Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 00:05. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

New Light of Dawn !

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

cos you're so often beside your teammates as holy paladin, yeah

It's a 30 yard range, and this thread was about the ability's change, not whether the ability is the best thing to ever happen to us or if we'll use it every 3 HP without fail.

You remember the part where I specify that it's only better than WoG conditionally? That means that I not only am aware of that limitation, but also the implications of the limitation, and that it does not apply universally. You do not need to then inform me that you are not perpetually in that situation, as if I was unaware or did not already address it.

In short, the next time you post, try to make sure there's a reason to.

In shorter, fuck off.

#42 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:05 AM

It's a 30 yard range, and this thread was about the ability's change, not whether the ability is the best thing to ever happen to us or if we'll use it every 3 HP without fail.

You remember the part where I specify that it's only better than WoG conditionally? That means that I not only am aware of that limitation, but also the implications of the limitation, and that it does not apply universally. You do not need to then inform me that you are not perpetually in that situation, as if I was unaware or did not already address it.

In shorter, fuck off.

hahahahaha rofl.

#43 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • LocationYour house

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:41 AM

In shorter, fuck off.

TL&DR
Posted Image

#44 xohy

xohy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

I am getting it because of a couple reasons...since they "fixed" it.

#1 it actually heals you now AND you get PotI every person it heals which all of that (including all PotI heals transfer to the beacon target) is a pretty significant heal.

#2 usable while silenced, cant beat that (like bauble)

There are even more lock outs in the game than ever before, this ability WILL save someone.

#45 daveyoyo

daveyoyo
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

Light of dawn sucks dick you cant use it while silenced anymore so no one will be getting it for arena

nice sig bro

Posted Image

aka Daveyoyo :o

#46 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

In shorter, fuck off.

u probably didn't play beta then

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#47 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

u probably didn't play beta then

Only if you count the period between getting my F&F alpha invite on May 7 to running heroics on Nov 21.

#48 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

??

what i mean is i've done at least 400 games on beta and i've seen a pally usin LoD maybe once.. but yeah I MIGHT BE WRONG, if it is so, i'll take LoD, but actually i'm clearly planning to play without that talent.

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#49 Palatinus

Palatinus
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

#2 usable while silenced, cant beat that (like bauble)

Not anymore :(. Might still work on school lock though.

I think its a bit pointless in 2s, situational in 3s, probably quite useful in 5s and will most likly be good in bgs depending on the 'group' setups (within the raids).

#50 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Light of Dawn healing Beacon of Light will be amazing for battlegrounds and situationally better in 3V3, especially if the Paladin is playing with pet classes.

#51 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

??

what i mean is i've done at least 400 games on beta and i've seen a pally usin LoD maybe once.. but yeah I MIGHT BE WRONG, if it is so, i'll take LoD, but actually i'm clearly planning to play without that talent.

What i don't understand is why not take it? The other options are not all that great. So why not take a talent that may, at some point, be game breaking

If you want to post your beta build so I can get a better idea of what your running that would be cool. As of right now I'm speaking only out of a hunch.
"\_( シ)_/"

#52 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

If there are three or more targets — including pets — in range and you have Beacon of Light on the target you want to heal, it's always better to Light of Dawn.

Not taking Light of Dawn would be pretty bad.

#53 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

It's 30 yard range.
It triggers PotL on everything it touches.
It is usable while schooled.
Every heal goes to the Beacon.
It's one talent point.
This looks like a haiku but isn't.

#54 Apophiz

Apophiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2314

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

the point why im taking it is because its usable whiled full countered.. could be pretty huge if you save 3hp before casting some heals when counteres arent used. since we dont have our -30% silenceduration aura any more

#55 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

What i don't understand is why not take it? The other options are not all that great. So why not take a talent that may, at some point, be game breaking

If you want to post your beta build so I can get a better idea of what your running that would be cool. As of right now I'm speaking only out of a hunch.

I didnt know it had such a long range though, i'll be considering takin it

i thought of something like that : http://www.wowhead.c...MIbzrduufZhbZcb

will probably go with http://www.wowhead.c...MIbzrkuufzhbZcb though

#56 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

I didnt know it had such a long range though, i'll be considering takin it

i thought of something like that : http://www.wowhead.c...MIbzrduufZhbZcb

will probably go with http://www.wowhead.c...MIbzrkuufzhbZcb though

Yeah I mean, if i'm not retarded, all your gaining from not taking LoD is 5 yds on judgement and a small self heal + some hit i guess. From my perspective, i'd rather have a spell I can that may in 300 games win 1.
"\_( シ)_/"

#57 vlada

vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1343

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

critical on WoG might win me more :(

could take out of 2% more healing tho

#58 Lumilol

Lumilol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

LoD is definately better choise then the alternatives for it tbh.

#59 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Yeah I mean, if i'm not retarded, all your gaining from not taking LoD is 5 yds on judgement and a small self heal + some hit i guess. From my perspective, i'd rather have a spell I can that may in 300 games win 1.

Yep true. But yeah at start on beta I played with 30 yard judgement range and I had issues vs warlock teams as they can now fear from 30 yards away. Guess 35 instead of 40 isn't that much of a deal.

critical on WoG might win me more :(

could take out of 2% more healing tho

ima play this spec to get the best healing power 2% more healing on everyone + 2% healing received might be quite a comfortable amount on 17k uncrit FoL :P

#60 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

LoD isnt usable while schooled anymore ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users