• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

Wow - how much AP do you have? Also, what is the +bleed % on your mastery giving? I'm not clear on how much overall damage I'll lose with the 256 AP vs gain with the bleed damage increase on mastery. Its not just the 40% of the AP, I'm switching trinkets completely and losing 256.

#22 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

What I have found so far. Feral got a kick, which is nice...but no one casts anymore. Case and point, frost mages. They spam ice lance until deep freeze is up, my full bleeds and shreds can barely make it through their barrier/mana shield (infinite mana), and all the while I'm pelted by 5-6k lances. Soon as I get deeped, I better have survival instincts up, or I will die in that deep from 100-0. If I trinket, they can cold snap redeep and global me there. I have been hit for 9k 8k 9k 9k 9k in a single deep freeze from ice lance alone, all the while that water ele is hitting for around 4k per 1.5 seconds.

Feral is looking good...the other classes are just, well looking better.

Well, I take that back. Feral is very good vs everything other than frost mages. Bad mages you can beat 1v1, but a frost mage that does nothing but run around ice lancing and deeping on cd will slaughter you (unless they dont have any cds up and you have all yours).

Bgs are utter stupidity atm, for one, they crash my wow over and over, and for another, there is no way to have a trinket up for every deep freeze from the 5-6 mages on every team, and that means insta death from a barrage of instant casts.

In conclusion, feral looks promising (if damage is scaled back for other classes). Feral's kick is USELESS right now, as NO ONE FREAKING CASTS. Every class basically spams 2-3 instant cast abilities, except locks, who just insta stun you, and THEN cast another stun/fear, and then you get the idea. You cant kick instants, and you cant kick while stun locked for 10 seconds by a fel guard.

Oh, and rogues suck vs ferals really, really badly. No damage, lol.

agreed for most part, felt pretty strong in BGs - even if people aint casting, skullbash stil is a really good gapcloser though

#23 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

the dumbest thing I've seen so far is the dots ticking less when you shift out (due to AP in caster form is less than in cat form). To make this more of a /boggle situation, if you use tiger's fury to apply dots they don't do any less damage when tiger's fury wears off. Talk about inconsistent.

#24 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

Feral damage just got hotfixed much higher on live.
feral always

#25 Hartwig

Hartwig
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

I saw blue post that it gonna be fixed bot not sure about live. Is it noticeble?

#26 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

I saw blue post that it gonna be fixed bot not sure about live. Is it noticeble?

Extremely, I noticed instantly hitting a 60 target dummy after the hotfix. It's been reported in a billion places on the WoW forums by now too. No notes on the actual hotfix yet though.

Ret damage was also hotfixed and I assume warriors were too.

For me (someone with 0 arp pre-patch): Shreds are at approxiately pre-patch levels with SR, except you don't need to SR to do it. FB does more damage than pre-patch. Both of these did much less damage before the hotfix.

With these changes I may honestly reforge back to crit from mastery, Shred crits doing more damage again + additional bleed crits + extra healing crits + extra CPs seem to me like they'll be better than the flat extra bleed damage in PvP terms.
feral always

#27 Hartwig

Hartwig
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

That's good. Here's link to the blue post.
http://forums.worldo...cId=27187856197
According to this they are also going to nerf casters and buff resilience. Cana anyone confirm if it's already done? I cannot because I'm at work atm.

#28 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

The hotfix is awesome and I have some numbers in PvE Gear on a clear Dammy with only MDW up and Trinket proccs:

15.4k Ravage
12.3k RIP
12.4k Rake
10.9k Shred
5-7k Mangle
1.8-2.3k White hits
Ofc that are all average crits and it doesn't seem different in pvp gear, bleeding crits are fucking insane.

Values:

7936 AP
946 Haste (28.85%)
66,35% crit
440 Mastery Rating (54% Bleeding Damage)

Played a BG today and just rofled about the opener out of stealth : Ravage - Feralcharge - Ravage - Mangle - FB. Nearly oneshotted people with this and Ravage crits for 13k on Squishys.

#29 Ishayu

Ishayu
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/0/2/1

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Come on, you can't be whining about our state in duels atm.

You basically just run up to people, stun them, and apply rip before the stun ends.

You will now do 37k damage or so without touching your enemy further.

Start spamming lifeblooms on yourself.
When your DoT's run out and the enemy isn't dead (for some reason) apply a new round.

It's so freakin' easy.

Fighting a healer? Interrupt him with your new 5 sec lockdown 10 sec CD kick/drain/charge!

And even crazier? We're getting a damage buff incoming due to PvE as well.

#30 scorpious

scorpious
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Feral's kick is USELESS right now, as NO ONE FREAKING CASTS. Every class basically spams 2-3 instant cast abilities, except locks, who just insta stun you, and THEN cast another stun/fear, and then you get the idea. You cant kick instants, and you cant kick while stun locked for 10 seconds by a fel guard.

This is exactly what I was thinking after a couple hours as playing feral yesterday. You can beat pretty much any class 1v1, but the kick I've been longing for for years seems to be of more use as a short gap-closer than anything else.
Outside stuns or cc, everyone seems to be casting instants all over the place. Used to love it back at lvl 60 when a good feral charge on cast could win you a duel, I guess it's all RNG, instants, cooldowns and class balance deciding the fights in cataclysm.

