thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:00 AM

Oh and what I noticed from bg's, that if i lb target with rejuv/wg up and switch lb to another target + use swiftmend and they stand in the same place the target gets his 50% hp (what is ~17k hp) if few sec w/o lifebloom.

yep that's the feeling i'm getting. They want us to pay attention to our heal combo's so we don't oom as fast as the other sloppy healer. I'm happy with that design, this was not meant to be an action game where lizard reflex was important. The game is meant for older gamers who aren't as quick as a 23yr old starcraft champion.

#22 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • LocationYour house

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

Not gonna lie, but the vulnerability to switches is getting me scared for my resto druid. Especially since we can get sap'd and polyd
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/2/0

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

Not gonna lie, but the vulnerability to switches is getting me scared for my resto druid. Especially since we can get sap'd and polyd

+ the passiv armorincrease through talents is gone and barkskin dispell protection aswell

#24 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • LocationYour house

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

+ the passiv armorincrease through talents is gone and barkskin dispell protection aswell

:(
Posted Image

#25 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

didnt even think about that, so our three best abilities now suck ass. LB nerfed, barkskin nerfed, ToL nerfed. Druids lookin good.

#26 Milkycrits

Milkycrits

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

I've got a couple of suggestions to help with Lifebloom:

1) Buff the coefficient slightly
2) Give it the 'wild growth' treatment, so that the healing is applied closer to the application, slowing as the stack wears down. (This effect can be refreshed by reapplying.)
3) Allow a maximum of 3 lifeblooms active, irrespective of target. Thus, you can swap over one or two lifeblooms to a second target in anticipation of a switch. This allows the first target to still recover slightly or in the event that they need heals again, to swap back healing more efficiently.

I went ahead and posted this on the Healing Role forums in the hope of it receiving blue attention. Go ahead and bump it if you think it's a good idea: Thread here
Milkycrits RLD TR
Rep if you lol'd v
Posted Image

#27 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

Fuck i just wrote the most amazing idea and i get curse Error.

anwyays i'll try again.

Lifebloom: limited to 1 target, 3 stacks max.
Lifebloom Bloom =x . X is calculated by the amount of time the HoT had on its target, y, multiplied by the amount of stacks on the target, z.

Druids gain a new skill paired with lifebloom, called wild bloom. (or w/e suits this spell)

Wild blooms (8 sec cd?)will let the druid switch the remaining time on lifeblooms from 1 target to another.

it will work like this, you have to imagine the scenario:

X = Y*Z*(Spell power coeffiency)

Target A is Warrior, Target B is druid.

Target A is getting trained, with full blooms.

After 6 secs with full hots(3 blooms), they switch to Target B

Target B has 0 hots (lol bad druid)

Target B recieves WIld bloom.

Target A recieves X = 6*3*(Spell power coeffiency) healing from the bloom, and his lifeblooms is now removed.

Target B recieves the remaining time on the lifeblooms who was previously on target A.

After 6 seconds, target B recieves the bloom, which is now only half because of the penalty by using it. so its X/2 = 6*3*(Spell power coeffiency)

The new blooms will continue to tick but as you see, the final bloom will be hafled of what it would originally be.

This will let the druid instatly get 3 hots up on a swap, but will also remove them from someone else, leaving them with only a minor bloom, and penalizing himself for not having hots on more than one target (lol bad druid)

rate/hate/date?
Vhell at MLG 2010 at Sodah vs tremor totem:

"Tremor totem is a totem that will pulse and break fears. Right when you drop it, it will break fears too. What we saw was Sodah targeting the tremor totem right from the start, he has a macro that will target the tremor totem..."

???

#28 Supyawh

Supyawh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

Fuck i just wrote the most amazing idea and i get curse Error.

anwyays i'll try again.

Lifebloom: limited to 1 target, 3 stacks max.
Lifebloom Bloom =x . X is calculated by the amount of time the HoT had on its target, y, multiplied by the amount of stacks on the target, z.

Druids gain a new skill paired with lifebloom, called wild bloom. (or w/e suits this spell)

Wild blooms (8 sec cd?)will let the druid switch the remaining time on lifeblooms from 1 target to another.

it will work like this, you have to imagine the scenario:

X = Y*Z*(Spell power coeffiency)

Target A is Warrior, Target B is druid.

