• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Currently this is absolutely useless in all settings of PvP.

It does ~1k dmg per tick (with over 4k spellpower), takes more mana than any other spell in our arsenal, and the worst part is it's CHANNELED.

As I see it currently Earthquake has absolutely no place in any possibility, no it wouldnt be good to hold a choke in a BG, as its a fucking channeled spell and the knockdown has such a low chance that even if there's 5 people running through it they will almost all get to the other side without being knocked down.

What I think would be a good chance would be to make it a fire and forget type of thing, like an instant flamestrike that did 0 dmg, 15% chance to knockdown for 2 seconds, lasts 10 seconds, and has ~1 minute cooldown. Would be way more useful and certainly not OP.

Going to address some of the later concerns in this thread.

"It's for PvE... duh!": No it is not. First off it has a knockdown, an ability type which I believe does not effect mobs. Secondly the damage it does is so low that in all cases you'd be better off simply chain lightning and searing nova with magma/fire ele down.

"It's good for interrupting people behind pillars!": Not sure what pillars you're talking about, but with the 10% chance they can almost always finish their cast, back up a few steps still out of your los (you're sitting there channeling) and begin drinking/casting again.

"I can get rogues out now!": Sure in a 1v1 duel setting maybe you can... awesome! That is the singular use for our newest top tier talent! WE CAN GET ROGUES OUT WITH A CHANNELED SPELL WHEN THEY VANISH WITHOUT CLOAK WOOOOOO.

How on earth would it be unbalanced to add my suggestion? Please address that.

#2 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:54 AM

ur a big noobie

#3 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Currently this is absolutely useless in all settings of PvP.

It does ~1k dmg per tick (with over 4k spellpower), takes more mana than any other spell in our arsenal, and the worst part is it's CHANNELED.

As I see it currently Earthquake has absolutely no place in any possibility, no it wouldnt be good to hold a choke in a BG, as its a fucking channeled spell and the knockdown has such a low chance that even if there's 5 people running through it they will almost all get to the other side without being knocked down.

What I think would be a good chance would be to make it a fire and forget type of thing, like an instant flamestrike that did 0 dmg, 15% chance to knockdown for 2 seconds, lasts 10 seconds, and has ~1 minute cooldown. Would be way more useful and certainly not OP.

I completely agree. I find it stupid that we cant even spec into our 31 point talent because its fucking useless.

#4 soberjkpnad

soberjkpnad

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

How does int work now? Talent trees look pretty nice for ele now with all the lightning shield junk, couldn't you have 9 charges and earthshock then do the damage equivalent to 6 charges on top of that? I remember lightning shield hit for 750ish before I quit
Posted Image

Things to contemplate:
Asking someone to do a blindfolded taste test of two different beverages but then have one of the cups be filled with bong water and Everclear.

A cleaning service ran by a bunch of trained ninjas who you can never see but cleaned the fuck out of your house all day, everyday.

Walking into a church in the middle of mass, dressed as Jesus, telling everyone you are back.

#5 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

both fulmination and earthquake are pve abilities(since ele shamans qq about their dps in pve) and are absolutely shitty(in most cases) for pvp
hopefully some new pvp changes come in for us

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

this would be like me saying they need to buff rain of fire because i dont use it. the only time i ever use it would be to keep someone in combat around the corner, or to try to pop someone out of stealth. before this patch you had nothing that could accomplish this as i do with rain of fire. be happy you now can do the same.

#7 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

this would be like me saying they need to buff rain of fire because i dont use it. the only time i ever use it would be to keep someone in combat around the corner, or to try to pop someone out of stealth. before this patch you had nothing that could accomplish this as i do with rain of fire. be happy you now can do the same.

you trolling too hard and/or just an idiot

#8 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

I find that the radius is stupidly small. By the time it starts ticking they have either run out or are near the edge of it.

The damage is terrible, and being channeled really blows.

