Tweakz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

The OP said frost mages are OP to the point of boredom. Well if something can beat them, then they're not that OP are they?

I don't think he's talking duels. We run around in BGs and get 40-50 KB's with 0 deaths and its so ZZZZ. Frost used to have great survivability and 1vX ability, but you had to wear targets down a bit more. Now you global people in 1 or 2 shatters, and only really need to use DF on people with a lot of hp/resil.

That said, we should remember that we're balanced around 85 right now and not 80. Once we get to play in arena again we'll see where we stand, because honestly BG's are a joke and mages will probably always be OP in them because our mobility, damage output and survivability is so insane. We are trading r1 fb, winters chill and fast polys for higher burst. Whether or not it's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.

#22 newbies

newbies
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1056

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

I don't think he's talking duels. We run around in BGs and get 40-50 KB's with 0 deaths and its so ZZZZ. Frost used to have great survivability and 1vX ability, but you had to wear targets down a bit more. Now you global people in 1 or 2 shatters, and only really need to use DF on people with a lot of hp/resil.

That said, we should remember that we're balanced around 85 right now and not 80. Once we get to play in arena again we'll see where we stand, because honestly BG's are a joke and mages will probably always be OP in them because our mobility, damage output and survivability is so insane. We are trading r1 fb, winters chill and fast polys for higher burst. Whether or not it's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.

Well naturally ranged classes are pretty good in BGs since they don't have to get close to the enemy blob to dps them.

:warrior: | :deathknight: | :warrior: | :rogue:
Rep me if you like or hate gnoams!

#23 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:05 AM

I just wanna cast a god dam frostbolt again...
Characters: Rogue(Kayø) Mage(Kayo) Warrior(Yôdâ) Warlock(Fearlisk)

#24 sweetbetty

sweetbetty
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:06 AM

We run around in BGs and get 40-50 KB's with 0 deaths and its so ZZZZ.

Yeah, blizzard should really get on this. Sounds important. Hopefully you mages don't have to suffer in battlegrounds much longer, please accept my humble condolences.

#25 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

who cares the game sucks :x

#26 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

We run around in BGs and get 40-50 KB's with 0 deaths and its so ZZZZ.

Yeah, blizzard should really get on this. Sounds important. Hopefully you mages don't have to suffer in battlegrounds much longer, please accept my humble condolences.

I wouldn't normally respond to this, but all of your posts ive read is just QQing about mages on every thread. I'm just curious if you're a butthurt druid who is confused because he lost to a mage 1v1 for ths first time?

#27 Yukarg

Yukarg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 946
  • 3v3: 1973
  • 5v5: 1429
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

I wouldn't normally respond to this, but all of your posts ive read is just QQing about mages on every thread. I'm just curious if you're a butthurt druid who is confused because he lost to a mage 1v1 for ths first time?

sounds to me like he wants mages to be OP
:warrior:

Spoiler

#28 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

no im not a butt hurt druid.. i play mage

#29 Swaggin

Swaggin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

w/e i just stopped playing until cata, im sure things will change.

#30 Kayoh

Kayoh
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:35 AM

sounds to me like he wants mages to be OP

First of all, about 90% of the people posting have no clue what the gameplay is like at 85. The main problem with mages at 85 is the playstyle, its just lance spamming because frostbolt has little to no use. Damage is balanced at 85 NOT at 80...this is obvious... mages have always been exeptional is BGs, but now that damage is out of control at lvl80 everyone is bugging out. Do you honestly think WoW devs give a shit about lvl80 pvp right now? My only argument for this thread is to bring back the use of frostbolt, I wont judge damage until i'm lvl85 in the new x-pac comparing it with other classes.

PS. Pinkice...I don't think I quoted your post...

#31 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:18 AM

First of all, about 90% of the people posting have no clue what the gameplay is like at 85. The main problem with mages at 85 is the playstyle, its just lance spamming because frostbolt has little to no use. Damage is balanced at 85 NOT at 80...this is obvious... mages have always been exeptional is BGs, but now that damage is out of control at lvl80 everyone is bugging out. Do you honestly think WoW devs give a shit about lvl80 pvp right now? My only argument for this thread is to bring back the use of frostbolt, I wont judge damage until i'm lvl85 in the new x-pac comparing it with other classes.