Target A is getting trained, with full blooms.

After 6 secs with full hots(3 blooms), they switch to Target B

Target B has 0 hots (lol bad druid)

Target B uses WIld bloom.

Target A recieves X = 6*3*(Spell power coeffiency) healing from the bloom, and his lifeblooms is now removed.

Target B recieves the remaining time on the lifeblooms who was previously on target A.

After 6 seconds, target B recieves the bloom, which is now only half because of the penalty by using it. so its X/2 = 6*3*(Spell power coeffiency)

The new blooms will continue to tick but as you see, the final bloom will be hafled of what it would originally be.

This will let the druid instatly get 3 hots up on a swap, but will also remove them from someone else, leaving them with only a minor bloom, and penalizing himself for not having hots on more than one target (lol bad druid)

rate/hate/date?

really quite a good suggestion, tho it still doesnt entirely fix the problem druids are having with preemptively avoiding damage

very well thought out and written anyhow
>-.

#29 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

i think you guys are considering druid to be a main healer like in season 8... its not right

druids offensive pressure will be redicules now that we have baseline insect swarm, instant roots, and dispel.

don't worry about healing so much. just lifebloom yourself, and play offense, imo. Then hit treeform if you fuck up, instant regrowth everyone, lifebloom everyone, then start wrathbombing = more offense

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/2/0

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

i think you guys are considering druid to be a main healer like in season 8... its not right

druids offensive pressure will be redicules now that we have baseline insect swarm, instant roots, and dispel.

don't worry about healing so much. just lifebloom yourself, and play offense, imo. Then hit treeform if you fuck up, instant regrowth everyone, lifebloom everyone, then start wrathbombing = more offense

i think you're right, but the thing is the following. if you play offensive you make yourself open for easier switches. considering that plus all the things we mentioned that would help when being switched on are gone now.

#31 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

IS hits for jack shit and can just be dispelled

#32 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

IS hits for jack shit and can just be dispelled

you can talent it to be 18 seconds as resto and it costs less mana than dispelling it. 3+ targets having a resto druids insect swarm for 3 minutes is hardly something to overlook.

#33 Durak

Durak
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

how does dispel help with being offensive?...

a lot of people don't notice that we only have friendly dispels -.-

#34 Harthal

Harthal
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

how does dispel help with being offensive?...

a lot of people don't notice that we only have friendly dispels -.-

He's talking about dispelling his partners out of CC to keep them offensive.
Posted Image

#35 Durak

Durak
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

Well he seems to be talking about the druid.

#36 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

You understand that they wont do anything from PvP perspective? All they care is PvE and now with rated battlegrounds they will focus even less on arena. In BG's druid will still be the most awesome healer, now having 2 AoE hots and 0.5sec less gcd on rejuvenation. My best suggestion would be : take it like a man.

P.S. I still think there will be OP comps in cata where druid will shine despite his current drawbacks (tho you cant really say what you will see once cata hits).

#37 Harthal

Harthal
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

Well he seems to be talking about the druid.

My sincerest apologies, Captain Literal. He clearly thinks Druids are getting a purge. Which they're not rofl what an idiot why would he even say that xD
Posted Image

#38 nobodyseven

nobodyseven
  • Junkies

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Does anyone want to play apples to apples?
Posted Image

#39 Freze

Freze
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

A few of us have been doing skirmies on live as well and I've noticed the same thing. Especially with HoTs ticking for half the time they used to, if I get put in a CC chain, my team is literally fucked. Swiftmend doesn't hit like it used to (which is something I'm totally fine with) but having HoTs that only tick for a max of 12 seconds makes it an extremely hard catch up game. Coupled with the fact that it takes 2 purges to annihilate all my HoTs, I think Druid teams are going to have to be seriously theory-crafted. I was thinking that we would probably need a defensive dispel on the team (shadow priest :|) or a spammable CCer to disrupt CC chains (mage, lock). It puts a lot of pressure on that player but it is probably going to be necessary.

A change I was thinking that they could make would be that if you swapped Lifebloom pre-bloom that it would instantly bloom for a % of what it would normally bloom for i.e. swap to a new target while your old target has a 3 LB stack = instant bloom heal/mana return of 33% the normal heal/return.
Hit me up for carries, boosts, lessons, etc. LF any kind of work!

#40 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

^this
harthal uses his brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<