#21 foresf

foresf
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

pretty sure he means 5 seconds for mage and priest combined?

#22 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

Yes. Which isn't really ridiculous considering there are already dots on the target and the healer is CC'd.
Posted Image

#23 Schnorki

Schnorki
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

Any healer with a brain will spam dispel the shit out of your dots without repercussion because the protection is not very good. Our damage with proper setup is very good. Mana efficiency is OK if you're using dispersion on CD. I've only played with holy paladins so I can't say much for our survivability (holy paladins are retarded OP). Our healing is almost not worth using just because of how badly it fucks our mana. If you're oom without a dispersion/sfiend/archangel up, you can just go afk because you're utterly useless.

Other than that, I'm happy we aren't hunters.

summed up quite nicely. :(

even without pallies our survivability isn't too bad (assuming you're stacking enough resil). the main issue remains that anyone with half a brain won't be affected by dots and you can't effectively mind spike to catch up on damage anymore simply because with the new mastery that spell is now officially complete trash.

5 seconds? I don't believe you. Record it, or it didn't happen.

believe it. even without mage support, our damage is seriously high IF you can manage to get a full set of dots to stick before you start your cc/nuking-chain.
that does however remain a pretty gigantic 'IF'.

#24 Touchmytail

Touchmytail
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

RPS as dance seems to still be good, but it has more longevity and bl when you dance is nom nom

yes; they're real Ray Bans

#25 Canadianpimp

Canadianpimp
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

At the moment, Shadow on the beta is not doing so well. Even though our survivability is pretty good, I realized that if you are not careful with your mana, you can go oom SO quick compared to most other ranged DPS classes. And, like said above, if healers start to dispel your dots, your pretty much screwed. It also seems to me that most other ranged can do much more damage consistently compared to us, causing us quickly to fall behind. This leads to us having to either heal or spam our dots even more and it goes back to being a mana problem.

I think if blizzard can somehow improve our mana regen, then we'll have a pretty good chance to compete with the other wizards out there.

#26 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

At the moment, Shadow on the beta is not doing so well. Even though our survivability is pretty good, I realized that if you are not careful with your mana, you can go oom SO quick compared to most other ranged DPS classes. And, like said above, if healers start to dispel your dots, your pretty much screwed. It also seems to me that most other ranged can do much more damage consistently compared to us, causing us quickly to fall behind. This leads to us having to either heal or spam our dots even more and it goes back to being a mana problem.

I think if blizzard can somehow improve our mana regen, then we'll have a pretty good chance to compete with the other wizards out there.

mana was fine for me over a 20 minutes 2s match, though i was gnome

you need to try to sneak in SW:Ds on almost every cooldown though, which obviously sucks if you're playing against mages.
Posted Image

#27 Schnorki

Schnorki
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

or if you wanna get actual dps out.

or if you wanna use your execute as an execute.

:/

#28 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

or if you wanna get actual dps out.

or if you wanna use your execute as an execute.

:/

You don't waste it before doing a burst attempt obviously, you use it during those moments where you fear is on cd etc just to sustain your mana. It is a pretty lame regeneration mechanic though, I agree, but it's definitely more manageable than some people make it out to be.
Posted Image

#29 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Could they just make S&P a 3sec horror with no dr? Maybe 5sec if that isn't enough? Seems like dispel protection is pretty bad for both spriests and aff.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#30 Schnorki

Schnorki
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

You don't waste it before doing a burst attempt obviously, you use it during those moments where you fear is on cd etc just to sustain your mana. It is a pretty lame regeneration mechanic though, I agree, but it's definitely more manageable than some people make it out to be.

well, obviously. but often enough your windows of opportunity result out of your opponent screwing up. and if that just so happened to be shortly after you blew sw:d on mana, and you end up exploiting their mess-up to blow him well into execute range just to then not have your execute up and watch them barely scrape by after all...well...it kinda sucks =p

#31 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

RPS as dance seems to still be good, but it has more longevity and bl when you dance is nom nom

What do you think of the druid version?

#32 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

Why would anyone want to play the druid version now when you can just focus redirect KS into focus sap

plenty of CC.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#33 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

Why would anyone want to play the druid version now when you can just focus redirect KS into focus sap

plenty of CC.

Theres more to it than just that, Druids have Insta roots, no CD CC, innervate( i know its bad but its something), off heals, and ofc LOTP, i know you can argue back but im just saying it can be equally if not better than the rogue version
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#34 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

Theres more to it than just that, Druids have Insta roots, no CD CC, innervate( i know its bad but its something), off heals, and ofc LOTP, i know you can argue back but im just saying it can be equally if not better than the rogue version

Look.

Only reason why anyone sane picked a druid over a shaman in WoTLK was:

-druids mana lasted forever
-cyclone, because a rogue could sap the target out of cyclone and at that point the match was over for opposing team had the RPD known how to play

and now, shamans mana is actually better than druid's in beta, and there's no more need for cyclone as a rogue can CC just fine himself on every redirect cooldown, not to mention shamans are only healer with a interrupt, passive fear protection, ability to ground gamebreaking casts, etc etc

basically shadowpriests always worked the best with shamans and I guess they'll continue working that way, with druids coming as the second best choice

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#35 Guest_Shizzle_*

Guest_Shizzle_*

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

Look.

You guys are talking about completely different things, you'd notice it if you read each others posts a bit more, one of you is talking about having a druid instead of a rogue as DPS and the other about the druid vs shaman as healer;P

#36 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Look.

-druids mana lasted forever
-cyclone, because a rogue could sap the target out of cyclone and at that point the match was over for opposing team had the RPD known how to play

and now, shamans mana is actually better than druid's in beta, and there's no more need for cyclone as a rogue can CC just fine himself on every redirect cooldown, not to mention shamans are only healer with a interrupt, passive fear protection, ability to ground gamebreaking casts, etc etc

basically shadowpriests always worked the best with shamans and I guess they'll continue working that way, with druids coming as the second best choice

I believe he meant feral druid opposed to rogue.
Posted Image

#37 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

I believe he meant feral druid opposed to rogue.

ROFL I just noticed his spec, FML

dnno, I don't think a feral will ever replace a rogue, but I guess everything can change

recuperate vanish and clos solely make the rogue a better choice I'm afraid

#38 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Is S&P still a buff you can just cancelaura off or did they actually make it a debuff?

#39 Guest_Shizzle_*

Guest_Shizzle_*

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Anyway, Mouzi, you ever streaming beta?

#40 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

Is S&P still a buff you can just cancelaura off or did they actually make it a debuff?

It is fixed. It DRing our fear however is not.

Anyway, Mouzi, you ever streaming beta?

Nah, 115c videocard does not permit it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<