#1 shoutlikey

shoutlikey
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

Anyone played Disc @ 85 in arenas? If yes, please share your experiences. Iam really curious if disc is really as useless currently as everyone says.

What exactly makes us worse than other healers except for our healing power which has always been low in contrast?

#2 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

This is from a 2v2 perspective:

- Disc's healing power feels substantially worse than the other healers, shields last for like a second.

- Disc goes OOM way faster than the other healers, a couple of reasons for that: worse healing power, Fiend sucks, no arena water atm which means healers rely on their passive regen/cooldowns and priests are just way worse in that department.

- Mana burns are pretty hard to hit with a 2.4 second cast time and doesn't really give you an advantage since you'll always have lower mana than the one you are burning.

I felt that Holy was better but its mechanics are a bit clumsy. As Holy you can have quite nice longevity if you get to cast Heal in peace, but that doesn't happen very often, most teams I played against just trained me.
Author of Gladius

#3 Khekzorz

Khekzorz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

- Disc's healing power feels substantially worse than the other healers, shields last for like a second.

- Disc goes OOM way faster than the other healers, a couple of reasons for that: worse healing power, Fiend sucks, no arena water atm which means healers rely on their passive regen/cooldowns and priests are just way worse in that department.

- Mana burns are pretty hard to hit with a 2.4 second cast time and doesn't really give you an advantage since you'll always have lower mana than the one you are burning.

I felt that Holy was better but its mechanics are a bit clumsy. As Holy you can have quite nice longevity if you get to cast Heal in peace, but that doesn't happen very often, most teams I played against just trained me.

Pretty much this. 99% of teams will just tunnel you until you die - or that's how I've found it. You'll either go oom or be unable to keep up with the healing due to Disc's awful mana and healing output.

Honestly, Priests in general are in a horrible state. Holy has some nice advantages, but it doesn't change the fact that you get trained and run oom/die due to lack of healing.
Just my experience, but I think everyone agrees that Disc is god awful.

#4 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Discipline needs a massive overhaul in healing output and survivability. :(

#5 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

im scared :(

#6 Adversa

Adversa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

im scared :(

hold me please :(

Posted Image

#7 Robdabest

Robdabest
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

group hug :)

#8 *Healzangels*

*Healzangels*
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I can't imagine if it is blatantly such a big issue that Blizz would leave is as is... If they do inc holy pally

#9 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Pretty much this. 99% of teams will just tunnel you until you die - or that's how I've found it. You'll either go oom or be unable to keep up with the healing due to Disc's awful mana and healing output.

whats new

#10 Xjum

Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Speaking from the beta, here it is...
- PW:S is way too weak
- Penance is way too weak
- We go oom literally 1000% faster than Paladin/Druid

Well, I'll go to college and I'll learn some big words and I'll talk real loud, god damn right I'll be heard. You'll remember that guy who said all those big words that he must of learned at college.

Gumz 'n Friends WCM - Gumz 69 Twink Rogue

#11 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Thats true. And to be honest, I'm a paladin and a DK spamming NS on me during gnaw/strangulate can force a bubble really fast, and outhealing a NS debuff is actually hard since a dk that kick you will kill you if he's his cooldown ready.

Don't even want to imagine tanking a dk as dpriest.

Thats true, one of the only good part as disc, or as priest should I say, is that fear reduction talents are gone and your Psychic Scream ability actually lasts 8 seconds, not 5.

As crazy as it sounds, a shadow priest is actually more likely to Manaburn than a disc priest, that'll have more important stuff to do than manaburning.

#12 Ninelivez

Ninelivez
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

yea i've been playing the beta you might as well go shadow for cata atm... And even then shadow priest oom fast as fuck and then your fuck...

Most op Classes if you guys want give up on priest(I never will)
#1 - Mage
#2 - Feral/Boomkin Druid
#3- Demo Warlocks

Healer:
Holy paladins what a surprise...

Those are the 4 most retarded classes atm
N I N E L I V E Z
(CALM DOWN)

Johnyrambo/Rambojohny from Stormstrike Probably the best xfire stream i've ever seen.
http://www.zshare.ne...036367e85f519c/

#13 Tranquilizer

Tranquilizer
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

My guess is next beta build priests will be getting substantial buffs

#14 Sallemm

Sallemm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

Well I always thought that priest was the worst by far of WOTLK but because the skill cap is the highest by far of the healer you can still compete against other healers. Just want to know if it's worst than in WOTLK?

#15 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

I'm hoping that they improve things for us like making sure PW: Shield can absorb more than an icelance and reducing the cast time on mana burn so if we ever aren't trained then we can put some pressure. or like if we use archangel we get a snare removal so for once we might be able to escape.

#16 devila

devila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:53 AM

I can't imagine if it is blatantly such a big issue that Blizz would leave is as is... If they do inc holy pally

jk just go shadow

You are honestly the biggest fucking retard I have ever seen on this forum

I posted the only serious response and you didnt even thank me you ungrateful asshole ill never help you again

Posted Image

#17 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

The last patch gave a further nerf to disc - 29 days to Cataclysm, BETA will end soon, I wouldn't expect any changes forthcoming to Priests.

Gl hf.

#18 konchuu

konchuu
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

Priests in general on beta just suck right now. :(

#19 jizoke

jizoke