• US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2239
  • 5v5: 2249
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

even if solar beam doesnt interrupt a spell i still have the silence on me for 5 seconds after i leave the circle..

#42 Jooby

Jooby
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

even if solar beam doesnt interrupt a spell i still have the silence on me for 5 seconds after i leave the circle..

No

#43 Seekay

Seekay
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:10 AM

No

Yes

#44 shadyzz

shadyzz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

they need to remove the aoe effect of the spell honestly, its as buggy as the flare debuff and its insanely OP

take out the aoe, make it off the GCD, leave it as a 1 min CD 8 second lock out. Leave the animation i dont really care just take out the aoe silence portion

the animation should make it unique from other counterspells

you're an idiot chronological liar :/

at least my lies are in order :o

#45 Denadyne

Denadyne
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

make every CS aoe, problem solved
hueahuea jk dont hate on me

#46 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:19 AM

funny how druids talk about their specs like it was diferent classes... wish demon locks get as much love (dont like it but you see my point)

Now it's my turn to post a Picard facepalm.

For all intents and purposes, the three druid specs ARE different classes. Or at least, as close to that as possible while still keeping the Brown colored bar.

You know why druid PVP gear has three different sets? Because going from one spec to the other requires both a completely new gear set and a completely different playstyle. This is not the case for pure dps classes like going from Demo to Destro or from Frost to Arcane. Sure, some of the spell names change, but you're still controlling your pet and casting immolate and in general doing DPS and fearing. Your demo PVP set works fine for Destro and affliction.

Demo, Aff, and Destro; Frost, fire, and arcane; sub, combat, and muti , are just different colored apples, while druid specs are apples, oranges, and bananas.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#47 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

there is no way this 10sec aoe silence will last if rated battlegrounds are important to blizzard.

When 3 rets, a protpal and a dk zerg me, i cast thorns and solar beam and kill them all while they do no dmg to me and have to run away.

#48 Requiem4

Requiem4
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

Wow this thread is full of ignorant morons who don't understand Solar Beam mechanics.

SOLAR BEAM ONLY LOCKS OUT IF IT INTERRUPTS A CAST

If it is used as a blanket it will instantly fade as soon as you leave the area, which can take as little as 1 second if not slowed or rooted.

The solar beam glyph adds 5 seconds to the silence but as mentioned before if it is blanketed then this doesn't really change anything. Let me repeat:

Instead of forum posting about a historically gimp spec that has been that way for eight seasons, and QQing about how you're silenced when you leave the beam, don't. You're silenced because you got counterspelled midcast, moron.

God, people and their uneducated forum whining is what ruins this game. Why are you scared of moonkins? You know they go oom in 30 seconds at 85 right? You know they have zero defense when trained, right? You know they heal worse than rogues/warriors right? Jesus christ.

You forgot to mention the 17yard radius of said 10second blanket silence, though it appears to have the intended 5yard radius.

#49 Eloriene

Eloriene
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1898
  • 3v3: 2027
  • 5v5: 1704
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:38 AM

Oh my God, guys, a new spell has been added to the game. Let's make a thread about it!

Moonbeam silence: 10s, 1 min cd
Lockout: 10s if you catch someone casting

Avenger's shield silence: 3s, 15s cd, chance to proc a reset
Lol my stuns also interrupt

CS (Silence, the imp version): 4s silence, 24s cd
Lockout part: 8s if you catch someone casting

Don't really care to list the other lockouts, as they will always amount to more time locked out per minute than these.

Oddly, the avenger's shield silence works out to be 12s every minute, and mage CS is about 10s every minute. Not to mention you can CS twice per minute (more than that actually, but I'll be generous here), amounting to 16s of lockout every minute, while druids have a 10s silence/lockout..... maybe we should be crying on another class forum.

TL;DR quit crying about moonkins, they look like chickens and have a funny dance.

#50 Requiem4

Requiem4
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

Oh my God, guys, a new spell has been added to the game. Let's make a thread about it!

Moonbeam silence: 10s, 1 min cd
Lockout: 10s if you catch someone casting

Avenger's shield silence: 3s, 15s cd, chance to proc a reset
Lol my stuns also interrupt

CS (Silence, the imp version): 4s silence, 24s cd
Lockout part: 8s if you catch someone casting

Don't really care to list the other lockouts, as they will always amount to more time locked out per minute than these.