We already had magma totem, not sure why we needed this.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

you guys are in the same boat as disc priests. they had penance as their old 51 talent. now they get penance when they spec into disc. they gave disc priests a whole new talent called power word barrier. they still have all the same shit before: pain sup, penance, and pi. sure they lost some filler talents in the tree just like everyone else did. they flat out gave priests an entirely new spell that did not exist before the patch. not many classes were so fortunate to have this. again be happy you got this new aoe spell.

#10 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

you guys are in the same boat as disc priests. they had penance as their old 51 talent. now they get penance when they spec into disc. they gave disc priests a whole new talent called power word barrier. they still have all the same shit before: pain sup, penance, and pi. sure they lost some filler talents in the tree just like everyone else did. they flat out gave priests an entirely new spell that did not exist before the patch. not many classes were so fortunate to have this. again be happy you got this new aoe spell.

Why would we be happy getting a 31point talent that we wont even spec into?

#11 Loshan

Loshan
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Feathermoon
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

trolololol

soul swap derp

#12 Fuzzlol

Fuzzlol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

Get rogues instantly out of stealth and interrupting losed targets.. This ability is actually awesome, for real!
Posted Image

#13 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

Get rogues instantly out of stealth and interrupting losed targets.. This ability is actually awesome, for real!

h3h3h3

#14 Fuzzlol

Fuzzlol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

id rather get every rogue out of stealth preventing them from vanish than having 1% more crit or 5% less dmg while casting :P But thats just my opinion.
Posted Image

#15 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Pretty usable on BGs.

#16 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/./.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

yea you can make that post if mind sear and blizzard were your 31 pt talent

retard

ps ur shit gtfo

Oh I guess that makes it ok to bring back an RNG ability that was completely retarded and never belonged in the game to an already brainless class. You're right allstar.

#17 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Oh I guess that makes it ok to bring back an RNG ability that was completely retarded and never belonged in the game to an already brainless class. You're right allstar.

... Your 3s comp.... oh the irony.

To add to the actual topic 10% is a really low chance, making it a dnd type ability with a 1min cd would hardly even be noticeable to other classes. I would say make it silence them but boomkins already have it, but in its current state earthquake is fucking awful. If you think otherwise you are more then likely retarded.

#18 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Pretty usable on BGs.

perhaps in solo queues vs non resil newly 80 people (though even then it still does maybe 2k dmg and doesnt have high enough range that you can do it safely as it is a channeled spell).. but in rated bgs you will be INSTANTLY interrupted (or just wanded.. it is a channeled spell).

So you guys think our newest end tier talent is worth it because you can sometimes get rogues out? Cant see how that's possibly worth it when it is a battleground talent... and I'm sure there will be at least one of your teammates with blizzard/rain of fire/hurricane/etc.

Also look at it this way, for a very long time cloak of shadows had a 90% chance to resist all spells while active. How many times did you get shit through? How many times did you even try?

Conversely our earthquake has a 10% chance to knockdown. If you're using it on a single target they'd have to run through almost 6 times to have a probability of being knocked down.

So are you guys trolling or honestly happy that it can sometimes be used to get rogues out in a duel? And that is quite LITERALLY the only possible use for it. Do not even begin to tell me it's useful in BG's - that is ridiculous.

On another note, fulmination IS good in BGs - I'll do a writeup on why later.

#19 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Here was my quickly thought out suggestion from another thread:

"Would be better if it was just an instant aoe knockdown. 100% chance, 45sec CD.

But then this would be usless for pve."

I would much rather have something that didnt rely on rng.

I really dont know why they keep bringing rng abilities into the game when it should be obvious by now that they have no place in pvp (example: BC-Mace Stun, LK-Entrapment).

They basically gave us the DK dnd glyph. Which was an absolute FAILURE. Why bring it back?
Posted Image

#20 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

is an ele shaman complaining about their class?
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:confused:
sorry if ur still butthurt about s8
I think there shud be a glyph that makes it no longer channeled but instant and knocks down everyone in the area for 1.5 seconds and add a short cooldown. The glyph would reduce the mana cost and remove the damage. But the fact our 31 point talent is just blizzard with a 10% chance to knock down is absolutely trash. This way it doesn't ruin earthquake in pve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<