#31 uhgidontcare

uhgidontcare
  • Buttermybutt
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

if anyone wou ld like to see the sc2 match where i fckin destroyed mewnfare and his op race that he plays pm me.

#32 Istári

Istári
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

if anyone wou ld like to see the sc2 match where i fckin destroyed mewnfare and his op race that he plays pm me.

So.. what has this to do with thread's topic?

Btw, I hope blizz dont revert these last changes to the previous, but arrange some intermediate fix instead, in case they feel its needed.

#33 mewnfare

mewnfare
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

Come on, you can't be whining about our state in duels atm.

You basically just run up to people, stun them, and apply rip before the stun ends.

You will now do 37k damage or so without touching your enemy further.

Start spamming lifeblooms on yourself.
When your DoT's run out and the enemy isn't dead (for some reason) apply a new round.

It's so freakin' easy.

Fighting a healer? Interrupt him with your new 5 sec lockdown 10 sec CD kick/drain/charge!

And even crazier? We're getting a damage buff incoming due to PvE as well.

oh you are right, i forgot i play feral to duel and not arena

also apperantly people dont understand this, damage means literally NOTHING right now. i dont think feral will be bad in arena at 85 because of damage, i think it will be bad because of them taking away all our utility that we once had and giving us none of it back. there will be no reason to have a feral on a team because another class could do it better.
mad

#34 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

OH - here i just thought only undergeared noobs were playing this early in the AM. my rip is insane now because of hte mastery, and we have the pre-patch other damage. FB is hitting harder with bonus energy (as it should I guess) and still decent without hte bonus energy.

UHH - i just tested on an 80 dummy, rake is critting for 7k.

Rake hit - 3066
rake crit - 6947

Rip hit - 3645
Rip crit - 8261

Mangle hit ~ 2400
Mangle Crit ~ 5400

Pounce hit - 1120
Pounce crit - 2550

Shred hit ~ 3600
Shred crit ~ 8200

Fury Swipe hit ~ 1550
Fury Swipe crit ~ 3500

FB hit (max energy) ~ 8400
FB crit (max energy) ~ 19k

sick.

With current resilience, unles it was hotfixed already, take 40% off of those numbers for ~1400 resil targets. Rip is still going to crit tick for 5k on a full resil target. I'm thinking they're going to have to make resil do about 50-55% damage reduction to make things work (at 1400 resil level). That would bring everyone's damage down to levels that you can actually play.

#35 stunlocked

stunlocked
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

If there going to be buffing resilience they need to nerf healing done... we only have 25% Mortal Strike now and i've been in a few BG's now where there was about 4-5 people on a FURIOUS GEARED RESTO DRUID and it took literally about 20-30 seconds to kill him... fucking ridiculous

If resil gets buffed healers heals and or mp5 needs to get nerfed, or nobody will ever score kills!!

temporarily of course.

#36 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

that is resto druid mechanics, not healing in general. They have to nerf that talent that procs instant rejuv off GCD with no ICD, that heals them instantly for ~2k...every time you hit them.

I went 1v1 with a wrathful geared resto druid earlier and managed to power him down, rip and rake rolling and built to a 5 point TF full energy ferocious bite, between that burst and the two dots ticking around the same time it sliced through the cheese.

#37 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

that is resto druid mechanics, not healing in general. They have to nerf that talent that procs instant rejuv off GCD with no ICD, that heals them instantly for ~2k...every time you hit them.

I went 1v1 with a wrathful geared resto druid earlier and managed to power him down, rip and rake rolling and built to a 5 point TF full energy ferocious bite, between that burst and the two dots ticking around the same time it sliced through the cheese.

Haven't tried since the buffs, definitely didn't seem possible yesterday though in PvP gear even if the druid was afk in bear.
feral always

#38 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Haven't tried since the buffs, definitely didn't seem possible yesterday though in PvP gear even if the druid was afk in bear.

yeah prior to me killing him he ran across the field in bear with our whole team beating on him. Later they dispersed and I got to him 1v1, berserked to get things going and got the maim right around the time berserk wore off, lucky enough to get 5 points into TF bite before he could cast any heals (other than the automatic ones). Not pretty but with all your shit and some luck its *possible*. I bet if I fought that guy again though he'd play smarter and I wouldn't score the kill.

Needs a 6 second ICD I think.

#39 Lortho

Lortho
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:46 AM

Noone thinks we're op atm? Killing every class including healers np
s3,s5,s6glad. Rocking feral atm

#40 summlan

summlan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

Noone thinks we're op atm? Killing every class including healers np

With the tiny healthpools we got now lots of things feel OP.

Thorns is just nuts tho and will probably get nerfed or a longer CD.
I do love how easy it is to beat rogues tho, and i hope it stays that way. You can play with them forever either by instaroot/FF/IS/moonfire them and just kite or get a rake/rip up and kill them in 5 sec, or just stand in casterform hotting yourself and let thorns do the job.

Tables have turned daggerboys, tables have turned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<