Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 03:33. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Warrior self healing on Beta, 07/11

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

Sorry but if the pally isn't sitting in as much cc as he should to make his healing utterly minimal and meaningless then learning to play priest mage correctly is the problem. His healing should be more than the paladins if the game is as short as 4 minutes considering the paladin shouldn't be doing shit. And as I've stated in other threads, I think that warrior self healing SHOULD be nerfed on beta right now, but we should be compensated with our old survivability tools against melee such as Shield Block /Wall.

#22 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:04 AM

You also realize you are comparing self heals with a 50% ms to a 10% ms do you not? The number comparison isn't even accurate/fair.

#23 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 2696

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:06 AM

How are the numbers not accurate? You know the paladin is healing with the 50% ms also? Do you not?

#24 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:08 AM

Oh and also, the fact that they changed Bloodcraze from crits to hits.

#25 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:09 AM

The comparison of the warriors self heals from pre 4.0 to 4.0 isn't fair because of 50% ms to 10% ms, what is complicated about that in any way?

#26 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

The Blood Craze change DRASTICALLY increased our self healing, not it's efficiency (a little bit), but it's proc rate, that is why it is so much more noticable. I would run around half of a match in wotlk without Blood Craze proccing once and my healing would be shit, but then I would have it stay up for 3/4 of a match and I would practically be invulnerable while playing defensive with those heals.

edit: I think that it's a poor design, and I'm glad they changed Blood Craze but it definitely should be toned down a little bit for that compensation, like I've said in other threads multiple times.

#27 Requiem4

Requiem4
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

The comparison of the warriors self heals from pre 4.0 to 4.0 isn't fair because of 50% ms to 10% ms, what is complicated about that in any way?

He posted links showing warrior healing RELATIVE to paladin healing in multiple matches, what is complicated about that in any way?

Let me spell it out for you: if the warrior is healing through 50% ms, then the pally is too. if the warrior is healing through 10% ms, then the pally is too.

#28 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:16 AM

That's exactly what I was about to say, instead arena on beta popped and I faced a warrior paladin where the warrior did more healing than the paladin. Neat

#29 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:18 AM

Did you not read what I said earlier? I've had plenty of games vs a Priest Mage that I've outhealed my paladin. If they are ccing him properly he really won't have time to heal, and when he does my self-heals will have already picked up most of the slack. Well, in a short game anyways, but most of the time games are very short in Warr Pal vs Priest Mage if they are any good.

#30 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

I'm reading what you're saying, but it's just confusing. You're defending warriors self-healing in some of your posts that it is okay. Though in others you are saying it should be nerfed, but you need other defensive abilities against melee.

#31 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

No.. I'm not defending it. I think it should be nerfed, I'm stating the reasons that you never probably realized how good it was to begin with.

#32 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:25 AM

I'm trying to understand the last part. Maybe I didn't notice how good it was before? I'm looking through my match history and I can't find a single game where a warrior did more or even close to the same healing as his healer. Be my guest and find me a game where this occurs.

Okay it should be nerfed and it will be on beta soon. How can you say your other defensive abilities will need to be upped when they aren't even on beta yet?

#33 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

Also, the fact that you even let the paladin do 120k healing is beyond me and proves that you did something incorrect during that game or your strat is flawed vs War Pal. Not saying you are bad, have never played you so that would be out of place and misguided, but a Paladin should never get to heal outside of bubble /D.sac vs a Mage Rogue, and that wouldn't be 120k healing..

#34 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:29 AM

I believe that shield block should be restored to it's old properties, maybe reduced a little bit from that, right now it's just bad. That's my opinion anyways and I'm sure other warrs would agree, but I suppose that's another matter.

#35 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

Do you even play beta?

#36 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

Yes.. Even though the points would still be relevant/valid coming from someone with no beta experience..

edit: I worded the sentence poorly, rephrased it.

#37 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

I don't see how warriors are going to be awful with these simple self-healing nerfs. I'm really trying to understand what you're seeing.

#38 Aggresionx

Aggresionx

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

If I recall correctly.. I never have said warriors will be awful with these nerfs. All I've stated is they need to be re-compensated for their lacking in other areas of defensive capabilities. Warriors survivability against casters outside of reflect, aka wall /self-healing, can be nerfed and I won't have a problem with it, as long as caster damage isn't out of control and our melee survivability is good, which on beta it really isn't (melee specifically, aka not self heals which need a bit of toning regardless) which is an awkward direction for warriors because they've always been that way and I don't think moving away from the original feel of classes is the way to go but that's personal taste I suppose..

#39 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

I think I'm going to stop reading AJ for a while.
Posted Image

#40 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

http://img185.images...10610010202.jpg

<3 your chat window <3

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users