#162 Clamps

Clamps
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Is it too late to suggest they replace this spell with a Metamorphosis that turns us into a pikachu instead of a demon. It wouldn't even need any abilities, would still be more useful that earthquake as it is.

I would so come back to this game if they did.

You will not get Gladiator, if you do I promise to never post on any WoW related forums ever again.

#163 Risfuro

Risfuro
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

i thought a sick 31 pnt ele talent would be a spell similar to puck (DoTA) or Bubbles (HoN) ultimates. I.E. the spell would be a lightning field that stuns for 1 sec does damage (doesnt have to be a lot), lightning field remains for a given time (4-5sec) and if they try to leave it they are stunned again and take additional damage.

blizzard could get some cool spell ideas from those games

#164 Futon

Futon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

It's a great concept but needs tweaked a bit.I think this would balance it and fix it.

Current Skill
Earthquake - You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing 441.96 Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in 8 yard radius, with a 10% chance of knocking down affected targets. Lasts 8 sec. / 60% of base mana, 35 yd range, Channeled

Modified Skill
Earthquake - You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing 441.96 Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in 8 yard radius, with a 100% chance of knocking down affected targets. Knockdown effect has a 45 second cooldown. Lasts 8 sec. / 20% of base mana, 35 yd range, Channeled

#165 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

It's a great concept but needs tweaked a bit.I think this would balance it and fix it.

Current Skill
Earthquake - You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing 441.96 Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in 8 yard radius, with a 10% chance of knocking down affected targets. Lasts 8 sec. / 60% of base mana, 35 yd range, Channeled

Modified Skill
Earthquake - You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing 441.96 Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in 8 yard radius, with a 100% chance of knocking down affected targets. Knockdown effect has a 45 second cooldown. Lasts 8 sec. / 20% of base mana, 35 yd range, Channeled

If that were the case you would channel it for 1 second and then stop.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:07 AM

lol as said before our 31 point talent is thunderstorm. if it makes everyone feel better imagine ts is still in the talent tree at number 31 and goign down ele just passively gives us earthquake.

#167 Clamps

Clamps
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

lol as said before our 31 point talent is thunderstorm. if it makes everyone feel better imagine ts is still in the talent tree at number 31 and goign down ele just passively gives us earthquake.

That argument might stand if we were also like other classes that got unique new abilities or default changes to talents and abilities that actually change their gameplay/mechanics and kept their class interesting. This was the one opportunity to actually make an impactful change and keep the class from becoming stale. The addition of thunderstorm and roots helped keep BC->Wotlk interesting but going from Wotlk->Cata there's nothing seeing as our only changes are "your preexisting spell does more damage now" or 2min CD Spiritwalker's grace which has too long a CD to significantly change gameplay at all.

You will not get Gladiator, if you do I promise to never post on any WoW related forums ever again.

#168 Futon

Futon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

If that were the case you would channel it for 1 second and then stop.

And whats the problem with that? RNG has no place in arenas. You channel for 1 second and you get your small amount of cc from it, you channel it over and over again and you get your aoe damage in pve. Seems to me this wouldn't be op, just like any other cc in the game.

#169 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

The thing is that Blizzard spent a certain amount of man hours inputting that spell with the thought that we would use it (for pvp only I imagine, thus the physical dmg and knockdown effect portion). As it is no one would ever use it in ANY situation (95% because it is channeled, which disables you from not only losing 1 gcd, but instead the 7 gcds or w/e it takes to channel this stupid thing).

I actually like both ideas of that it stuns once when it lands, then once again if someone leaves it (lasts 4 seconds or w/e, non channeled 30-40 sec cd). As well as the idea that when you drop it they are auto knocked once (with inner dr on that person of 40 sec or w/e cd of spell is so they cant get re-knocked) and anyone else who runs through it while it is going on also gets knocked. I still think it should not be channeled though.

#170 Granter

Granter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

/Cast Haiti

hahahahahahahahaahhaahha

#171 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

I like the whole knockdown whenever someone leaves it concept.

what if it were:

same crap damage, reduces casting speed of targets affected by it by 30%, knockdown whenever someone enters or leaves it.

it would add a skill element to aiming it, it would be unique, and the mana cost and low duration + channeled are enough that it really wouldnt be anywhere near overpowered

#172 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

CHANNELED SPELLS ARE THE WORST POSSIBLE THING A PERSON CAN USE IN A PVP SETTING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I cant find myself ever using it if it's channeled.

Channeled spells are exponentially worse the higher skill levels you go to.

#173 Fajita

Fajita
  • Junkies

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

I would not mind the current state of earthquake (even if it were still channeled) if we could run around while channeling it like demonology warlocks can with hellfire

#174 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

After playing a bit on the beta, I can pretty much conclude that no one will take it in a pvp setting. Yes it has uses for getting in combat, hitting a rogue in a smokebomb to stop a restealth, but ele is bloated. We can make great use of the point elsewhere

And earthquake costs 1/7th of our mana pools. We're already STARVED for mana, to the point where we won't throw heals and will be very hesitant about when and what to shock and shear. 13000 out of 90k mana is just TOO MUCH.

#175 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:32 AM

i'll take the 1 pt somewhere else over EQ :(

#176 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:15 AM

God, I just cant stress enough how expensive that crap is.

#177 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

free keybind.
Posted Image

#178 Calmdownbro

Calmdownbro
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 766

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

/Cast Haiti

Spoiler

#179 Tessman

Tessman
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Garithos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:26 AM

The scenarios in which Earthquake could even be considered are so small and situational as it is right now. If and when I spec into Elemental PvP, I doubt I'd take it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<