozeh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Keep on swapping partners till you find someone who you want to play with.
Challenger Lozeh 4 ever :|

Life sucks and then you die.

#10 CrimsonGX

CrimsonGX
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

Nostalgic said:

You didnt get glas as dispell cleave with dbw and shadowmourne?

o_O
Yeah, I just thought it'd be funny to write a long post pretending I didn't just turn in my pveherodispelcleave ticket for a title.

#11 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

You just get lucky really...  there is no sure fire way to find great partners.  Use aj recruit, find people on your server etc
"\_( シ)_/"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<