Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Elemental Shaman PvP in Cata

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Rawri1

Rawri1
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/1/0/2

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

getting 3 points in spark of life is better than 3/3 fulmination, and you can still keep rolling thunder, im not sure what you aren't understanding

Wait what? 3/3 fulmination?

#42 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

getting 3 points in spark of life is better than 3/3 fulmination, and you can still keep rolling thunder, im not sure what you aren't understanding

its not a matter of having it 'both ways,' whether lightning bolt is viable or not you're going to be casting it. no matter what, receiving 15% more healing will almost indefinitely be WAY better than fulmination, because no one with a brain is going to let you reach a LS stack high enough to warrant using earth shock just for damage

I'm not sure what YOU arent understanding, but fulmination is only one point buddy :)

Let me ask you this. If lightning shield were the clear choice, to keep on at all times, and switching to water shield was no longer an option/necessary, would you still not go for fulmination?

#43 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

I'd suggest not making yourself look stupid.

Ignore point, attack character, gj idiot.
Posted Image

#44 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

It's hard to pretend you're unbiased when you have "worthless" as a fundamental part of one of your comparative points :rolleyes:

It's not worthless unless you have 8-30 seconds to cast. If you manage two lightning bolts. Say 3.5 seconds with haste and procs, you've just doubled your shock damage

And before you accuse me of not having read his post. His post states that mana is pretty much only a HUGE problem WHEN you're healing. Remind me how 4% more healing done is going to help preserve your mana?

well i pve and play bgs/arena alot on many shamans + the OP is a r1 player atesting to my "theory"
but you can do as you will and not play to your optimal
not my job to babysit you

#45 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

Ignore point, attack character, gj idiot.

statement still stands...

your first quote brought nothing but ridicule even though you know nothing of which you speak...

#46 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

I'm not sure what YOU arent understanding, but fulmination is only one point buddy :)

Let me ask you this. If lightning shield were the clear choice, to keep on at all times, and switching to water shield was no longer an option/necessary, would you still not go for fulmination?

that is a ridiculous question
you're taking something away from the better spec to even the field
so obviously it would go either way

its like saying "would you go fury if they took away [Anger Management](1 rage per 3 secs + 25% more rage from damage delt)"
some might some might not

#47 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:29 AM

that is a ridiculous question
you're taking something away from the better spec to even the field
so obviously it would go either way

its like saying "would you go fury if they took away [Anger Management](1 rage per 3 secs + 25% more rage from damage delt)"
some might some might not

Not even close. Because it's been stated that lightning shield is the intended shield for elemental and enhance, while water is for resto.

If they see that it isnt being used, it will get changed so that it is used.

if it IS being used, the circumstances will be such that you will have to ask yourself the very question I posted earlier.

#48 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

Fulmination is nice on live, not sure about beta.

A problem I can see is that if your team doesnt have a 50%+ snare on it (LSD for example) it would be annoying to have to keep flameshock and frostshock up and still be expected to use earthshock in the burst rotation due to the shared CD.
Posted Image

#49 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

Also, my asking the question was by no means an andmission of any particular spec being superior or inferior at the moment. It was simply a means of expressing my unwillingness to argue with you about it.

Ill ask again. Fulmination naysayers. If Lightning shield were the clear choice of what to wear at all times, would you spec RT and fulm?

Cause I predict that it's gonna be the shield of choice. If not now, then when blizz makes another pass at balancing

Also. Turns out I've had a beta on a different account. Gonna try that a bit and see how it works out.

#50 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Possible if you can fraps some of your games, Nuvoz? Perhaps I'm an idiot, but I cannot get the youtube link to work :(

Sucks to just sit on the sideline and unable to do anything about things, or try them out!

#51 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Also, my asking the question was by no means an andmission of any particular spec being superior or inferior at the moment. It was simply a means of expressing my unwillingness to argue with you about it.

Ill ask again. Fulmination naysayers. If Lightning shield were the clear choice of what to wear at all times, would you spec RT and fulm?

Cause I predict that it's gonna be the shield of choice. If not now, then when blizz makes another pass at balancing

Also. Turns out I've had a beta on a different account. Gonna try that a bit and see how it works out.

