#21 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Wow this thread is full of ignorant morons who don't understand Solar Beam mechanics.

SOLAR BEAM ONLY LOCKS OUT IF IT INTERRUPTS A CAST

If it is used as a blanket it will instantly fade as soon as you leave the area, which can take as little as 1 second if not slowed or rooted.

The solar beam glyph adds 5 seconds to the silence but as mentioned before if it is blanketed then this doesn't really change anything. Let me repeat:

Instead of forum posting about a historically gimp spec that has been that way for eight seasons, and QQing about how you're silenced when you leave the beam, don't. You're silenced because you got counterspelled midcast, moron.

God, people and their uneducated forum whining is what ruins this game. Why are you scared of moonkins? You know they go oom in 30 seconds at 85 right? You know they have zero defense when trained, right? You know they heal worse than rogues/warriors right? Jesus christ.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#22 berserker

berserker
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Solar beam is dumb as fuck, walk out 15 yards, still silenced.

i get rooted+solar beam on my priest and the druid is like

Posted Image

#23 Kragath

Kragath
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eonar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Wow this thread is full of ignorant morons who don't understand Solar Beam mechanics.

If it is used as a blanket it will instantly fade as soon as you leave the area, which can take as little as 1 second if not slowed or rooted.

The solar beam glyph adds 5 seconds to the silence but as mentioned before if it is blanketed then this doesn't really change anything. Let me repeat:

Instead of forum posting about a historically gimp spec that has been that way for eight seasons, and QQing about how you're silenced when you leave the beam, don't. You're silenced because you got counterspelled midcast, moron.

God, people and their uneducated forum whining is what ruins this game. Why are you scared of moonkins? You know they go oom in 30 seconds at 85 right? You know they have zero defense when trained, right? You know they heal worse than rogues/warriors right? Jesus christ.

Not in my WoW

#24 Kujaqt

Kujaqt
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Why are you scared of moonkins? You know they go oom in 30 seconds at 85 right? You know they have zero defense when trained, right? You know they heal worse than rogues/warriors right? Jesus christ.

Im a hunter. Im scared of EVERYTHING atm :(

our paladin's a huge asian flake, PM if you're somewhat close to DC and can make it, will be running TSG and possibly another comp

Originally Posted by clouds
I don't think you can win-trade at MLG

#25 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Oh, I forgot to address the horrible reasoning of the OP.

"how is an aoe priest silence + mage cs that has a 10second lockout even remotely fair? And for being on a 1minute cooldown."

First of all, the complaint "how come this class is the only one that can do blank, waaaah" is a horrible argument that Blizzard has always rejected.

Second, do the math. On paper solar beam can silence you for 1/6 of the time. Counterspell can silence you for 1/3 of the time. Shield Bash/Kick/Mind Freeze can silence you for 1/2 the time.

Wow nerf Counterspell it's literally twice as good as solar beam, how is that even remotely fair? Never mind Shield Bash, wow that's three times as good as solar beam, wtf? Did I do that right? It's hard using horrible logic.

#26 Doomxxx

Doomxxx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationu.s

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

give us a pet with silence and we are fine ;)
this isnt the best solution, indeed, but it still feels the most shitty interrupt due the cd, classes just push a def cd and they survive, we dont have def cd, we die :\
we need a proper interrupt, not 1 minute cd, it still feels shit.
vs someone is op, vs the rest its just shit.
i would prefer "moonkin charge" with 15s cd or so 4s lockout over this shit :DD
the feral interrupt feels really shitty for me as a moonkin :(

and 10s lockout.. well, a mage does 24s in the same time(1m) ;)

wow my math is horrible.

also: aoe things: horrible, flare, desecration, this shit, etc.

ewww stop posting :)

#27 Recline

Recline
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1723
  • 3v3: 2108

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Oh, I forgot to address the horrible reasoning of the OP.

"how is an aoe priest silence + mage cs that has a 10second lockout even remotely fair? And for being on a 1minute cooldown."

First of all, the complaint "how come this class is the only one that can do blank, waaaah" is a horrible argument that Blizzard has always rejected.

