Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 05:42. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Cata Holy Specs

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

I created a paladin on the beta, however not really sure where to put points with all the changes that have been going around. If someone could link a holy spec/glyphs would be helpful

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/2/0

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:54 AM

i dont play on beta but i'd try these

http://wowtal.com/#k...5mQ.a7t.paladin.

http://wowtal.com/#k...zuz.a7t.paladin.

both for BG/arena. arena only i'd skip LoD and put that point in conviction/denounce.

#3 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:16 AM

i dont play on beta but i'd try these

http://wowtal.com/#k...5mQ.a7t.paladin.

http://wowtal.com/#k...zuz.a7t.paladin.

both for BG/arena. arena only i'd skip LoD and put that point in conviction/denounce.

i guess different holy pallies have different opinions and different styles of play, but in my opinion, both of these specs look just plain terrible :confused:

this will probably be the spec i use in cata, feel like it will probably be the best you can get

http://wowtal.com/#k...xmr.a7t.paladin.

again, different people different opinions i guess

edit: on second thought, id probably max out judgements of the pure and take the point from either imp judgement or POTI now that its nerfed.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

blessed life is crap imo. 50% chance for 1 HP on 8sec cooldown is not worth a point.
and no paragon of virtue? 30sec deacreased CD on sac is something i dont wanna miss + having 40sec DP and 2min wings on top of that is a nice bonus.

#5 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

blessed life is crap imo. 50% chance for 1 HP on 8sec cooldown is not worth a point.
and no paragon of virtue? 30sec deacreased CD on sac is something i dont wanna miss + having 40sec DP and 2min wings on top of that is a nice bonus.

oh wow did not notice they added hand of sac to that talent. In that case id probably have to take the point out of blessed life for that and a point out of imp judgements as well. I just hate skipping over blessed life completely because its basically a free charge of HP for whenever you are getting swapped to, guess i can live without it though. Ugh, so many good talents, so little talent points. I hate losing a point in imp judgements because judging on cd will be so important to keep our mana up.

After thinking about it for a bit. I feel like giving up light of dawn to be the best option. Even if it is useable while silenced, it just seems so shitty now that it doesnt even heal you anymore, and uses your holy power charges. If im silenced, i dont want to have to sacrifice my holy power charges for a 4-7k heal, that i could have used for a 15-20k word of glory when i came out of that silence.

Revised spec would probably look something like this.

http://wowtal.com/#k...-xg.a7t.paladin.

ps sorry for paragraph bomb

#6 searanox

searanox
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/0/1/1

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

blazing light only increases dmg of spells not healing. if ur worried about holy power without blessed life maybe u can move those 2 points into persuit of justice?

#7 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

thanks for the input, id love to keep seeing more specs and what ppl are thinking

#8 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

blazing light only increases dmg of spells not healing. if ur worried about holy power without blessed life maybe u can move those 2 points into persuit of justice?

as holy pallies are now doing the most damage of any healer and can definitely add to the offensive pressure of their team, i want to stay as offensive as possible with my talents. It is a fair suggestion though.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:37 AM

btw i wanted to add why i think blessed life is crap.
since 4.0 came out i solo sethekk for the mount and there are those ravenguards which dual wield.
its always 2 of them, so they hit you like every 0,5sec or so.
and with 1 point in blessed life(50%) its normal for me to receive no HP in 4-5secs and this is on live where the CD on the talent is still 2sec.
remember beeing attacked every 0,5sec without getting a charge for like 5secs. and as i said its normal for me.
so having that + a 8sec CD on it is just crap.
might be proccing for some players every 2sec, but then you can call yourself really lucky.
and imo its not really needed as a "threat" for other players not to attack us. with Div.Prot. on a 40sec CD we are not a good kill option. sure its magic, but conviction and our shield from mastery are some nice "trashbuffs" to cover it.

i dont want to have my judges anywhere smaller than 35y range, so imp. judge and 1/2 enl. judge is a must have to me.

pursue of justice is for beeing CCd. coming out of CC with a holy shock, thats minimum 2 charges of holy power to use for the instant WoG after that.
and +15% runspeed is also great for pillarhumping or LoSing CC. combined with speed of light thats a really nice sprint you get.
not to forget its also 15% on mounts -> hi warrior trying to charge me while i jump around like an idiot :P

sure the second spec i posted can be real crappy, but i atleast try it in some comps.
would love to have imp. HoJ to switch places with seals of the pure

#10 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

What would you guys say are the most important stats at 85 where haste is very diminished? For gearing and reforging.

