Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:01. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Paladin Warrior Cataclysm Beta Videos

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

Yeah I was thinking stun DRs could be a problem, but it could work out if spliting dps is viable.

#42 Oloh

Oloh
  • Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

Yeah, from my limited experience with double warriors, the best strat is the one we used on the WRD and SpLockPal match. Split DPS and hard swap when 2x Colossal Smash is up for burst. Seemed ok.

When we tried training something (except warriors), it didn't work out so well. I am rendering a match right now where we tried to train a Rogue and it didnt work out so well. We lost.

#43 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

I'm actually uploading a WLP mirror game and a WLP vs MLPal game, I'll probably post them here if you guys are interested, as it seems to be a good thread :cool:

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#44 Oloh

Oloh
  • Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

I'm actually uploading a WLP mirror game and a WLP vs MLPal game, I'll probably post them here if you guys are interested, as it seems to be a good thread :cool:

If you post them here, I'll edit my first post to add a Section for your videos too, so folks have them in one place.

#45 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:57 AM

Ok I'll do it then, I just hope my internet connection doesn't crash this time, it crashed a few hours ago when there was only 42 minutes remaining (for a ~4 min long vid, it takes ~125 min to upload for me..).

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#46 Pheature

Pheature
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

Ok I'll do it then, I just hope my internet connection doesn't crash this time, it crashed a few hours ago when there was only 42 minutes remaining (for a ~4 min long vid, it takes ~125 min to upload for me..).

How are you two gemming/enchanting? I tried going for some mastery im sitting at around 17% but I just dont feel the shield doing anything.

Im also really feeling the 30% stealth nerf on holyshock. Also how are you guys prioritizing your stats? spirit>crit>haste? or crit>spirit>haste?

The new holypaladin takes alot of getting use to btw, and I don't think were nearly as "op" as people make us out to be, average at best imo.

#47 Oloh

Oloh
  • Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

Last two that I'll post from last night. Queuing now so let's see if we can get anything good.

vs :warrior::warlock::druid:

This was another match vs the Warrior, Warlock, Druid team. It adds to the feeling of Cataclysm Arena. It isn't necessarilly slower than WotLK, but people aren't getting globaled. I am optimistic.

vs :warrior::rogue::druid:

I did not heal very well in this match, but I wanted to upload anyway because it shows a few good things about Cataclysm 3v3s: (1) demonstrates Paladin mobility in 3v3 against a team that makes it tough to move, (2) shows that Rogues have gained a lot of survivability in Cataclysm compared to WotLK, and (3) shows how Paladin healing has involved into something much more than 1 button spam...I had to use all of my heals in this match continually and, in fact, used some of them poorly which cost me mana.

For example, at one point it the fight I had Infusion of Light up and got out of Line of Sight....I was under pressure so I just double Flashed myself, which is terrible. I should have Divine Lighted myself. It would have saved half the mana and healed for the same amount in half the time. Live and learn.

#48 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:01 AM

Last two that I'll post from last night. Queuing now so let's see if we can get anything good.

vs :warrior::warlock::druid:

This was another match vs the Warrior, Warlock, Druid team. It adds to the feeling of Cataclysm Arena. It isn't necessarilly slower than WotLK, but people aren't getting globaled. I am optimistic.

vs :warrior::rogue::druid:

I did not heal very well in this match, but I wanted to upload anyway because it shows a few good things about Cataclysm 3v3s: (1) demonstrates Paladin mobility in 3v3 against a team that makes it tough to move, (2) shows that Rogues have gained a lot of survivability in Cataclysm compared to WotLK, and (3) shows how Paladin healing has involved into something much more than 1 button spam...I had to use all of my heals in this match continually and, in fact, used some of them poorly which cost me mana.

For example, at one point it the fight I had Infusion of Light up and got out of Line of Sight....I was under pressure so I just double Flashed myself, which is terrible. I should have Divine Lighted myself. It would have saved half the mana and healed for the same amount in half the time. Live and learn.

Thats true, but as you'll (perhaps?:confused:)see in both matches I'm trying to upload, I also made these mistakes a few time, it really takes quite a huge amount of time to get used to the new holy paladin's gameplay.

@ Pheaturadin : Running Spirit > Crit > Haste atm, reforging for Crit doesn't seem to be valuable since you get like 17% crit if you reforge for crit instead of 15% if you reforge for spirit.

#49 Yukarg

Yukarg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 946
  • 3v3: 1973
  • 5v5: 1429

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

New 3v3 Videos
vs :warrior::druid::warlock:

We played this team another time and they beat us, but I wanted to post this video to show an aspect of Cataclysm 3v3s that seems similar to WotLK 3v3s. Training warriors is good. We won.

