buriito
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hirim said:

I bet he doesn't play a Hunter, Mage, Pally or Shaman, thats for sure.

He's clearly a Warlock.

Edit:

Anyways, I can't wait to see what Blizzard implements and if there'll be a way around it..Until then I'll make the best of it =P

#22 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

=[
Posted Image

#23 Final

Final

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

I'll be very disappointed, hopefully they'll be an easy way around it.

Windwalk said:

LOL

sig anyone?

#24 frst

frst
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:23 AM

i mainly hate getting 0 ppl games.

#25 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:32 AM

They should put an end to raiding guilds selling Tier gear to people in greens then.

Win traders can DIAF however.

#26 Morojax

Morojax
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Runetotem
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:45 AM

The biggest problem I have is that teams that are trying to raise their rating [1600-1700 teams] are forced to compete against glad teams that shouldn't at the 1600 rating.

A) A Duelist/Gladiator title should start you at 1900 rating.
B) Cooldown on que dodging.
C) Diminishing returns on playing the same team more than 10 times in a row per hour.

#27 shrp

shrp
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:19 AM

Morojax said:

The biggest problem I have is that teams that are trying to raise their rating [1600-1700 teams] are forced to compete against glad teams that shouldn't at the 1600 rating.

A) A Duelist/Gladiator title should start you at 1900 rating.
B) Cooldown on que dodging.
C) Diminishing returns on playing the same team more than 10 times in a row per hour.

I don't think your ideas are very good, I'm rival rank!?
and the dimishing returns is just stupid because of the battlegroups with little realms, if your losing allot to the same players stop and queue later?.

I personally cant see how they will fix point selling and rating boosting, if you lose rating for inviting a new guy to a team or someone leaving it, what if someone wants to quit the team and they have to find a replacement?.
I think its stupid they take it seriously, nothing was done back when people sold stuff in BWL/AQ like we had a CTS drop once and sold it to some guy for 5k gold

#28 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

it's really unfair to people just getting their foot in the arena door to get rolled over by much more seasoned players for the sake of gold.

and it's not just gear.  there is enough resil available to start off through any number of means.  the problem is people who aren't veterans to the arena are getting dominated by people who understand the system better.

1600 should fight 1600; not 2100+ leveling up their new team so their bank alt can hold another 5k gold before the next season starts.

#29 Justrun

Justrun
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

Its Good to know some is going to Fix that cuz i am strting to see all kinds of noobz geting full vangfull and that dosn't feel right i meen we did work hard for it we should be the only ones with souch gear and all

i hoppe the patch wont take much time .

#30 Final

Final

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

Justrun said:

Its Good to know some is going to Fix that cuz i am strting to see all kinds of noobz geting full vangfull and that dosn't feel right i meen we did work hard for it we should be the only ones with souch gear and all

i hoppe the patch wont take much time .

Why?  Give it to everyone for all I care it's not making them any better.

Windwalk said:

LOL

sig anyone?

#31 Seventhsyn

Seventhsyn
  • Seventhsyn
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

If they just get rid of the Win trading/Qeue dodging the rest is fine.

Selling points by just having the people lose 3 games then us playing the other 7 should still be fine.  

Like one of the other guys said on the first few pages, before I started point selling I was broke as a joke.

#32 Bulzok

Bulzok
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

Seventhsyn said:

Selling points by just having the people lose 3 games then us playing the other 7 should still be fine.  

Like one of the other guys said on the first few pages, before I started point selling I was broke as a joke.

Agreed.  I hate getting zero player games and wasting my time, but I do so love the gold from selling points.  Just put back in a penalty for excessive queue dodging - something like someone else here suggested once.... get a debuff after you don't enter 5 games in a day/week on a team or something.  Something that won't prevent people who have someone DC right before a match from avoiding getting screwed, but that will stop the win traders from doing it repeatedly.  They'll still be able to win trade at 4am server or something when nobody else queues, but it'll put the inconvenience on THEM, not us.

