Shaman News & Discussion
Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:33 PM
SHAMAN GUIDE NOT UP TO DATE: Lot changed since the beta that most of it needs to be changed/re written etc etc currenly playing alot shaman to figure out new stuff and some theory crafting.
This thread is about sharing opinions we locked the How to shaman to keep it clean and if you got questions shout it out here and we will try to answer most questions and share opinions!
Some facts about the How to Shaman:
- Most of this information and testing is from the Beta some of it will be edited when cataclysm comes live.
- There will be more theorycrafting and math specifics later on and more content will be added if you got suggestions or experience or would like to add some you can PM it to Blowi or Totemtoe
But for questions & general discussion ask them here so we dont get same question over and over
Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:23 AM
Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:39 AM
Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:36 PM
Although there isn't a set so called 'healing rotation' maybe you can point out some of the new heals Shaman have gained. I know at the moment on live at level 80 a lot of Shaman have dropped Healing Wave for GHW but don't realise that at 85 HW is what you spam for heals insted of GHW or LHW aka Healing Surge. I remember reading it all in one of your posts Totem, can't find it now though. Although I am at work and just skimming through this quickley hehe
yeh got alot of stuff i need to add and change at restoration but cant edit atm
Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:21 AM
Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:04 PM
Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:09 PM
Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:23 PM
Well, if you're fighting a class which punishes you for removing one of their debuffs (Unstable Affliction) and you really need to cleanse someone, I suggest to put down grounding, away from your teammates so it's not being absorbed by them and you can freely cleanse as the totem will absorb the punishment (for instance; silence from UA)
Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:31 PM
85 yet? :x
84, I was gone all day & today it's writing assignment
When I finally could level some last night, joke servers went down..
Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:34 PM
Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:55 AM
Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:08 AM
Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:31 PM
Hello I am 85 and healing surge sucks balls.
its harder wich is good!
Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:19 PM
i currently completed olmost all hc's exept a few and this is what i think about the current state:
1. i never use surge, unless tank is going to low and even GHW ain't helping
2. ligntingboltspams during a few free globals obtained by using GHW is actualy olmost better then spaming shitty HW and not dmg'ing
i think if some1 could come up with some numbers how effective the 2 are it would be a realy great thing to this tread or your ''how to shaman'' but the ligntingbolt talent is realy needed...
3. i think healing atm is realy realy good for shamans we have a spell for evry situation and i like it alot personaly..
4. i think more people should realise that riptide + wep proc is an awsome hot and heals for around 35K+ hp over the time. i think lots of shamans are not using this as effective
5. i want to share my hps i pull off, i do 9.5k hps on most bossfights, and i wanne know whats your hps? this is also going oom very steady and not in 1 minute, i last prity long bcause i'm using ligntingbolts aswell..
anyways aswome thread this was shurely missing on the forums atm.. +rep
Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:10 PM
its harder wich is good!
That's from ele POV anyway. Restoration is so OP, spam cleanse and shocks = gg.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users