natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

So my server has been doing 3v3 tournaments in world arena for the last few days and the one thing i have noticed to be absolutely terrible is lifebloom. Only being able to cast lifebloom on one target and not have it bloom if you switch to another target makes this spell useless in arena.

Teams simply switched back and forth to whatever did not have LB up and eventually we fall behind in heals. The only heal we currently have is regrowth which heals for like 6k. Rejuv and regrowth hots are peeled in one second by purge and without LB prehot the target drops like a rock. I really see druids hurting really badly in arena because of this change.

#2 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • LocationYour house

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

Can't you spam Lifebloom if their purge hungry?
Posted Image

#3 Táng1296684187

Táng1296684187
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

ive also been worried about this having lifebloom on only one target can feally hurt resto druids as they are already the most prone healers to switches only being able to lifebloom one target makes it even worse

#4 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationYour house

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Yes it does. Only way that i can see you can have a couple seconds to put hots up is instant roots
Posted Image

#5 Swaggin

Swaggin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

from what ive heard druids are the most powerful healer xD

#6 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationYour house

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

I would say resto shaman/disc is
Posted Image

#7 Athulua

Athulua
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

I would say resto shaman/disc is

Resto shaman with 1711 resilience is digustingly good , especially because the mastery bonus is so insane! standby for pic....

http://img521.images...ngwave40per.jpg

Taken at 5000/33000 hp i.e about 15% health
With - focused insight (+30% to healing spell) with 36% mastery rating, earth shield on self (+15% healing) , + 15% healing on self too.

If you can't be arsed to add up , thats a 49.0k self heal, with ancestral awakening HEHEHeheohohohohohoho <3 shaman

#8 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

swag resto is good 1v1 because when we only have 1 target to LB its the same as it was before plus the extra survive we got. When it comes to an arena situation we get shit on.

#9 Cerebral

Cerebral
  • Synergyqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Yeah seems like a big issue that needs to be looked at. Maybe make the lifeblooms bloom for half of a normal bloom if removed prior to the 10s heal?

#10 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationYour house

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

I hope blizz fixes this somehow
Posted Image

#11 Corbslol

Corbslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ghostlands
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 384

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

seemed fine to me yesterday :)

#12 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationYour house

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

We will see the if it is good or not at s9, when we play real arena
Posted Image

#13 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

seemed fine to me yesterday :)

dont act like that was a real comp corbs lol, when you ran the purge cleave on me we died in 30 seconds.

#14 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

The whole new Lifebloom mechanic just seems insanely annoying, in PvE as well. Not to mention how it also seems to heal less than pre-patch, even with ~30% Haste and ~50% Crit.

It's basically an Earth Shield that heals less effectively, requires 3 GCDs to apply and only lasts for 10 seconds.

#15 Corbslol

Corbslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ghostlands
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 384

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

dont act like that was a real comp corbs lol, when you ran the purge cleave on me we died in 30 seconds.

i was kidding ... we switch once and he cant wall fast enough anyways

edit: and wall is worthless even if he did

#16 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

they pressure someone hard so you have to LB someone then they switch to the druid with no LBs and its GG.

#17 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

According to blizzard they WILL (MOUHAHAHHA THIS MAKES ME LAUGH SOME TIMES) make games where you don't need to lb all 3 targets in order to keep them alive in switches, cos health pools will be higher and damage won't be that high comparing to health pools BUT you will run oom so you will have to use variety of heals and heal "cleaver", so not the healer that reacts faster wins, but the healer that knows how to save his mana. Oh yeh and they said they want arena games where everyone is in wounded state (like runing with 40% hp and healing very slowly). OH YEH and they said they will focus on balancing random battlegrounds more than arena, cos arena is borring and wow is all about high scale wars (FUUUUUUUU)

Oh and to add - Revitalize is too overpowered and they will nerf it so it will be most useless talent ever, and all healers will go oom in 35secs like holy priest. True story - mmo champ.

#18 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

Truth is, i always felt like shamans/priests were very skilled at dispelling me whenever i have a hot up, but it was just a spammer with a good macro.

Blizzard changed it so you can dispel when the target has 0 buffs, which will fuck these button mashers more than you can know.

I think i'll just keep thorns on 1 target, lifebloom on myself, and healing touch a lot more.
I remember in BC i could actually cast healing touch vs shamans if they were purge spamming and it was more effective because the target wouldnt die in 3 seconds without hots.

if you stay ahead on heals you are more efficient. if you fall behind you've got to waste mana on regrowth and healing touch instead of nourish. that's the point.

we've got to change our habits quite a lot, and having season 8 gladiator will not help us.

#19 Hakasa

Hakasa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

You can lifebloom multiple targets while in tree form(not sure if this intended or not though)

either way, only being able to lifebloom 1 target while not in tree form is absolutely retarded

*edit* on the bright side, Regrowth spam while in tree form is ridiculously op. Though I can see at 85 that will be nothing but a mana drain most likely

#20 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:50 AM

I just hope they wont fail with promises like they usually do and make mana really matter. I can cope w/o lifeblooms healing with regrowth/swiftmend/effloresence/wildgrowth even tho they are mana drainers. If all healers will go oom then lifebloom is NP.

Oh and what I noticed from bg's, that if i lb target with rejuv/wg up and switch lb to another target + use swiftmend and they stand in the same place the target gets his 50% hp (what is ~17k hp) if few sec w/o lifebloom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<