#61 zanyu

zanyu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

No.It only works like that in a 1vX , if you have any friendly target in combat as well it doesnt so shit exept dropping target.

I was talking more of the vanishing the death coil aspect, not completely dropping combat.

#62 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

No.

It only works like that in a 1vX , if you have any friendly target in combat as well it doesnt so shit exept dropping target.

what does this mean? it only works in a 1vX?

#63 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

what does this mean? it only works in a 1vX?

If you have a healer healing you, or another friend engaged in combat with the same enemies as you, all shadowmeld will do is drop threat, and target (threat gets restored when you get out in PvE)

This also means that spell in the air, or even spells that are mid cast will land on you. The only thing shadowmeld does in arena because of this, is drop target. You can NOT immune spells with this, unles you're the only person in combat with the enemies, in wich case it does indeed behave like vanish.

#64 Qlimaxx

Qlimaxx
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Would like some advice on cooldown usage against different classes, since I'm kinda new to warrior.

For example on my warlock I know that I have to save Death Coil for CC'ing warrior during his Deadly Calm/Trinket, otherwise he'll rape pretty hard. And I also know there's no point in using Demonic Teleport if the enemy has a gapcloser cd to get on me again instantly.

Another example might be: saving Throwdown for Inner Focus heals when playing against a priest healer.

If I had some more knowledge about when to pop Recklessness, Retaliation, Shield Wall or Enraged Regen for example, I'm sure I would play alot better when I go defensive.

And that would be nice to find in a FAQ.

#65 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Would like some advice on cooldown usage against different classes, since I'm kinda new to warrior.

For example on my warlock I know that I have to save Death Coil for CC'ing warrior during his Deadly Calm/Trinket, otherwise he'll rape pretty hard. And I also know there's no point in using Demonic Teleport if the enemy has a gapcloser cd to get on me again instantly.

Another example might be: saving Throwdown for Inner Focus heals when playing against a priest healer.

If I had some more knowledge about when to pop Recklessness, Retaliation, Shield Wall or Enraged Regen for example, I'm sure I would play alot better when I go defensive.

And that would be nice to find in a FAQ.

thanks for the input, a problem i'm facing is that the class and how you play it changes completely over time due to patches and hotfixes all the time

it's really difficult to write a guide when it's being made invalid every now and then

cataclysm is out for 5 months and the prime pvp spec has shifted as follows; arms heroic strike, fury tg, arms without heroic strike (and then changed again after damage buffs) and now we're gonna have 4.2 arms.That's 4 different guides in 5 months.

To answer your questions, the use of throwdown depends on how you DR people with charge, depending if you're speced into blitz or not and if you have another stunner in the team. Ideally you'd want to use it on a target who can't get out, has no defensive cooldowns up and you have your procs, but generally it's personal judgement from there on.

Concerning the other cooldowns

Recklessness; When you're going heavy and won't get peeled or killed

Shield wall; when your healer is sitting on cc/oom and drinking and you're otherwise gonna die.

Regen : depending on the enemy team, if it's not a team that can kill you you can use it on soft pressure scenarios

Retaliation : when you're high health and think you might get swapped to (and aren't gonna get stunner) ie you're full hp and your healer is going to try and drink
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<