I highly doubt people will stop using water shield unless they completely eliminate any mana worries from ele. Even then, fulmination is so hard to use effectively in most places that it may not be worth it. I liked it at first, but given how hard it is to get a decent amount of charges and that ele can still have mana problems I'd rather just spend the points elsewhere and use water shield.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#52 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

A) It's not even close to worthless, you can theory craft it all you want, but the fact is, that you still get a few charges every now and then, and they add significant damage. Also mana from rolling thunder.

Earth shock makes a dk's runes come up 20% slower. Will cut energy regen by 20%. It's worth using on it's own now, no matter if you're so busy being grumpy @ blizzord for dargon slayer talents, It's still worth using. And since you'll use it, you might want to consider fulmination

B) Lightning Shield still does a ton of damage to melee leg humpers. If you have a druid healer casting thorns on you, the damage they take is just scary.

C) You may want unleash elements to be getting that sweet 50% bonus from enh, meaning you couldnt get it anyway.

lightning shield is ok but it sux that it only hits one target then hits another one 3ish seconds later
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#53 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

Have you tried glyph of lightning shield? On beta right now, it feels like fulm definitely isnt worth taking if I dont glyph it, but if I do, the charges are real easy to build up

Also, I'm finding that healing really isnt that bad so long as you lay off of chainlightning and only do it with clearcasting up. Ele's mana is pretty good, it's just that when you run out, GL getting it back

#54 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

When I play with rolling thunder I always have the glyph of lightning shield but still don't think the talent is very good. If anything it makes me want to spec out of it more so that I have another glyph slot. Also yeah when games are fast enough mana issues are not too big of a problem, like when I played LSD. However theres still no reason ele should have mana issues when all other caster dps do not; if it is not fixed people will exploit that weakness in elemental shamans badly.

#55 konchuu

konchuu
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

It's out of control. It isn't worth it to even go defensive to casts heals as an elemental shaman or shadow priest anymore. Staying offensive is the best chance you'll have in pvp. :\

The healing needs to be upped and the mana cost lowered. I realize that they want health pools to take longer to fill, but right now it's not where it should be.

#56 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

I thought lightning shield glyph was pretty much useless. Doesn't fulmination drop you back down to 3 charges anyway? I know static shock doesn't use actual charges. Unless I read it wrong and it means you stay at 3 even when attacked.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#57 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

it means you stay at 3 even when attacked.

this
Posted Image

#58 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

I thought lightning shield glyph was pretty much useless. Doesn't fulmination drop you back down to 3 charges anyway? I know static shock doesn't use actual charges. Unless I read it wrong and it means you stay at 3 even when attacked.

It also means that when you get a fulmination charge, you will always have a minimum of 4 charges, as opposed to building it up off of 2, or 1

---------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna play around with a fulmination-less spec today. What do you do regarding your shields, would you advise keeping water at all times, but swap to lightning vs melee's in 1v1 situations?

#59 soberjkpnad

soberjkpnad

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

Ele shaman were pretty fun at 80, their heals could keep a lock with fel armor up while the druid was cs'd and keeping water shield and 35 second thunderstorms meant I spammed with my lock unless something gay happened.

How does lightning shield work now?
Posted Image

Things to contemplate:
Asking someone to do a blindfolded taste test of two different beverages but then have one of the cups be filled with bong water and Everclear.

A cleaning service ran by a bunch of trained ninjas who you can never see but cleaned the fuck out of your house all day, everyday.

Walking into a church in the middle of mass, dressed as Jesus, telling everyone you are back.

#60 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

if you spec rolling thunder, and fulmination (and therefore glyph lit shield)

You have 3 charges, it never goes down. When you lit bolt or CL, you have a 60% chance to make lshield go up one charge, and restoring about 125% the cost of a lightning bolt. The charges stack up to a maximum of nine. If you earth shock, it consumes down to 3 charges, adding damage of one lightning shield discharge*(# of charges) to the target. At nine, this is about 19k on a non crit, and up to about 34k on a crit. getting hit will reduce lit shield charges by one to a minimum of 3 (it can still only occur once every 3 seconds or so, getting dispelled or spellstolen removes ALL CHARGES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users