Photo

Sorry for another "skillcap" question but I must know.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Aargh

Aargh
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Saurfang
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

you know, there's a reason why you have no helmets below your name, if you think that hunters take more skill to play than mages or rogues

Thanks. Although I wasn't asking what class takes more skill to play. I asked what class has a high/low skill cap.

#22 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

i believe he was talking to the ele shaman who thinks hunters have a higher skill cap than mage / rogue
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#23 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hunter > Mage > Rogue > warrior. From the highest skill cap class to the lowest.
Posted Image

#24 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

you know, there's a reason why you have no helmets below your name, if you think that hunters take more skill to play than mages or rogues ;)

no offense obviously

anyway

:rogue:=:mage: / :warrior: / :hunter:

We're discussing skill cap though, not how hard it is to suceed at a particular class.
Posted Image

#25 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

I've played Hunter, Mage, Warrior and Rogue to a semi decent rating and I can honestly say that there isnt that much of a diffirence between their skillcap. (by semi decent I mean 23XX-25XX) I am by no where "skillcapped" in either of those classes, and mages are kind of overrated when it comes to skillcap if you ask me.

The only diffirence is(was?) that any retard could get a hunter/warrior to 2k2 without any trouble, whilst rogues and mages required abit more "skill" to get achive rating in arena, but for example the diffirence between a "decent" and a "good" hunter is enormous, and is easily noticeable.

If I were to rate them I would rate them like this:

Hunter - 70
Mage - 75
Rogue - 70
Warrior - 65

#26 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

@kochanovski: a range class player who is dps is the best target-caller, its much easier to keep the overview there

As for skillcap its not that easy
As a rather average player with average reactions u should play more solid unsquishy class like warrior and not rogue or mage, hunter is in between
The skillcap on high level is a different thing thou, but isnt the point here

Also dks, locks and palas are solid if u wanna roll
one life, one chance

#27 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

@kochanovski: a range class player who is dps is the best target-caller, its much easier to keep the overview there

As for skillcap its not that easy
As a rather average player with average reactions u should play more solid unsquishy class like warrior and not rogue or mage, hunter is in between
The skillcap on high level is a different thing thou, but isnt the point here

Also dks, locks and palas are solid if u wanna roll

Skill cap refers to the potential of the class at it's maximum, basicly playing flawless. And how hard it is to achieve anything close to it. Not even neilyo was at rogue skill cap back in 2.4.3, although he was pretty damn close.
Posted Image

#28 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

Yes, so? Whats ur point?

I dont want to flame anyone but why are the ppl without helmets talking like they would have 4 red ones in this forum section?

@topic he wants to decide what class he plays, top level is skillcap is not important here, aight?
one life, one chance

#29 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

Yes, so? Whats ur point?

I dont want to flame anyone but why are the ppl without helmets talking like they would have 4 red ones in this forum section?

@topic he wants to decide what class he plays, top level is skillcap is not important here, aight?

You're pretty dumb. There's no "top" or "middle" skill cap, there's just a skill cap and it refers to the maximum potential of a class. He asked for it so I just gave him my opinion.
Posted Image

#30 Loleeta

Loleeta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

Your motive behind the question is not entirely clear. Why do you want to know the highest/lowest skillcap class in order to pick a class. This is a game, pick the class that apeals most to you and you have the most fun with, full stop.

If you insist on asking the question I'll tell you a little secret. All 10 classes are more or less around the same skillcap, although somehow mages and rogues long argue that they possess the holy grail of skill cap (hey they are the most populus residents of durotar after all). Whatever what is not constant among classes and ofter changes the perception of people about the "skill" they take to play is:

a) Their relative strength. Often people would think that a weaker class takes more skill. Thats quite untrue, it is just weaker, and it means you will have less rating for the same amound of skill, but does not equal to a high skillcap.
B) Their learning curve. you dont pick up all classes at the same rate. Some classes may seem easy to get to a certain point, some are more liner while some others might be harder to get hold of them at the start. They all take a great effort to play at the very top level.

So if you are looking for a low skill cap class to pick up easier, then the correct question would be what is a class with an easy learning curve? I suppose thats not your point, or most likely you'd ask what is the most powerful class instead.

If you are looking for a high skillcap so you look "good and skilled" then sorry, there is no answer for you. All I can say is that playing the class you like the most and you feel more fluent with it is propably your best bet to establish yourself as a good player. Not everyone feels equal at home with different classes and having fun is a vital part in keeping playing and trying to improve.

In like 5 years playing wow I can guarantee you that I've seen a couple of absolutely amazing players from every class in the game. If you are an amazing top player, it will show no matter what you play, even if you play a DK in season 5 you will stand out from the rest. Also I've seen a lot more wanna-bes playing classes that the general consensus at times believed to take skill to not make the slightest impact.

This comes from someone that enjoys playing diffrent classes and I have played most classes of the game at least on a decent level

Sorry for the wall of text, but thats first time I visit AJ after more than 6 months and got a bit carried away.

TLDR version: play the class you play and enjoy and not the one someone tells you to play on some internet forum. Thankfully all those 4 classes have distinctively different playstyles to make that choice for you easy.

#31 Vvhooya

Vvhooya
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

hunter skillcap higher than both mage and rogue? seriously?

just go look at the gladiator statistics all seasons sheet and you will see
"Crushing in!"
Posted Image

#32 Dillandosse

Dillandosse
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

I don't think skillcap has anything to do with number of gladiators...

Would say hunter=rogue>mage>warrior.

Hunters definitely have a high skillcap, eventhough you were able to play like a complete retard and backpedal your way to glad in some comps.

#33 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

I don't think skillcap has anything to do with number of gladiators...

Would say hunter=rogue>mage>warrior.

Hunters definitely have a high skillcap, eventhough you were able to play like a complete retard and backpedal your way to glad in some comps.

I'd argue that mage has a higher skill cap than rogue, as frost that is.
Posted Image

#34 wag911

wag911
  • Mérker
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

#35 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

stop this shit are u nab
Posted Image

#36 wag911

wag911
  • Mérker
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

stop this shit are u nab

rofl

#37 Thassel

Thassel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2400
  • 3v3: 1926
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

yeah, you're so right

:D

:cool:

:mad:

:confused:

:confused:

#38 Aargh

Aargh
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Saurfang
  • Misery

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

Thanks guys and a special thanks to Loleeta! Very useful info here. I've made my decision, so we might as well /thread this.

#39 Gnomer

Gnomer
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 2404
  • LocationSomewhere up North

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

Rogue,
Mage,