#1 Carryz

Carryz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

I just started dueling a bunch of healing classes tonight, specifically holy paladins, resto shamans, disc/holy priests. The one thing I noticed was a very weird casting bar/animation bug.

The bug seems to be replicated when the caster is being very mobile and healing himself, such as running back and forth and throwing a few heals here and there. Their casting bar just randomly stops and so does their casting animation, but if you pay attention a few seconds later it will show the finishing cast animation of that heal. In other words, the heal actually goes through without being able to notice it other than their HP bar going up. So it will just constantly show a random cast bar being canceled a split second and the healer will be in an animation where it seems like he/she is just standing still.

I tried testing it by randomly pummeling a split second or so after I see the bar, practically pummeling in the dark and the interrupt pops up. During that time however, the cast bar was gone as well as the casting animation. I Xfire streamed this for a few people and they've witnessed it as well. Some have even experienced it, so I'm wondering if this is a known bug?

Oh and the only add-ons I had on were Quartz casting bar and then later tried it with the Xperl casting bar. After experiencing the same problems with both add-ons, I turned everything off and used default. The same still problem occured. Any ideas?

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 1942
  • LocationBærum, Norway

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Auto fakecast
Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#3 Yilar

Yilar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 767

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Known bug...

#4 Mionee

Mionee
  • Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

Yes, this bug has been in the beta since its implementation. Nt been adressed yet.

#5 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

Yilar said:

Known bug...

maybe you should read more then the first sentance

I gues they'll fix it soonish, since blizzard uses Live servers as the true beta test!

#6 Carryz

Carryz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

It's good to know that people acknowledge this bug. I haven't seen any posts about it in the General WoW or AJ forums although I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right places. I don't visit these forums much.

I'm surprised to see there's practically no posts regarding this. Thanks for the heads up anyways.

#7 Xjum

Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

what a shitty fucking company
apparently it's "okay" to release shit just because they'll eventually fix it.
the standards just get lower and lower

do people really think they're getting their money's worth paying to play a beta for the next 2 months?

Isaac Brock said:

Well, I'll go to college and I'll learn some big words and I'll talk real loud, god damn right I'll be heard. You'll remember that guy who said all those big words that he must of learned at college.

Gumz 'n Friends WCM - Gumz 69 Twink Rogue

#8 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

Xjum said:

the sad part is you fish literally find it okay to pay $30 of play time playing a broken game until they fix it

They should hire you, I'm sure you would release a massive new patch with zero bugs and it works perfectly.

#9 Xjum

Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

yeeeaaahhhhhh boy
because 2.0 was this buggy
fuck even 3.0 wasnt

the new management just doesnt give a fuck
the only question they ask is, "... but, will it affect sales?" you're proof it wont, so they "just dont give a fuck"

Isaac Brock said:

Well, I'll go to college and I'll learn some big words and I'll talk real loud, god damn right I'll be heard. You'll remember that guy who said all those big words that he must of learned at college.

#10 lolz

lolz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Xjum said:

do people really think they're getting their money's worth paying to play a beta for the next 2 months?
Do you really not post anything but Blizzard bashing

#11 Xjum

Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

Spoiler

Isaac Brock said:

#12 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

lolz said:

Do you really not post anything but Blizzard bashing

nope, he doesn't even play the game, he just spams his hate for blizzard here.

#13 Carryz

Carryz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Haha, I agree with both of your stand points but when it comes down to it, there just is no other MMO better than WoW at the moment. Only Blizzard will be able to kill their own game. With that in mind and the current situation with MMOs, Blizzard is allowed to make these "blunders."

Of course there's always going to bugs and it's very rare if ever to see a game released with no problems. But the point stands that there is no competition that will force Blizzard to keep the standard up as much as we'd ideally want it to be. But yeah, off-topic, sorry. Simply the game is just too good despite its faults and until another MMO comes along that competes with WoW; Blizzard is going to continue making live servers the beta tests. Just my opinion anyways.

#14 lolz

lolz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

what a circus

#15 browniking

browniking
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

it was happening to a friend of mine last nite while he tested out the new holy paladin talents. It was wierd, he thought it was just massive lag...

#16 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

servers being restarted to fix bugs, check again when they come back up

#17 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1983

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

Xjum said:

U mad?

#18 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

Xjum said:

People think its easy to do stuff they do, try it your self if you think you can do better..

#19 Xjum

Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

Fluffythecow said:

People think its easy to do stuff they do, try it your self if you think you can do better..
Wow pal, you got me. I can't single handily do better than Activision/Blizzard so my argument is invalid. Not. Nothing that Activision/Blizzard does is impressive by old standards. You want to know who can do better? Blizzard did better. But they're gone now, eh?

someguy said:

U mad?
Yes

xjum said:

[Blizzard is] gone now

Isaac Brock said:

#20 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

I like how everyone is trying to defend Blizzard in this case.

Blizzard is an extremely obvious form of carrot on a stick.

They keep telling you that they'll do something, and you believe them, you just hold onto their word that it will be okay.

Well what did they say about damage in WoTLK when 3.0 hit? It would be fine when we leveled right? It couldn't possibly stay that obscene for an entire expansion... right?

It's honestly unbelievable how for an entire existence of a game they can tell you one thing, do another, but people will still hope and pray for a better tomorrow, in a video game. The epitome of addiction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<