PS. Pinkice...I don't think I quoted your post...

kinda feel like the people who just keep saying OH Mages are just spamming ice lance at 85 ... really have no idea what they are doing and just kinda spam ice lance all day then pop on a forum to QQ

Frostbolt does more damage than icelance in a shatter..
Frostbolt slows
Frostbolt applies a slow to 2 enemy players within an 8 yd radius (which i do believe helps proc FoF if im not mistaken)
It helps proc FoF outside of CoC / pet nova

the style of play has changed .. i HIGHLY doubt in arena play a mage who literally just spams ice lance is going to do very well against top end players - frostbolt spam was boring - ice lance spam is boring .. spamming arcane barrage is boring

i still find excitement in controlling the living hell out of numerous people just .. saying im sure ill have people disagree with me saying "what the i dont even .." "notsureifsrs.jpg" yatta yatta just my two cents about the matter
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

Don't understand why people are whining about 80 pvp when it's been clearly stated that the balance is for 85. I doubt the mages in 85 pvp gear with 4% haste and 12% crit think they need a nerf.

#33 Tempestlol

Tempestlol

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:39 AM

Frostbolt does more damage than icelance in a shatter..
Frostbolt slows
Frostbolt applies a slow to 2 enemy players within an 8 yd radius (which i do believe helps proc FoF if im not mistaken)
It helps proc FoF outside of CoC / pet nova

^ this

If you don't like spamming ice lance then use frostbolt as much as you did pre patch. It's what I do in BGs, I don't spam ice lance more than 2 in a row, and pretend it's on a CD, a ghetto solution for sure, but it's only temporary after all.

...I hope.
Spoiler

#34 medze

medze
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eitrigg
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

Don't understand why people are whining about 80 pvp when it's been clearly stated that the balance is for 85. I doubt the mages in 85 pvp gear with 4% haste and 12% crit think they need a nerf.

Nah, it's just as stupid at 85. Mages are one of the most broken classes. The damage is pretty ridiculous and people dying in a deep freeze may not sound silly after wotlk but for Cataclysm, noone can burst that hard in pvp besides frost mages (without serious effort and setup)

I can deal with the ridiculousness of Ring of Frost but they really need to tone down the burst.

#35 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

Nah, it's just as stupid at 85. Mages are one of the most broken classes. The damage is pretty ridiculous and people dying in a deep freeze may not sound silly after wotlk but for Cataclysm, noone can burst that hard in pvp besides frost mages (without serious effort and setup)

I can deal with the ridiculousness of Ring of Frost but they really need to tone down the burst.

im confused are you talking about arena or duels ... duels dont matter and after watching shipley's video im going to say no people are not dying in a deep freeze if they have partners to back them up.

i watched ship sit in a deep freeze against n7 ... he didnt die due to this crazy burst - people have 91k+ Health pools in cata .. and im just going by what i saw but n7 crit him the HIGHEST i could SEE 14k ..

so you're telling me as a healer you are dying in a deep freeze? i haven't been on beta but i some how dont buy that you are literally getting opened on and dying in a deep freeze.

because not for nothing .. if you are out of cooldowns and stuck in ANY stun then that kinda is your ass so to speak think about druids vs RMP .. barkskin down - trinket down - team mates cc'd druid goes into a cs -> ks and dies granted cs->ks was a longer stun duration

if you are honestly dying in a deepfreeze with cooldowns up then yeah mages are out of line..
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#36 medze

medze
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eitrigg
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

this is in 3s, however the mage's partner was a feral and it was more like 80%-0% on my druid healer partner in a deep freeze. Feral damage is just about as ridiculous so the mage isn't entirely to blame. Trinket was down obviously but I don't know if he popped barkskin.

Ice lance does about 20% of someones health bar. I've died from 50-60% in duels if I get deeped without CDs. This might not seem bad if you haven't played on beta but people really don't die that fast from anything other than frost mages (and ferals)

#37 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

Ice lance does about 20% of someones health bar. I've died from 50-60% in duels if I get deeped without CDs. This might not seem bad if you haven't played on beta but people really don't die that fast from anything other than frost mages (and ferals)

even in wrath .. if you were at 50-60% with no cooldowns up and the mage shattered you were at 10% -> counterspell gg.

i mean in TBC a mages shatter was some pretty nasty burst it just sounds like it went back to being that sort of burst although i do agree with ice lance being toned down so we dont become the s5 death knights would be a sad sad day to sit in that seat a month till cata releases .. lets hope for the best
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#38 Archmage

Archmage
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Got so bored of 4.0.1 so fast...
Also resistances only mitigate dmg not causing resists ^.^

#39 korotnam

korotnam
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Let it be known that a bunch of bads are bashing icelance and assuming that is the optimal way to play frost now.

#40 cinn

cinn
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

Let it be known that a bunch of bads are bashing icelance and assuming that is the optimal way to play frost now.

not far from the truth tho, in a 1v1 situation > frost nova > df > frost > lance spam, target gets out, CoC > lance spam, target does damage to u, shattered barrier > lance spam, *target will be dead here, in case he isnt, repeat*
http://img814.images...shym1qaw14t.gif

Sig violates size guidelines. - Moderators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<