#33 reesj

reesj
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

Seventhsyn said:

Their are so many posts like this. I'll Just say something from a neutral point of view.
JUST BECASUE IT DOSN'T AFFECT YOU DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. The main concern for most players is that high ranked players creating teams all the time and booting it to 2k+ with another 4-5 teams held by alts and friends. This make most people that can not post here life miserable. Actually this is the WORST of the problems.   
Their are so many ways to make gold except Abusing the system for the lower rated players. At least if you need to do it do it properly as Tristiano said.

tristantio said:

I still don't understand how they will be able to remove personal rating selling and distinguish it from a legit team that's formed.

For instance, I had a druid pay me 1000g for an 1850 personal rating.

I joined his newly formed 2v2 (with both of us forming it, so no additional teammate invites needed).

Then we played and got to 1850 with a 27 and 2 win rate (1 loss was a disconnect).

After this he bought his weapon and I left the team.

Now how exactly can they fix that?

I didn't miss out on points myself because I get them from 5v5...

Please try to think without a selfish point of view. Also how much Gold do you guys make. I know most players making over 20k gold. WTF are you hoping to do with it anyway? Save for WOTLK? Don't worry their will be so many ways to get gold their also.:)

#34 KobK

KobK
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

O well. I made 60k gold off it already.

#35 Seventhsyn

Seventhsyn
  • Seventhsyn
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

They cant blame their inability to get to 1850, or 2k or whatever the goal may be solely on glad players reskilling teams.  

And just btw you blasted my post then praised Trist when I was backing exactly what he was referring to.  Im confused...

The way I earn my money point selling is by PLAYING the games with them, im very much against the win trading method.

#36 tonit

tonit
  • Validating
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

Well, I don't think point selling is anything in needing of a fix, plus i doubt they will ever be able to tell the teams that are selling points from the ones playin real games.

I started playing a little late, got in arenas late season2 and still managed my way into some decent lvl of pvping withoug buying points or teams.

The ones that complain about point selling is those ppl who refuse to buy points and face xperienced/geared/skilled ppl at low ratings clayming that it's impossible to beat them to reach a higher rating. That's just not true, although it may indeed get harder.

Arenas are fine the way they are, only that xploiting to reach top1 in a battlegroup has to be fixed, but I really don't know how they are going to do that.
Another warrior S5 reroll.

"Well at least you have a plan.

RIght now my strategy is putting my head between the legs and kissing my own ass goodbye."

-Jedion on how warriors are in 3.1

#37 Savage

Savage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

the problem with them getting rid of selling points and ratings...

boredom.  

Don't get me wrong, I hate queue dodgers and I can't stand trying to gear up my paladin and facing full S3 geared teams but a lot of seasoned players will sell points as something to do.  The seasons drag on for so long that players get bored and pve is not considered "fun" for most WoW pvpers.  Also, its a good means for income seeing how pvpers can't make cash any other way from doing what they love the most, pvp.

PS, I think that since we can now buy PvP gear with badges, we should be able to buy badge gear with Honor/Arena Points.  Duh..

#38 Limewire

Limewire
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

If they destroy point selling I'm going to be broke :(

#39 reesj

reesj
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

Seventhsyn said:

They cant blame their inability to get to 1850, or 2k or whatever the goal may be solely on glad players reskilling teams.  

And just btw you blasted my post then praised Trist when I was backing exactly what he was referring to.  Im confused...

The way I earn my money point selling is by PLAYING the games with them, im very much against the win trading method.

First mate You are talking about just giving 3 games per week for some idots to get points and trist said playing 100% with a druid from 1.5k rating, which is completly diffrent. How can you not see the difrence.

Your 1st point is quite stupid. Basically casue you can play better than them give you the right to abuse the system? From what you saying,  if the top rank team decide they going to make 30-40 teams with guildis then bost them till top 30 teams you will clap for them? ( Let some idots play 50 games and start to play and those will get gladiator). Gratz to the top rank team then for making all his friends gladiator while all the noobs can't get it. :rolleyes:

#40 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

fighting point sellers as a legitimate 1600-1700 team would be like every 4th pull of your heroic mech being Illidan instead of a stupid robot.

it's not fair to them.  to whoever said "its because they refuse to buy points" well you shouldnt have to buy points to compete with people who are going to stomp on your head anyways.

points from PR: majority of the problem solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<