Oddly, the avenger's shield silence works out to be 12s every minute, and mage CS is about 10s every minute. Not to mention you can CS twice per minute (more than that actually, but I'll be generous here), amounting to 16s of lockout every minute, while druids have a 10s silence/lockout..... maybe we should be crying on another class forum.

TL;DR quit crying about moonkins, they look like chickens and have a funny dance.

Compairing cs's and lockouts for total uptime over a given period of time means nothing. Example, imagine a new spell: SUPER CS- 8minute cd, 45second lockout... you have 45seconds to kill someone but only has 10%(ish) uptime. Obviously this is a dramatization but you get the point, 10second (AOE) blanket is the longest in the game(by twice as much). I'm not trying to point out it's balance or lack there of, because we all know there are ways to counter it and ways to counter the counter, simply pointing out the flaw in your arguement.

All of that aside, the fact that it's currently broken(as in not working properly, not displaying properly) is the real issue. Only time and the pace of the game at 85 will tell if 40 seconds of cyclonex3 to root-solar beam to bash to skullbash to cyclone x3 is OP or not(IMO it likely is, but what do I know?). Obviously in arena things are different, people have partners and you will have a partner to add on to that 40second cc chain.. but w/e.

#51 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:26 AM

Posted Image

/end thread
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#52 majso123

majso123
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

the only class i have problems agianst is nelf balance druids:D

#53 Hartwig

Hartwig
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

/end thread

Best post in thread.

#54 Frietjeman

Frietjeman
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2077
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1635

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

there is no way this 10sec aoe silence will last if rated battlegrounds are important to blizzard.

When 3 rets, a protpal and a dk zerg me, i cast thorns and solar beam and kill them all while they do no dmg to me and have to run away.

Cool story bro, but how do you kill people with thorns without taking damage?

#55 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Cool story bro, but how do you kill people with thorns without taking damage?

because paladins do no dmg when silenced, dk's can't even mind freeze, yet they still take the thorns damage from autoattack. Meanwhile starfall and 10x dots + wraths while they realize they're fuked 1v5. Of course the dk could just grip me out of the solar beam, but when people zerg, it's fairly entertaining to take advantage of their stupidity :cool:.

#56 Doomxxx

Doomxxx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationu.s

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

because paladins do no dmg when silenced, dk's can't even mind freeze, yet they still take the thorns damage from autoattack. Meanwhile starfall and 10x dots + wraths while they realize they're fuked 1v5. Of course the dk could just grip me out of the solar beam, but when people zerg, it's fairly entertaining to take advantage of their stupidity :cool:.

5 mins later u wake up no ?:rolleyes:

#57 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Wow this thread is full of ignorant morons who don't understand Solar Beam mechanics.

If it is used as a blanket it will instantly fade as soon as you leave the area, which can take as little as 1 second if not slowed or rooted.

The solar beam glyph adds 5 seconds to the silence but as mentioned before if it is blanketed then this doesn't really change anything. Let me repeat:

Instead of forum posting about a historically gimp spec that has been that way for eight seasons, and QQing about how you're silenced when you leave the beam, don't. You're silenced because you got counterspelled midcast, moron.

God, people and their uneducated forum whining is what ruins this game. Why are you scared of moonkins? You know they go oom in 30 seconds at 85 right? You know they have zero defense when trained, right? You know they heal worse than rogues/warriors right? Jesus christ.

You look like a gaint idiot. He stated that its lock out mechanic is the same as others (his story about getting lock out of nature tree for 10sec but could cast fire after 5sec).

I really wish LSD/wiz cleave never came to dominance and then we wouldn't have to worry about people like you posting on these forums.

btw, rerolling boomkin for cata?lol

#58 Sayokox

Sayokox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

the silence afther running out of the beam sticks on your character quite long, reminds me of running out of flares on my rogue ..

also have this weird visual bug where i don't see the beam unless under specific angle, resulting in me dying before i even realise why i couldn't cast :/

ah well, what to do about it :)

#59 Jorge

Jorge
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

Wanna trade windshear for solar beam?

#60 zzdr

zzdr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

OP moonkins, yeah. Not.
17:53:22 < holypalaswe> Those who thinks I'm bad is either below 2.4k rating or someone who have only lost to me. :)

I don't really need to defend Sunz because everyone knows hes a top player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<