Photo

druid 10sec lockout

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

İts just too much control for 1 class ur a boomkin not a mage a mage has it because he s not a boomkin. See the logic there? Boomkins do massive damage on one target and aoe and have great undispellable cc and spammable root and interrupt with typhoon. They dont need their silence to be so op, are you gonna defend the fact that mages have stun so boomkins should as well after defending it? Ok then i want starfall as a warlock.

Every class has their roles and specialties its not logical at all to compare 2 classes saying they have it too.

And about the cooldown, so it wouldnt be op if boomkin would hve 30 sec silence with 8 min cd? İts 1/16 so i guess not.

I bet I know what comp this tard ran to glad.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

#142 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

To be honest I don't consider a 1 minute cd 10 second lockout to be better than a 24 second cd 8 second lockout off GCD. Maybe that's just me. I would much rather have counterspell.

BRB making a qq thread about counterspell, the thread will be called 'mage 8sec lockout'.

That's because it straight up is. Counterspell is the NUMBER FUCKING ONE interrupt not to get hit by in arena.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

#143 Mantraz

Mantraz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

So how about we make it a normal non-aoe ability (similar to moonfire), leaves a giant LAZ0R on top of target and silences them for a few seconds, if locked silences like counterspell, if people are within range (think chain lightning) they will be affected too, but only by the blanket.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#144 zzdr

zzdr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Lockout to 8s to stop the crying, it's fine otherwise :-)
17:53:22 < holypalaswe> Those who thinks I'm bad is either below 2.4k rating or someone who have only lost to me. :)

I don't really need to defend Sunz because everyone knows hes a top player

#145 Doomxxx

Doomxxx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationu.s

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

İts just too much control for 1 class ur a boomkin not a mage a mage has it because he s not a boomkin. See the logic there? Boomkins do massive damage on one target and aoe and have great undispellable cc and spammable root and interrupt with typhoon. They dont need their silence to be so op, are you gonna defend the fact that mages have stun so boomkins should as well after defending it? Ok then i want starfall as a warlock.

Every class has their roles and specialties its not logical at all to compare 2 classes saying they have it too.

And about the cooldown, so it wouldnt be op if boomkin would hve 30 sec silence with 8 min cd? İts 1/16 so i guess not.

is dis guy beign serious ??? god.. y do they let dis spawns post here :S

#146 Requiem4

Requiem4
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

I'm fine with it as a 5sec blanket, 10second lock out. I'm also okay with it as an AoE silience. However it shouldn't act as a 10sec blanket bcuz you get rooted/snared in it. The debuff should be applied for 5sec (i'd say 2-3 w/o the glyph, 5 with) and non of this "you're in a beam so you can't cast for 10secs"...thats my 2cents.

Good post.

#147 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

the tooltip reads 15 seconds for the aoe silence.
everyone's getting this '10seconds' from the glyphed interrupt effect.

#148 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

are druids the only class with a 10second tree lock out?

i did a few tests last night and while i was casting a heal and got beamed, not only was it a cover silence for at least 5 seconds, it also put a tree lockout on my nature tree.

running out of the silence and waiting 5 seconds allowed me to cast a lava burst but not any nature spells since they still had a 4-5 second lockout remaining?

how is an aoe priest silence + mage cs that has a 10second lockout even remotely fair? And for being on a 1minute cooldown. with a duration on the ground of 15seconds...?

10 second lock out?

You mean 8?
Posted Image

#149 lchigo

lchigo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

im kinda suprised that people actually try to defend an aoe 10 second lockout. theres a reason they nerfed the old counterspell ya know...? it may somehow be ok come cata but looking at it as a stand-alone ability anyone with half a brain can see that its absurdly powerful.

ps. the idiot who said that counterspell is way better "bc you can lock out people for 1/3 of the time compared to 1/6 of the time" is a massive joke. the combination of 0 objectivity and backwards logic in that post is just embarrassing.

its a strong ability, but on the same hand its shit.
i would gladly exchange for windshear/counterspell/spell lock whatever.
it would be so much better.
its op, not because its ranged, not because its aoe, not because its instant, not because its 1 minute cd.
because its 10s, any its better than what mages have, and as we all know, they should have the best of two worlds.
I dont like solar bream, i would gladly see it removed, or at least instant roots removed, thats also fucking stupid.

and whoever said that moonkins are doing massive dmg etc: check a lock - and a mage, better controll survivality damage etc.

PLUS: the glyph is most likely bugged, it should increase the silence effect, not the lockout, and most likely only in pve..
so technically it would be 10s silence, 5s lockout, if the lockout isnt a bug...
I could live with 5s silence 10s lockout on 1min cd, being instant and not aoe, not ongroundshit effect etc.
that would benefit me way more :P

off gcd ofc.

#150 Thakeelol

Thakeelol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

is dis guy beign serious ??? god.. y do they let dis spawns post here :S

Obvious troll is obvious.
Nobody that ever got 2,4k even on a bad BG would think that a 16sec silence with a long CD would be OK on arena.
Seriously, anyone can hit such a limit of stupidity.

#151 Hartwig

Hartwig
  • Members

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

AoE long duration long cooldown silence/interrupt is retarded and annoying both for moonkins and bandwagon jumpers. Giving normal, maybe slightly weakened version of counterspell for moonkins will be better for all.

Nobody that ever got 2,4k even on a bad BG would think that a 16sec silence with a long CD would be OK on arena.

But everyone have to play with rogue's stunlocks of similar duration. Glyphed garrote(5) + KS (6) + Vanish/garrote (3) + Vanish or SD/CS (2). It locks enemy healer/caster for 16 seconds while stile allowing to attack him. It requires you some cooldowns and that's not even remotely close to hard to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<