That was my team (im Arptmusprime) Keeping up colossus smash 2x as much and having it refreshed twice as often seemed borderline overpowered. and colossus smash makes anybody trainable =P. Druid healing also feels kind of lacking without being able to bloom multiple targets anymore. hopefully i will get to talk to you sometime on beta and we can do some games.
:warrior:

Spoiler

#50 Pheature

Pheature
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:21 AM

@ Pheaturadin : Running Spirit > Crit > Haste atm, reforging for Crit doesn't seem to be valuable since you get like 17% crit if you reforge for crit instead of 15% if you reforge for spirit.

So you hate mastery as much as me =p. Do you notice a big increase in mana regen by going full spirit? Have you tried forging for haste yet to see, since it takes us 10 lifetimes to cast spells?

Also : are you using the pvp weps over the pve ones? Hows your gemming look? I know red is all int, but what did you do about blue/yellow?

#51 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:57 AM

So you hate mastery as much as me =p. Do you notice a big increase in mana regen by going full spirit? Have you tried forging for haste yet to see, since it takes us 10 lifetimes to cast spells?

Also : are you using the pvp weps over the pve ones? Hows your gemming look? I know red is all int, but what did you do about blue/yellow?

Mmhh well I think I chose a the +5x inte & 2% mana meta and thats why i don't have any blue/violet/green gem, tho I've got two orange gems, inte + crit or inte + haste I don't remember.. It doesn't really matter anyway :/

I tried reforging for haste at start but as I didn't feel a huge improvement, I went full spirit that allows me to care less about mana. Though, I was playing holy spec wrong at this time, and I might consider reforging haste again.

I'm using pve weapons actually, my resilience might actually be a bit low (2559), even though, apart from mage teams, I haven't had any difficulty surviving (died once against demonolock/paladin in 2s, but that was more like a mistake, I could and should have survived).

#52 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

Finally !

WLP mirror :)

PS : I'm pro at dispelling UAs, yes.

And sorry for cutting that hard the end, my initial thought was to prevent the 2v3 part of the game from getting too long & boring.

PPS : Good night by the way, was about time this longass upload ended, it's six in the morning.. :/

#53 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Finally !

And sorry for cutting that hard the end, my initial thought was to prevent the 2v3 part of the game from getting too long & boring.

PPS : Good night by the way, was about time this longass upload ended, it's six in the morning.. :/

Turrible quality.

However, after watching more and more paladin videos I wish I could see good gameplay of others. Paladin does look solid though, and what I hope all the healers can expect mana/healing wise.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

#54 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:26 AM

Finally !

how good were the lock and war, just trade chat i assume?, we also played against that WLP u guys mirrored against, I thought you guys played better, was pretty fun though

I think the mage i was playing with through up a video vs you guys in the mage forums

#55 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Turrible quality.

In comparison to others vids i've uploaded on YT so far, it's fairly decent I'd say.

Edit : Oh shit I didn't remember it looked that bad. I still tried to get a good resolution, dunno why it didn't work.

how good were the lock and war, just trade chat i assume?, we also played against that WLP u guys mirrored against, I thought you guys played better, was pretty fun though

I think the mage i was playing with through up a video vs you guys in the mage forums

They're both very good but because of my these strange symbols on my nick (Àrjñ), the warlock couldnt make a macro that worked and thats why he couldn't dispel poly/fears on me.

These guys told me they were glads on a EU BG which name I forgot.

#56 Ohyi

Ohyi
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Arms should kill priest fast if you help. Make sure you Judge on cooldown and use Holy Light a LOT more than you do on live. Priest are kinda bad right now. I havent had a match vs a priest last long at all. My experience is if they are with a Mage, the Mage 1v2s you. If they are with anything else, the priest dies fast.

Don't have a pala at live, and holy light (thats now the long cast low heal right?) won't heal enough vs feral druids.
Was UD arena and the priest was laming @ the box, and with lag the warrior couldn't get on him (druid slows him and warrior can't get hamstring on because of lag).
When he can connect to priest, it takes loads of dmg.

edit: btw where can you buy arena waters (if you can)?

#57 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

nvm

#58 Coldfame

Coldfame
  • Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Great vids, some opponents seem braindead though.

#59 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

They're both very good but because of my these strange symbols on my nick (Àrjñ), the warlock couldnt make a macro that worked and thats why he couldn't dispel poly/fears on me.

These guys told me they were glads on a EU BG which name I forgot.

thats pretty cool, your lock was using a felhutner so he couldn't devour anyway i think also he could have used party1 or party 2 prob

#60 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

thats pretty cool, your lock was using a felhutner so he couldn't devour anyway i think also he could have used party1 or party 2 prob

Oh that's true, i forgot about that.

I wish HoS worked on poly tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users