Second, do the math. On paper solar beam can silence you for 1/6 of the time. Counterspell can silence you for 1/3 of the time. Shield Bash/Kick/Mind Freeze can silence you for 1/2 the time.

Wow nerf Counterspell it's literally twice as good as solar beam, how is that even remotely fair? Never mind Shield Bash, wow that's three times as good as solar beam, wtf? Did I do that right? It's hard using horrible logic.

its aoe

#28 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

ewww stop posting :)

he's right thou... boomkins have always been a fucking fantastic battleground spec. nobody says anything because of arena representation, and only arena matters.

Even after starfall buff, top arena players quickly learned to deal with boomkin. Solar beam in arena 3v3 is much less powerful, but still gives us a chance vs being controlled all day. I'll probably still play resto in arena due to lack of good healers, despite the boomkin viability.

#29 Safdar

Safdar

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

its aoe

Where's my fucking Picard facepalm because you're a dumbass.

he's right thou... boomkins have always been a fucking fantastic battleground spec. nobody says anything because of arena representation, and only arena matters.

Even after starfall buff, top arena players quickly learned to deal with boomkin. Solar beam in arena 3v3 is much less powerful, but still gives us a chance vs being controlled all day. I'll probably still play resto in arena due to lack of good healers, despite the boomkin viability.

QFT. People like to cry about dumb shit. Moonkins being op lololz. Maybe right now when damage is fucking stupid. Alas, EVERYONE is crying about broken mechanics that are supposed to be broken.
:druid::shaman::warrior::priest:

#30 Recline

Recline
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1723
  • 3v3: 2108

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

no where did i say boomkins were op, just asking why any class in the game has an aoe silence that also cs for 10 and if it was intended to have the cs effect

#31 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

no where did i say boomkins were op, just asking why any class in the game has an aoe silence that also cs for 10 and if it was intended to have the cs effect

No other class in the game has that. What's your fucking point? BRB posting on the DK forum why it's unfair that no other class in the game has death grip.

#32 Emillo

Emillo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

HAHA! Clearly this dumbshit above me doesnt understand that it bugs randomly where u get it for an extra 5 second even if u are 10 yds away....so yes on paper its a good ability and not OP, but atm while bugged if u walk out of the silence it keeps u cover silenced for an extra 10 seconds.
Spoiler

TROLLFACE!

#33 Moonfrost

Moonfrost
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

No other class in the game has that. What's your fucking point? BRB posting on the DK forum why it's unfair that no other class in the game has death grip.

I bet that girl in your picture looks terrible when she wakes up
:mage:

#34 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

too bad it's not bugged during the arena season, i would love to farm a team up to 2800 before its nerfed then sit on my rating all season.

#35 jinsk

jinsk
  • Junkies

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

I gues about time moonkins have some stuff like that ?...

funny how druids talk about their specs like it was diferent classes... wish demon locks get as much love (dont like it but you see my point)

#36 Prankss

Prankss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

Even if its changed to 5 seconds, Boomkin will replace Ele in hybrid caster superiority

#37 Calmdownbro

Calmdownbro
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 766

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

I love being insta rooted inside of it :)

#38 Bostock

Bostock
  • Junkies

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

give us a pet with silence and we are fine ;)
this isnt the best solution, indeed, but it still feels the most shitty interrupt due the cd, classes just push a def cd and they survive, we dont have def cd, we die :\
we need a proper interrupt, not 1 minute cd, it still feels shit.
vs someone is op, vs the rest its just shit.
i would prefer "moonkin charge" with 15s cd or so 4s lockout over this shit :DD
the feral interrupt feels really shitty for me as a moonkin :(

and 10s lockout.. well, a mage does 24s in the same time(1m) ;)

wow my math is horrible.

also: aoe things: horrible, flare, desecration, this shit, etc.

That would look amazing, I support this idea!
Main:
:priest:
Alts:
:deathknight: :mage:

#39 Zenko

Zenko
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

<3 Ahyep!
Posted Image

#40 nobodyseven

nobodyseven
  • Junkies

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

too bad it's not bugged during the arena season, i would love to farm a team up to 2800 before its nerfed then sit on my rating all season.

who are you, billian?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<