#21 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:28 AM

They're going to have to rethink druids.

Spoiler

Blizzard.

Gonna play Enh/War/Resto in cata. Seems to have lots of potential after then changes.
Enh shaman can offheal very nicely witch helps warrior, witch has good own self healing. Also Wind shear, grounding when when you are getting nuked, hex, warriors damage (and also a stun now), offensive dispel, tremor, druids cyclone/roots/defensive dispel and so on.
I so hope this comp will work out nice :x

Making cyclone dispellable would definitely make the game more balanced.

But seriously. Yes, cyclone needs to be dispellable (DEFINITELY the feral cyclone, that's for damn sure). That doesn't mean druids wouldn't be compensated elsewhere, which is what I hope druids defending undispellable cyclones understand. Making cyclone dispellable would definitely make the game more balanced.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/2/0

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

grounding when when you are getting nuked

i tried several enh.shaman comps on different pools since S2 and the bad thing about it is, that there wasnt a single one able to do this simple task.
seems like every good shaman is playing resto.

#23 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

New dispel mechanics are what's going to kill druids. They could have managed with the other stuff fine if this change didn't go through.

#24 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

New dispel mechanics are what's going to kill druids. They could have managed with the other stuff fine if this change didn't go through.

Yes spam purge absolutely destroys druids atm on beta its horrible :(

#25 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

Yes spam purge absolutely destroys druids atm on beta its horrible :(

Best part is how they wanted to stop that exact issue by changing dispels.

LOLGJ
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

#26 Nurok

Nurok
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

Spoiler

Blizzard.

Gonna play Enh/War/Resto in cata. Seems to have lots of potential after then changes.
Enh shaman can offheal very nicely witch helps warrior, witch has good own self healing. Also Wind shear, grounding when when you are getting nuked, hex, warriors damage (and also a stun now), offensive dispel, tremor, druids cyclone/roots/defensive dispel and so on.
I so hope this comp will work out nice :x

Fuck that Pveshit, no one cares :( I WANT THE OLD LIFEBLOOM!
Posted Image
Druid 4.0 Changes.
Spoiler

#27 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

Fuck that Pveshit, no one cares :( I WANT THE OLD LIFEBLOOM!

And who doesn't?

But seriously. Yes, cyclone needs to be dispellable (DEFINITELY the feral cyclone, that's for damn sure). That doesn't mean druids wouldn't be compensated elsewhere, which is what I hope druids defending undispellable cyclones understand. Making cyclone dispellable would definitely make the game more balanced.

#28 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Best part is how they wanted to stop that exact issue by changing dispels.

LOLGJ

yeh playing vs enchance shammies as a druid is lol they dont have to dps just spam purge/shock while there partner trucks on the druid and the druid cant get above 30%.

Going to give a bit of feedback on the actual beta in the blizz feedback, doubt it will help but worth a try.

#29 Nurok

Nurok
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

And who doesn't?

people who live in the past and still think that resto druid is op :D
Posted Image
Druid 4.0 Changes.
Spoiler

#30 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

Main thing is the other healers have skills they can use when coming out of that CC. Druids are limited to 3min cooldowns.

Priest comes out of CC? Pain sup, shield, penance, PW:BAR
Paladin comes out of CC? Holy shock, WoG, Sac, BoP, LoD
Shaman comes out of CC? Riptide, NS/heal, shock, ground, Earth shield (already on typically)
Druid comes out of CC? NS/heal, ToL and instant regrowth

So you swap once, will most likely have to blow both 3min CDs, you wait the 40 seconds on ToL, swap again, dead.

The class is just going to be as weak as priests, but at least priests can get buffed with just some coeff. changes.

They're going to have to rethink druids.

Is swiftmend gone?

I think druids do still have some decent ways to avoid cc since it's very difficult to keep them still for a CC to land with the increased cast time. Not to mention you still have bash if you are caught in a bad spot. Not saying resto is perfect now they could probably revert bloom change but to put them in the same league as disc probably isnt fair overall?

Anyway I had to go so i was like ok i gotta head to class and shes like peace and hugs me and my boner pushes against her leg and she looks at me wide eyed and walks away really fast.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#31 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

Is swiftmend gone?

I think druids do still have some decent ways to avoid cc since it's very difficult to keep them still for a CC to land with the increased cast time. Not to mention you still have bash if you are caught in a bad spot. Not saying resto is perfect now they could probably revert bloom change but to put them in the same league as disc probably isnt fair overall?

