Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-27 at 00:16. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Cata Holy Specs

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Wouldn't 1 point in blessed life be worth it ?
with a 50% chance you are bound to get a proc every 8 seconds
1 free HP every 8 seconds sounds like a good deal for 1 talent point

And how do you guys percieve convictions usefulness ?
I guess at least 1 point is worth it to act as a dispel buffer ?

3 points in it will be worth it as crit will be a very important stat, due to Infusion of Light's mechanism.

Also, I'm not sure if I'd take speed of light. Holy radiance doesn't sound too useful considering the healing is slow and expensive. Is the run speed that important ?

That talent will save your ass vs so many teams, I'd take it if I were you.

PS : As Woundman showed in a video, sprints effects are good, but they're almost useless if you're snared, i'd recommend to be sure your HoF is up before using it, if what you want by using Holy Radiance is the sprint effect.

#22 niksuhehe

niksuhehe
  • Macmillah
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

wowtal.com/#k=terj50U8.a7t.paladin.

#23 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

LoD ?

#24 Borcat

Borcat
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

http://wowtal.com/#k...hbs.a7t.paladin.

This is what i've made allthough im not really satisfied, as far as I've understood (and seen on live) exorcism is really strong(like a priests smite) and we'll be able to play more offensive setups but in this spec im missing out Denounce/blazing light which are really important for exorcism.

I dont wanna miss pursuit of justice because 15% run speed is awesome and 1 charge when stunned is really good when you're comming out from a stun. Maybe I should take out two points from conviction and put it in either of blazing light/denounce or take two points from last word allthough I really like those talents so im not really sure.
I was thinking this spec might work though because I cant see us nuking all the time due the mana cost and in cata we'll need to care more about the mana than wotlk and thats why I pick blazing light which gives us 20% more dmg at the times we actually nuke, sure denounce reduces mana cost but I think the dmg from blazing light when we have nuke opportunitys will be better than having a constant~ stream of halfbad damage :P. But I dont have any beta account or so, so I dont know how things are working out there.

Sorry for the bad english, lets say im abit tired >:D

Edit: This is meant to be some kind of "all around" spec. For 2s i'll defenatly have both exorcism talents.
My mage friend on skype: Why are they ruining wow!? Druids are impossible to kill, wotlk was totallt perfect!

#25 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

i am noticing not many people are planning to take last word. Do people not consider it a good talent or am i missing something? I am specd into it currently on live and it seems invaluable.

#26 Thilz

Thilz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/1/2/2/2

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Had to think about it for a bit but this is what I finally came up with for an overall spec:

http://wowtal.com/#k...Nbk.a7t.paladin.

#27 xohy

xohy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

oh wow did not notice they added hand of sac to that talent. In that case id probably have to take the point out of blessed life for that and a point out of imp judgements as well. I just hate skipping over blessed life completely because its basically a free charge of HP for whenever you are getting swapped to, guess i can live without it though. Ugh, so many good talents, so little talent points. I hate losing a point in imp judgements because judging on cd will be so important to keep our mana up.

After thinking about it for a bit. I feel like giving up light of dawn to be the best option. Even if it is useable while silenced, it just seems so shitty now that it doesnt even heal you anymore, and uses your holy power charges. If im silenced, i dont want to have to sacrifice my holy power charges for a 4-7k heal, that i could have used for a 15-20k word of glory when i came out of that silence.

Revised spec would probably look something like this.

http://wowtal.com/#k...-xg.a7t.paladin.

ps sorry for paragraph bomb

To me thats like saying it isnt worth using bauble.
I gaurentee that little heal would save your partner and buy you time to holy shock right after the silence since all silences are basically 4 sec minimum long. Its a 1 point talent and it would be situational (like bauble) when you need that little extra heal to buy you some time. The fact it doesnt heal you anymore is just dumb as well.

I am not saying its stupid, its your opinion vs. mine, thats all.

#28 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

can't beaaaaaaaaaaar necrotic strike..

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/2/0

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

i am noticing not many people are planning to take last word. Do people not consider it a good talent or am i missing something? I am specd into it currently on live and it seems invaluable.

thats something we'll see. with such big hp-pools it is a) not really needed or B) really great cuz the hp-pools are that big if you know what i want to say
imo its ok but the points are better spent somewhere else

Wouldn't 1 point in blessed life be worth it ?
with a 50% chance you are bound to get a proc every 8 seconds
1 free HP every 8 seconds sounds like a good deal for 1 talent point

see explanation in my earlier post. i dont think its even worth a point, but other people think different about it. i will definitly not spec into it.

To me thats like saying it isnt worth using bauble.
I gaurentee that little heal would save your partner and buy you time to holy shock right after the silence since all silences are basically 4 sec minimum long. Its a 1 point talent and it would be situational (like bauble) when you need that little extra heal to buy you some time. The fact it doesnt heal you anymore is just dumb as well.

you cant compare bauble with LoD.
bauble heal was like 1/4 of a S8 arenaplayer. LoD will be around 1/20 of the hp-pool then. and you call that a guarantee? not really.
it wont do anything to help your mate. its far more useful to sit through the silence and then use your holypower for a WoG+HS right after the silence fades than using your holypower for that little heal. i'd rather wait 2secs longer for the silence to fade off and heal my mate for 1/5 of his hp, than doing a 5-7k heal. if your mate wont survive that little time until the silence is gone the little heal from LoD wont rescue him either.
LoD was only to safe yourself during silences cuz it heals yourself + you got the heal from PotI.
now that both are gone and LoD uses HP its totally useless.

edit: they need to change LoD to heal for much more and then this heal is divided by the number of people it heals like holy wrath only with heal. sure they need to bring back the 30sec CD.
so using it on 5 people all will be healed for 5k, but if you heal just one person, this person gets a 25k heal. dont know if the numbers would be op, but a 25k heal that uses 3 charges of HP on a 30sec CD seems ok to me.
but that wont happen cuz of pve reasons :(

#30 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

wowtal.com/#k=t3PfKUxq.a7t.paladin.--4wi6[/url]

came up with this spec..it would work for offensive play of style, what would you say?