Spirit>Crit>Mastery>Haste? that was just a guess could be really far off

#11 searanox

searanox
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/0/1/1

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

as holy pallies are now doing the most damage of any healer and can definitely add to the offensive pressure of their team, i want to stay as offensive as possible with my talents. It is a fair suggestion though.

i dont know but from what i hear from beta it seems like mana is kind of a issue im sure the dmg is good or maybe im just not used to paladins having alot of offensive pressure considering we are such a defensive class but who knows

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

dont know about the other 3, but i think spirit is nr.1
might change in later seasons though.

#13 Incendaldin

Incendaldin

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

i dont know but from what i hear from beta it seems like mana is kind of a issue im sure the dmg is good or maybe im just not used to paladins having alot of offensive pressure considering we are such a defensive class but who knows

Damage is still fairly high from a couple classes, so personally I chose Intpower. With double pve rings (heh, 359 premades) and a pve trinket (Lunar Dust 2.0) and.. 3 purple spirit gems, mana didn't seem like too much of an issue.

Oh, and unless I was secretly force-fed acid by a leprechaun, LoD isn't usable while silenced on the Beta.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

Oh, and unless I was secretly force-fed acid by a leprechaun, LoD isn't usable while silenced on the Beta.

k ty. one talentpoint more to spend on other things

#15 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

doing damage will most likely cost minimal mana as long as you are speced into denounce, since exo will cost barely any mana, and you'll get a free exo on every other holy shock you use.

the only damage spell that will cost a hefty chunk of mana is holy wrath, and if you are positioned well you probably wont find to many times to use it effectively anyway.

#16 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

http://wowtal.com/#k...m54.a7t.paladin.

heres what i was thinking

with 7200 spellpower and inquisiton i was getting 9-10k holy shock crits, and 6-7k exo hits with a 11-13k crits

#17 Asdfman

Asdfman
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 2/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2280
  • RBG: 1713
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

http://wowtal.com/#k...KV3.a7t.paladin.

Probably something like this for 3v3

For 2v2 I could consider getting the exo talent and obviously Imp. HoJ too if it's crucial for the comp (which is not really the case with warrior/paladin anymore, at least)

#18 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

my 2s spec : http://wowtal.com/#k...RYU.a7t.paladin.

my 3s spec : http://wowtal.com/#k...uP1.a7t.paladin.

I just more or less understood how cataclysm holy paladin will be played at 85, and therefore I do apologize to everyone i've been rude to, I was wrong.

For those that are still interested in reading what I "found out" yesterday, we'll be using WoG almost as soon as we reach 3 HP (that was obvious), we'll more or less spam HS every time it's up (apart for Daybreak procs), and we'll be using Flash of Light (yeah, even though it literrally burns your manabar) as the main "casted" healing spell, as both HL and DL have a way too long cast.

HL and DL will be used only via Infusion of Light, that'll make both of them 1.0 sec cast, and that'll allow their use (if you need a "burst healing", a 1.0 sec DL that'll heal ~24k uncrit, and if you don't really need a "burst healing", a 1.0 sec Holy Light will save you ~4,5k mana) in arena.

Therefore, in my opinion our best stat in season 9 will be crit. I'd say Crit>Spirit>Haste>Mastery.

PS : Daybreak proc gives us two chances to get a crit on HS, be sure to use every IoL proc.

#19 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

I was dueling a dk, I can't vouch for silences however it is useable while completely locked out from mind freeze

#20 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

Wouldn't 1 point in blessed life be worth it ?
with a 50% chance you are bound to get a proc every 8 seconds
1 free HP every 8 seconds sounds like a good deal for 1 talent point

And how do you guys percieve convictions usefulness ?
I guess at least 1 point is worth it to act as a dispel buffer ?

Also, I'm not sure if I'd take speed of light. Holy radiance doesn't sound too useful considering the healing is slow and expensive. Is the run speed that important ?

this would be my 2v2 spec playing with a arms war
http://wowtal.com/#k...uS5.a7t.paladin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users