#1 felstriker

felstriker
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

Just wondering what some of your opinions are on Improved HoJ vs Improved Concentration aura.

It seems most pallies go with Imp conc and I wonder if they have tried the other.

Personally I love imp HoJ over conc. I feel as though I have so much more control. A well placed stun wins games. Having it on a 35 second cooldown is very useful for disrupting the other team. I use Talisman of the Breaker for the 20% silence reduction.
Permanently banned from the World of Warcraft forums for one or more of the following: Posting hateful language concerning race, ethnicities, or sexual orientation:

" 0. Thank you Frostmourne 04/29/2009 09:35:01 PM PDT

for helping me finish my Icecrown Daily PvP quest. You three got me the last 5 horde kills I needed. I'm sorry you weren't able to kill me even once even though there were 3 of you. Maybe if you bring 5 people you might have a chance."

#2 Murz

Murz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

I use imp HoJ for 2's and 3's. Conc for 5's.

#3 Ayvix

Ayvix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dalvengyr
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

Conc most definitely.
Top 1000 user club: #231

#4 Xios

Xios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2410

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

Imp concentration aura

#5 Bouwmeester

Bouwmeester

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

I have actually been debating dropping divine illumination and stoicism for 2v2 and keeping imp conc and imp hoj. The stun resist is nice, but the imp hoj can win games if used well. Though I am scared to try it due to the mana loss :(

Oh but the 35 sec stun is soooo tempting.

#6 Vicarious

Vicarious
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

I have actually been debating dropping divine illumination and stoicism for 2v2 and keeping imp conc and imp hoj. The stun resist is nice, but the imp hoj can win games if used well. Though I am scared to try it due to the mana loss :(

Oh but the 35 sec stun is soooo tempting.

I've also been considering picking up talisman of the breaker and switching to imp hoj. Am a bit scared to though.

#7 Bouwmeester

Bouwmeester

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

I would not go with the talisman. Imp conc is to valuable in 5v5 to not have it, so getting rid of it is not an option.

#8 Kasarin

Kasarin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:19 AM

I'm 41/20/0, spec'd this way for all my arena teams, 40 sec HoJ with my 4/5 armor bonus and 3/3 Conc. Works well for me, I would never think of giving up divine illumination, usually comes up twice a good game, and saves me from having to drink. Its all about the playstyle and how you are gearing yourself. I've been trying to put myself out there, and my 40 sec HoJ is used almost as soon as its up even in 5v5. I used to be wearing around ~1850 +heal in my arena gear, but changed my chant to spellsurge and am trying to move to a bit more regen to stay away from having needing to drink.

#9 Injunfeller

Injunfeller
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:25 AM

virtually every class comes stock with some form of stun resist now, plus you add a pvp trinket. This makes imp HoJ a "gamble" ability or some others would equate it to semi useless. I go with imp. conc cause it's a static talent, and its always there(cept when you get cycloned). Ive said this to numerous friends and other high end arena players...any team that relies on HoJ to win isn't going to go very far.

It should be looked upon as one of many solutions to a situation and as such looked more so as a back up solution, and "oh sh!t" solution, or some other plan C solution.

Does that mean it can't be a game breaker? Not at all, it certainly helps and can win a game here and there, those however are flukes in my opinion. Stick to consistent winning strategy and you should get consistent wins.

#10 Phiers

Phiers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:48 AM

Imp conc effects your party, not just you. While the reduced stun timer is very nice, the extra 2.4 seconds of lockout every single time a CS lands on you or our partner, and the pushback on your and your partner's casts...it's all bad.

#11 Rousse

Rousse
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

I would say it depends on the bracket you're playing. For 2v2 I like to play with imp HoJ as it leads to many more opportunites to control and win fights, and more often than not i use an aura other than conc. (Sr for locks/sp, frost for mages, devo for warriors-they beat on the rogue) For my 5v5, i have to have imp conc aura. Depending on your gold supply you can swap between the two, or just take conc and tough it out for 2's and 3's.
Healz 4 u!

#12 Millertanks

Millertanks

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

My HoJ gets resisted 50-90% of the time... anyone else have this experience?

#13 Shadowborne

Shadowborne
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Depends on the team set-up, we run Imp HoJ in 2's and 3's but Conc Aura is a must-have for 5v5.

Pretty useless for our 2's and 3's though we prefer magic resist and devo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<