• Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1456
  • 3v3: 2092
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think no amount of resi will save you from good switches or just the ability to rotate an endless amount of stuns / interupts.

i'm currently just over 3500 (used to run with 3800) and i cant say i feel the diffrence when it comes to surviving, but having a descent pve trinket helps quite allot on the mana front. (am i the only one here with serious mana issues as Rsham ? *sadface*)

and considering the nature of our 3s setup i was thinking of dropping the 300resi trinket for a 300 spirit one. any thoughts on this ? 4k isnt needed but perhaps 3200-3250 is cutting it a little short ?

Consider picking up the Tsunami Card, it gives 400 spirit when fully stacked - the Cataclysm version of solace.
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#62 balthard

balthard
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

Consider picking up the Tsunami Card, it gives 400 spirit when fully stacked - the Cataclysm version of solace.

whats the hidden CD on the trinket or how does it work ?
does it proc -> stack 5 times -> go away -> hidden CD (whats the hidden CD in that case ?)
or , a chance to proc without any hidden CD ?

#63 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

whats the hidden CD on the trinket or how does it work ?
does it proc -> stack 5 times -> go away -> hidden CD (whats the hidden CD in that case ?)
or , a chance to proc without any hidden CD ?

It works just like solace, with no hidden cooldown. This means that the trinket will have an uptime of ~100%, as the duration is 20 seconds, and is reapplied every healing cast.
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#64 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

is everyone running with regen trinkets?

I'm playing with no totemic focus and 300 resil battlemasters (almost 4200 resil) and I still don't find it hard to manage my mana vs anything but heavy melee cleaves.

It's quite noticeable when getting trained tbh.

#65 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

is everyone running with regen trinkets?

I'm playing with no totemic focus and 300 resil battlemasters (almost 4200 resil) and I still don't find it hard to manage my mana vs anything but heavy melee cleaves.

It's quite noticeable when getting trained tbh.

I used to run with the same gear setup, but vs. certain teams (:deathknight:) I would go oom rather quickly.

Edited by Èowynn1296678944, 07 February 2011 - 07:27 AM.

twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#66 balthard

balthard
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

the trinket is indeed awsome, however so is it's pricetag. sadly had to pass on it :P

@Tstette:
noticed you run RLS in 3s so i'm guessing you have allot of moments to drink n catch up your mana seing rogue/afflilock can perfeclty take care of themselfs for a while.

I suffer from a condition thats called "Shadowpriestivitis" wich basicly means that every 3s game i play i'm forced to babysit a shadowpriest rending me rather unable to drink allot :(

#67 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

the trinket is indeed awsome, however so is it's pricetag. sadly had to pass on it :P

@Tstette:
noticed you run RLS in 3s so i'm guessing you have allot of moments to drink n catch up your mana seing rogue/afflilock can perfeclty take care of themselfs for a while.

I suffer from a condition thats called "Shadowpriestivitis" wich basicly means that every 3s game i play i'm forced to babysit a shadowpriest rending me rather unable to drink allot :(

I actully think SPriests aren't THAT bad. Your spriest just needs to pop dispersion if you want to drink (though you'll be sscrewed if they catch you). Outside of that, ye though luck :<
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#68 balthard

balthard
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

i've been tempted to simply use the 300spirit pvp trinket , drop myself down to 3320-3350 resi because unless i team up with lock / X (aka a setup that provides allot of selfhealing)it just feels like i dont have the ability to drink that much at all.

drinking while disperse is incredibly risky yes , and 99.9% of the time we blow it as a defensive CD rather then a means of me drinking up. i hurd cleave duz dmgz ?

fyi i play DK/SP/Rsham (the retarted cousin of shadowcleave) where it seems i am never the target...locking down SP+dispelling w/e he puts up (fuck yea for VT dispelling sharing DR with itself) feels like a failproof tactic.

#69 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

i've been tempted to simply use the 300spirit pvp trinket , drop myself down to 3320-3350 resi because unless i team up with lock / X (aka a setup that provides allot of selfhealing)it just feels like i dont have the ability to drink that much at all.

drinking while disperse is incredibly risky yes , and 99.9% of the time we blow it as a defensive CD rather then a means of me drinking up. i hurd cleave duz dmgz ?

fyi i play DK/SP/Rsham (the retarted cousin of shadowcleave) where it seems i am never the target...locking down SP+dispelling w/e he puts up (fuck yea for VT dispelling sharing DR with itself) feels like a failproof tactic.

i bought the spirit bm trinket and returned it, the mp5 to me didnt seem worth it losing the resil - and i play with ~4100 normally so i'd only drop to 3800ish

even playing with spriest i feel like 3300 resil would be ridiculously low - i know my lock/rogue would be salivating over a shaman that squishy to swap to

#70 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

I havent done mutch pvp lately due to irl stuff, any feedback from the PTR or now on live how those new changes is? give me some negative and positive feedback! - Cheers
Posted Image

#71 balthard

balthard
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

i bought the spirit bm trinket and returned it, the mp5 to me didnt seem worth it losing the resil - and i play with ~4100 normally so i'd only drop to 3800ish

even playing with spriest i feel like 3300 resil would be ridiculously low - i know my lock/rogue would be salivating over a shaman that squishy to swap to

i've been running 3500 resi with my current comp and given that the vast majority of the games that we lose is not due to me dropping in a stun but rather the fact that i run oom pretty fast with my SP getting tunneled and not being allowed to drink because of the same reason.

i can see a shaman in RLS being the target much more frequently then myself in my comp thus running 3800 resi sounds pretty needed. because when you arent focused you can pretty much drink up and rely on your teammates to keep themselfs alive for longer then 15seconds.

kinda feels like teaming up with an affliction warlock is a necessity for restoshams atm because of the resi requirment to survive + shitty mana against cleave-like teams.

#72 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

I pref playing comps that have DPS wich dont get mana issues one is RLS with energy and warlock with lifetap another is DK and Warlock again. I did try some with priest and other classes but i litterly hate keep people in cloth alive with 0 mana because they cant drink :x so they have to run around waiting for dispersion or evocation.

Edited by Claynz, 12 February 2011 - 05:00 PM.

Posted Image

#73 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

What is the current value of stats? Is haste still better than mastery? And is mastery getting a buff in 4.1?
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<