Swiftmend requires rejuve to be on the target. Also, it only lasts 12 seconds, meaning coming out of a 10 second CC it will typically be gone. Against any team with a dispel and it's gone.

Also, people think priests are in such an awful place when really they aren't.

Priests are bad because coefficients are too low on healing and too high on mana. That's the easiest thing to change in the game, and that's where you want your balance to be in game. If all you have to do is tweak numbers to make a class viable, you've done one hell of a job balancing them.

Druids will be bad because of design, not because of coefficients.

#32 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

yeh playing vs enchance shammies as a druid is lol they dont have to dps just spam purge/shock while there partner trucks on the druid and the druid cant get above 30%.

Going to give a bit of feedback on the actual beta in the blizz feedback, doubt it will help but worth a try.

Lol enha teams trains druids now ? ;(
What about smaping lifebloom on urself ? The bloom effect is boosted isn't it ? :o Also I gues getting swiftmend off shouldn't be too hard with swift rejuvenation ? Can you correct me if i'm wrong ?

#33 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Lol enha teams trains druids now ? ;(
What about smaping lifebloom on urself ? The bloom effect is boosted isn't it ? :o Also I gues getting swiftmend off shouldn't be too hard with swift rejuvenation ? Can you correct me if i'm wrong ?

Yeh your totally wrong :)

2 GCDS to put 2 lifeblooms up, 1 GCD to dispell them, the bloom blooms for nothing. Swiftmend hardly heals for anything and your lucky if thats not purged off also before you get the chance.

#34 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

Yeh your totally wrong :)

2 GCDS to put 2 lifeblooms up, 1 GCD to dispell them, the bloom blooms for nothing. Swiftmend hardly heals for anything and your lucky if thats not purged off also before you get the chance.

;(

#35 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

im scurd
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#36 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:26 AM

I'm soooo playing my shaman or paly if they dont change the design somehow

#37 Supervagos

Supervagos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

stop crying so hard.Druids need certain fixes FOR SURE but at least stop complaining about the fact that you can get cced

#38 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

stop crying so hard.Druids need certain fixes FOR SURE but at least stop complaining about the fact that you can get cced

You gotta understand, its not just the fact that we can be cced. The biggest part of it is getting raped by offensive dispels. Sitting in a cc that we used to be immune to, and then coming out and trying to heal but being spam dispelled. Yes, it'll raise the skillcap a bit trying to shift incoming sheeps/hexes. The thing thats bothering me the most is the stupid lifebloom change :(

#39 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

No more prehotting? Check
No dispell protection? Check
CC'able to the nth degree? Check (Lawl tree form 10 second banish [email protected] ...shift to avoid it, 3 min cd wasted)

Give druids the ability to effectively prehot 2 targets (2 targets max, not 1 target main hotted and 2 more prehotted), and I think the problem would be 'solved'. Druids, in my opinion, should continue to rely on being able to predict who will be swapped to, and prepare that person for that swap with hots. With the current cata design, it is FPS/Arcade style...target x is getting hit, spam heal target x, target y gets swapped to, spam heal target y, oh noes, they went back to x, start healing target x again...essentially dumbing pvp down to pve style gameplay.

#40 Freed

Freed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

No more prehotting? Check
No dispell protection? Check
CC'able to the nth degree? Check (Lawl tree form 10 second banish [email protected] ...shift to avoid it, 3 min cd wasted)

Give druids the ability to effectively prehot 2 targets (2 targets max, not 1 target main hotted and 2 more prehotted), and I think the problem would be 'solved'. Druids, in my opinion, should continue to rely on being able to predict who will be swapped to, and prepare that person for that swap with hots. With the current cata design, it is FPS/Arcade style...target x is getting hit, spam heal target x, target y gets swapped to, spam heal target y, oh noes, they went back to x, start healing target x again...essentially dumbing pvp down to pve style gameplay.

Wait a sec. The general feeling im getting from these posts is that the cata druid = season 1-8 paladin, and the cata paladin = season 1-8 druid? Sweet.
Imagination is more important than knowledge – Einstein
March to the beat of your own drummer – Thoreau
The quality of the imagination is to flow and not to freeze – Emerson
The road to hell is paved with good intentions - Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<