#31 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

After a few tests I did on TR, the best 3s spec for me is : http://cata.wowhead....cIbzrdudfZhbZcb

Protectors of the Innocent is awesome since our Beacon doesnt heal for 100% anymore, thats a big deal vs affliction warlock & dk teams.

Pursuit of Justice is nice, but you'll notice that a Word of Glory isn't a spell that will really keep your team alive while getting bursted, and i don't think speccing in PoJ to get 1 HP every time you're stunned/feared is actually worth it, I mean, +6% healing done on everyone including you + 6% heal healing received is actually better, in my opinion.

By the way, as Venx said on another post, yeah Spirit is definitely the way to go. Reforging / gemming in haste or crit is cool but you can't get enough crit or haste to notice any difference :y

Oh and having your Judgement healing you each time you use it is fucking awesome, knowing that you'll basically use it on cooldown for mana will help a lot when you're not 100% hp and you need to heal your teammate, to avoid getting swapped too hard.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

^ seems to be a good 3s spec. oh good i need tripple-spec for cata... 3s, BGs, and PvE dammit.
btw is there a new glyph for LoD? the old one doesnt make sense anymore since LoD has no CD.

#33 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

Oh and for those of you that like 2s, i'm running with http://cata.wowhead....MGrdrkukfZhbMZc and i feel like its better than PoJ shit.

@ Venx : New LoD glyph = Your Light of Dawn affects 1 more target. AWESOME.

PS : On a serious note, this talent is shit, take it off your bar and don't take that talent unless its a raiding spec.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

@ Venx : New LoD glyph = Your Light of Dawn affects 1 more target. AWESOME.

yes THATs the glyph which makes LoD good for PvP again!!!!

...not

#35 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

I just noticed you got every blue face I don't have and vice versa, weird XD

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

maybe im schizophrenic and you're my other I that was playing wow when i wasnt :D

#37 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

xD

#38 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Just out of curiosity arjn, what comps have u run so far on the beta, and any thoughts on them as well as healing in general. About how often are you oom, out of cooldowns, etc.

#39 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Just out of curiosity arjn, what comps have u run so far on the beta, and any thoughts on them as well as healing in general. About how often are you oom, out of cooldowns, etc.

Mmh I've played frost (dk) & holy paladin most of the time, and two games as Survival hunter & holy paladin. Also did two games as dk/rogue/holy (vs WMD & MLPriest).

To be honest, any frostmage +x comb tear me another hole, especially if X = warlock (any spec).

We also faced a demono/sp team that currently caused us a lot of trouble - they didn't go for me though, avoiding fears by staying out of range is way harder than before, and when u los them, with this goddamn latency, it still generally goes..- they just nuked my dk.

We also got destroyed by a warlock named Azael something and a resto shaman, warlocks are such a pain for me since they buffed fears range to 30 meters.

I don't have too many issues surviving apart from arms warriors (they remove 60% of my health in a throwdown, but luckily the few i faced didn't pummel very well, and i didn't die, but a decent warrior will pummel..) and dks, especially unholy.

Their new "combo" also known as "gnaw-strangulate-stack NS during those, so that after that combo, 50k of that guys healing will be absorbed" is painful as fuck, I must say I really wonder how will dpriests survive it, tbh.

By the way, having Beacon of Light on your target helps a lot.

Oh and about mana, mmh once you're used to the new healing system that is basically spam HS and WoG + if its not enough - which is very likely- FoL (costs like 7k mana, but spamming HL is not viable at all), unless you got a IoL proc that will allow you to cast a very fast HL or DL - its a choice to make, a 1.0 sec DL or HL, either you'll save a nice amount of mana or you'll get a very powerful & fast healing spell that won't cost much more than a FoL, its not that hard, I mean, we actually have a better mana efficiency than any other healer.

#40 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Mmh I've played frost (dk) & holy paladin most of the time, and two games as Survival hunter & holy paladin. Also did two games as dk/rogue/holy (vs WMD & MLPriest).

To be honest, any frostmage +x comb tear me another hole, especially if X = warlock (any spec).

We also faced a demono/sp team that currently caused us a lot of trouble - they didn't go for me though, avoiding fears by staying out of range is way harder than before, and when u los them, with this goddamn latency, it still generally goes..- they just nuked my dk.

We also got destroyed by a warlock named Azael something and a resto shaman, warlocks are such a pain for me since they buffed fears range to 30 meters.

I don't have too many issues surviving apart from arms warriors (they remove 60% of my health in a throwdown, but luckily the few i faced didn't pummel very well, and i didn't die, but a decent warrior will pummel..) and dks, especially unholy.

Their new "combo" also known as "gnaw-strangulate-stack NS during those, so that after that combo, 50k of that guys healing will be absorbed" is painful as fuck, I must say I really wonder how will dpriests survive it, tbh.

By the way, having Beacon of Light on your target helps a lot.

Oh and about mana, mmh once you're used to the new healing system that is basically spam HS and WoG + if its not enough - which is very likely- FoL (costs like 7k mana, but spamming HL is not viable at all), unless you got a IoL proc that will allow you to cast a very fast HL or DL - its a choice to make, a 1.0 sec DL or HL, either you'll save a nice amount of mana or you'll get a very powerful & fast healing spell that won't cost much more than a FoL, its not that hard, I mean, we actually have a better mana efficiency than any other healer.

nice good information, thanks for the writeup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users