• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 2402
  • RBG: 1644
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

I'd like the CS -> KS back as well. The Garrote is nice on casters but it's just piss vs. melee really. I'd say we still play the role of lockdown for the simple reason that it's pretty hard to land kills solo without the use of major CD's (I.E. Vendetta, Vanish, SDance, etc.) We're basically a Warrior who can only really dump damage every 1 or 2 minutes.
------------------------------

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

best Rogue on US

#24 Malladon

Malladon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1554
  • 3v3: 2121
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

cs/ks change & vanish nerf are like the only two real complaints i have with this entire expansion. is it wrong for me to have faith in blizzard to fix the rest?

#25 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1616
  • 3v3: 2116
  • LocationPrague

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

demo lock
warrior
feral

all those have more stuns than we do :S

WTB cheapshot back, its the core ability for rogues. Rogue was supposed to be a lockdown class with huge control on target, this is now gone and basically we are weaker wariors.

Rogues are only used to hold shit on place in rmp so mage+priest can shit on that, but thats gone now :S

Getting restealth right now dont give you shit anymore :/
Kul Tiras-EU / Outland-EU

#26 Jimmyeh

Jimmyeh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2117
  • 3v3: 2304
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

the old stunlock was most likely the biggest reason i started to play rogue in vanilla, feels kinda shit these days not being able to keep anyone in place, even with garrote 5s silence people can just fuck you completely with jumping around facing you, gl getting any backstabs/ambushes on your target.

#27 jamie123

jamie123
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

Cheap shot should've been left on it's own DR, it was a retarded change. Rogue and feral druid stealth should be on the same level, any other idea is stupid, facing human/night elf rogues with heightened senses which every rogue had was just retarded.

Having sap also makes the encounter when a rogue and a feral meet each other instealth advantageous to the rogue.

#28 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

the old stunlock was most likely the biggest reason i started to play rogue in vanilla, feels kinda shit these days not being able to keep anyone in place, even with garrote 5s silence people can just fuck you completely with jumping around facing you, gl getting any backstabs/ambushes on your target.

Crippling keeps them in place just fine.

Are you wanting to keep them within melee range, or keep them not being able to do anything?

#29 Ghoruz

Ghoruz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Are you wanting to keep them within melee range, or keep them not being able to do anything?

Crippling is probably the biggest bullshit I've seen, wielding dual crippling on daggers and still I have problems keeping the shit up without shiving + in an arena enviornment where something will most likely slow you in some you way, getting to backstab will still be a pain in the ass without a stunlock on the target.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

#30 evilwithin

evilwithin
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

freedom / dispel / 0.000001% chance to reapply without shiving ... then all the other dude has to do is dispel again, seeing how it's pointless to do anything else like heal since their partner is facing us while jumping around. :/

Rogues are semi OK now, even the vanish chage isn't THAT bad, though, ferals outstealthing us and outdamaging us and having better stuns/cc's = why bother playing with a rog ?

Btw, argumenting that ferals are ok to do it cuz they can't stealth as often as us, is kinda invalid, hence as a nelf u can get a nice little vanish into another 10sec stunlock as soon as dr's are off :(

#31 Kiglol

Kiglol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

tbh its fine i have no problems

u got 5 sec garrote

oh wait didnt read the last sentence, druid have pounce+maim? rofl
inb4 ferals replace rogues in rmp

cos 5 second silence vs rogue etc is so much better right.
Posted Image

#32 Kalimist

Kalimist
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2541

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

The 5 second silence cost 55 energy compared to the 35 it used to its over rated.
I rather it be changed back to 3 seconds 30 energy cost and have the DR share off.
All this 5 sec garrote argument is bs cos its just much worse. In arena people just scoot around the pillar and los your team with garrote a lot of the time even with crippling up.
To be quite honest with you I would rather not have a 1 minute sprint, get given less damage for it back.

The majority of melees all have better stuns than rogue now which makes me wonder where will we stand once 85 hits with our play style/viability, and in my opinion it will probably not be good.

Also I hope ferals pounce maim not sharing DR is just something Blizzard forgot to change or it is a piss take.

#33 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

The 5 second silence cost 55 energy compared to the 35 it used to its over rated.
I rather it be changed back to 3 seconds 35 energy cost and have the DR share off.
All this 5 sec garrote argument is bs cos its just much worse. In arena people just scoot around the pillar and los your team with garrote a lot of the time even with crippling up.
To be quite honest with you I would rather not have a 1 minute sprint, get given less damage for it back.

The majority of melees all have better stuns than rogue now which makes me wonder where will we stand once 85 hits with our play style/viability, and in my opinion it will probably not be good.

Also I hope ferals pounce maim not sharing DR is just something Blizzard forgot to change or it is a piss take.

The God has spoken, now obey~

#34 consuela

consuela
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1886

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

The God has spoken, now obey~

i love your panda <3

i'm not talking to you, now sit the fuck down on your bicycle and ride the fuck out.

#35 Literacola

Literacola
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 1943

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

¿

i hope you're trolling. with energetic recovery and haste you can dump more attacks in an SHD than you could before. even that second 2.5s garrote is worth 55e the way things are right now (both on live and on beta).

rogues have pretty insane survivability on beta atm. mastery affecting slice and dice solves all kinds of issues for sub. prep smokebomb and 5s garrotes surpass ar/prep in brokenness.

#36 Kalimist

Kalimist
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2541

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

¿

i hope you're trolling

just saying I rather have stun drs off each other than the new garrote etc, the amount of times where I am able to garrote trinkets because of the energy cost is a big deal too.

Not really tested much on beta because I have around 400 ms but I am just thinking about when all the crazy shit is slightly balanced where will we stand.

#37 Literacola

Literacola
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 1943

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

I'm pretty sure the maim thing is just an oversight. the removal of stun/silence duration reducing talents buffed our stuns more than the DR sharing nerfed them though. It requires a change in playstyle but overall rogues have way more lockdown than we did in wrath.

unfortunately, because #'s haven't been worked out you pretty much need to completely incap your target or they will instantly heal to full. however, you can kill a lot of shit in 11s so it works out (stupidly).

as far as cata shit goes though, here's a quick summary:

-redirect has a lot of cool uses but I wouldn't say it's gamebreaking or anything. pretty much only useful for getting a DT off or instantly 5pt KSing on a swap.

-smokebomb is probably the most gamebreaking new spell, especially in BGs

-combat readiness is basically a 20s shield wall

#38 TylerRoll

TylerRoll
  • Junkies

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:34 AM

¿

i hope you're trolling. with energetic recovery and haste you can dump more attacks in an SHD than you could before. even that second 2.5s garrote is worth 55e the way things are right now (both on live and on beta).

rogues have pretty insane survivability on beta atm. mastery affecting slice and dice solves all kinds of issues for sub. prep smokebomb and 5s garrotes surpass ar/prep in brokenness.

How dare you question the rogue god. Damn atheist.

#39 Jimmyeh

Jimmyeh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2117
  • 3v3: 2304
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

crippling is a joke atm, i dont really know if they changed something about it, or if its just bugging a ton. either way its crap.

and yes, i would much much rather keep my target not being able to do anything than fuck me up by jumping and facing me while i try to get behind him.

#40 Cuddlybunny

Cuddlybunny
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:11 AM

so what comp do you think in cata litre, obviously cant tell yet but what do you think

im sayin rld/rmp :)

Oh, and you are still a no name to the MLG community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<