Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 00:42. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Realm first level 85.

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Heard that questlog gets wiped at a new expansion release?

Nope, I was able to turn in 25 quests when wrath came out for ~250k xp.

It might be worth doing but unless you're gonna serious-face go for realm first, you might just want to not bother since the quests in cata will most likely double the xp you get from wrath quests (probably more)

As long as you can get out ahead of the pack, leveling shouldn't be bad. My biggest concern is staying logged into Mal'Ganis when i'm trying to level.

#42 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Isn't it absolutely a hell to try and level on a PvP server when a new expansion is released? Seeing there's no seperated areas in Wrath, I can only imagine the kind of orgy it'll be on a PvP server.

#43 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

Isn't it absolutely a hell to try and level on a PvP server when a new expansion is released? Seeing there's no seperated areas in Wrath, I can only imagine the kind of orgy it'll be on a PvP server.

Aren't both Mt Hyjal and Vashj 80-82 zones? I could be wrong
Author of Gladius

#44 Valmior

Valmior
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Adderall

this ez realm first
:mage:

#45 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

Aren't both Mt Hyjal and Vashj 80-82 zones? I could be wrong

They are, but you get zoned in ontop of each other, Alliance and Horde that is. Where as in Wrath you had seperated starting places.

#46 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

how long is the grind from 80 to 85 in terms of hours played anyways?
also anyone know how effective instance grinding is for leveling with an amazing group?

#47 Juicenewton

Juicenewton
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

im going to spend all my time ganking the people i know are going for realm first 85 instead of wasting the time to do it myself :D

#48 ajbxyz

ajbxyz
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

stocking up on ridilin
Posted Image

#49 Gunnermaniac

Gunnermaniac

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

also anyone know how effective instance grinding is for leveling with an amazing group?

^

#50 Lortho

Lortho
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

Im always the slowest lvler. Just got my dualspecc payed by some random pve hero and I still use the loaned bird to fly in northrend.

s3,s5,s6glad. Rocking feral atm

#51 staticz

staticz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

im going to spend all my time ganking the people i know are going for realm first 85 instead of wasting the time to do it myself :D

this.

#52 Zybak

Zybak
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

how are you still not banned

I pay rapture $5000 a month to keep access

#53 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

Last time (a week or so ago) I leveled a toon took me about 3½ hours before I was 83. The last two levels take quite a bit more, so around a day if you play nonstop - I'm pretty sure these XP values aren't final though.

Some people suggested instanceleveling till you ding 82, then visit the new zone whilst everyone else fight at the starter ones, but I seriously CBA to sit and grind mobs when it's beta, sorry!

#54 Mylez

Mylez
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

Take six 20-minute naps, each spaced exactly 4 hours apart, every day. Do not deviate from your schedule.

#55 downz

downz
  • Deltyz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

ty m8
:D

#56 Bleikfeiten

Bleikfeiten
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

i was up for over 55 hours in wotlk.

now that it barely takes 30 hours to ding 85, it really shouldnt be much of a problem lol.

unless ur some sort of weird kid on experimental drugs you will fall asleep on the keyboard alot faster then you would take any sort of perm damage.

it's all about getting ahead of the curve, be extremely ready at first second ur server is up, get a lead on the "crowd" and ur golden.

I remember lvling in icecrown @ 79 being the only person there (like 3 am but w/e) on one of europe's most populated servers (stormscale)

#57 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

this x100

#58 Xyhn

Xyhn
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

now that it barely takes 30 hours to ding 85, it really shouldnt be much of a problem lol.

unless ur some sort of weird kid on experimental drugs you will fall asleep on the keyboard alot faster then you would take any sort of perm damage.

it's all about getting ahead of the curve, be extremely ready at first second ur server is up, get a lead on the "crowd" and ur golden.

I remember lvling in icecrown @ 79 being the only person there (like 3 am but w/e) on one of europe's most populated servers (stormscale)

I thought the EXP on Beta wouldnt be the same as the sale which goes live?
"\_( シ)_/"

#59 Kzrs

Kzrs
  • Karzerus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

Some people actually have a job and responsibilities in life so wasting away for 30 hours to get something down like an old withered bag isn't the best idea. Has nothing to do with being 'weird' rofl. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
From Disaster to Master - SC2 (Bronze)

#60 thisisamage

thisisamage
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

Took me 12.5hours /played 80-85 on a mage as frost, had a magic broom for instant flying while levelling though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users