#1 mewnfare

mewnfare
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:01 AM

Right now I feel feral is pretty bad, and I feel the feral community as a whole over reacts on any little buff feral is given because they are so unused to having it happen. Feral gained a kick and lost 30% savage roar damage, savage roar is now next to useless in pvp and you have to reforge your gear, sacrifice crit, and gain mastery for bleed damage to even be close to back where you would have been just by using savage roar.

We have more max energy and regen, but do less damage, so less burst more sustained damage, and every 30 seconds a largely useless ability (ravage) that does slightly more damage than a shred normally would with 18 more energy cost, with the same positional requirement (and doesn't even work properly).

We are now sheepable (LOL). Let me explain why this is so funny. People normally will say, "oh well u haven't been sheepable or hexable all along and that wasn't fair, its just a needed change". For resto, maybe I really don't know. For boomkin, sure because they cast all their abilitys in moonkin form mainly anyways. For feral? I'm already able to get hibernated and fear beasted as a druid, which mind you is avoidable but not if im being spam sheeped at the same time. so now i have to worry about 2 more 10 second cc's i can sit in. The fact i have to come out of form to cyclone and be in form for damage makes me a candidate for both cc's very frequently and I cant possibly see how feral will even be remotely viable in pvp and innervate is now based off max mana, so there goes even more pvp utility.

I understand the patch is new, but I feel like the over all direction they are taking feral will make it sub par in pvp once again, and I don't know about you other ferals but I wont be playing this game if that's the case again.
mad

#2 phowlxoxo

phowlxoxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

I agree man. I haven't logged in yet, but I have heard about this "mastery" change.

All in all this sounds like another brutal turn for Fera.

#3 ilybrah

ilybrah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

Feral gained a kick

wait wut

A full set of dots + a felhunter on my hpal requires me to divine light spam to stay alive, without the lock hitting me with drain life or drain soul at all.

SO ya, i was a hpally s9, and it was by far my favorite season ever in wow. Thanks for your OPINIONS tho on whether the season sucked or not. L2P, have a nice day!

#4 korkut

korkut
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

Are u hybrid? BE CASTER
Wanna melee dps? REROLL PURE DPS CLASS
This is the short version of wow pvp.

I love feral, i will be feral or i will quit.

#5 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

Meh, I spent the last hour or so dueling after I finally got my ui playable. We've got some interesting tricks up our sleeves now: kick --> clone --> 5 pt maim with saved energy into burst is a good way to get somebody's attention.

The opener combo of Stealth Charge --> pounce --> auto-crit ravage --> mangle --> shred --> TF --> FB/rip is downright brutal opener damage.

It's interesting what taking SR out of the rotation has done for freeing up CPs for maim or FB. The only time I found myself using SR was against healers to see how quickly I could burn out their mana and the duration's so long now it's pretty much set and forget.

I'm still not entirely happy with the direction we've gone, yet again. But I'm probably the most optimistic I've been for the spec since the 1.8 talent review.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#6 Hartwig

Hartwig
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

What about numbers? How high dps and yellow crits? Oh, and fury swipes worth those talent points?

#7 sossaur

sossaur
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

We might become more like dks, focusing on locking a target down with burst for a short period of time? I haven't been on yet but i'm hoping it won't suck as much as you say. I cant bare another season when its IMPOSSIBLE to kill healers (priest,okey).

And how is our dmg compared to other classes?

Is our gear scaling any different? Mainly do I still need to sit with 1350+resil?
Send a donation today, help us end squirrel aids!

#8 DiZzyBonne

DiZzyBonne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

I was thinking about reactivating my account for the expansion, but after finding out that bleeds don't crit anymore, we're sheepable, and cyclone has a .5 second longer cast time, I'll wait to see how this patch works out for us.

[EDIT]

Oh, I forgot to ask, what happened to trinkets such as Grim Toll and Mjolnir Runestone after the armor penetration change? They get converted to crit, correct?

#9 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

but after finding out that bleeds don't crit anymore, we're sheepable, and cyclone has a .5 second longer

Actually, bleeds crit, and with the new Mastery, our 3 kitty bleeds do A LOT of damage.

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#10 Grul

Grul
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

good changes.

:D

#11 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Always feral <3

#12 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Mewn - one good thing about the CC issue is hibernate and sheep share DR.

Actually, bleeds crit, and with the new Mastery, our 3 kitty bleeds do A LOT of damage.

This. Also even with reforging crit into mastery I still have a higher relative crit chance on people than I did pre-patch.

Ferocious bite still hits really hard, even without savage roar. Bleeds are hitting harder now than they did with SR up pre patch. White is hitting harder now...so its basicallys hred and mangle are doing less damage. I can live with this setup though since we have extra control via the interrupt, and (once its fixed) we'll have extra burst with ravage through stampede.

I definitely feel very strong vs melee, and even hunters now. Casters really depend on if I get opener since they can put out so much hurt before I am able to get into range that the fight can really deteriorate.

Obv. haven't done arenas but things will change more by 85. For right now we seem to be well off enough to enjoy BG's and duels, which is all that really matters for the next few months.

What about numbers? How high dps and yellow crits? Oh, and fury swipes worth those talent points?

On 0 resil target, with mastery giving +42% bleed damage (+5.6 mastery from reforging); Glyph of Rip, full wrathful set t2 weapon battlemaster trinket, crappy relentless ring and 1400 resil on:

Rip crit 5500
Rake Crit 4200

On 1400 resil targets:

Rip crit 3300
Rake Crit 2500

70 energy ferocious bites hit really hard, the base energy not so much. If you're going to use combo points on bite you might as well get burst out of it by using the extra energy. I did a 9k FB on a hunter in full wrathful.

Fury swipes is decent extra damage but you're not really going to notice it too much. I'd say vs healers is really the only time its 'necessary'. Might wind up taking natural reaction or Primal Madness instead.

I'm considering reforging more crit into mastery as well. Right now I have 49.6% crit with motw up, and could trade an additional 3% crit + 256 AP into 4 mastery to bring me to +57% bleed damage. Net gain after all the math would be 8% damage on top of the bleed #'s listed above. I'm not sure this exchange is worth it though, I kind of want to keep my crit at ~50% for guaranteed ravage crits on 80% health targets.

#13 stunlocked

stunlocked
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

drop some resil, i feel like we don't die as easily with this LoTP upgrade i get like 3.5-4k heals every 4 seconds atm.. pretty op, and our SAVAGE DEFENSE, with 420 mastery my savage defense proc absorbs 133% attack power converted into damage, atm for me in full wrath t2, some pve gear 1100 resil is... 8191.47 damage absorbed from the next hit, we could use this shit in cata.. about to get bursted time it and smack some1 in bear right before, 8191 damage right now is about 1/4 of our life, hopefully it stacks properly up into cata!!

#14 stunlocked

stunlocked
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

meant every 6 seconds for lotp typo :x

#15 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

drop some resil, i feel like we don't die as easily with this LoTP upgrade i get like 3.5-4k heals every 4 seconds atm.. pretty op, and our SAVAGE DEFENSE, with 420 mastery my savage defense proc absorbs 133% attack power converted into damage, atm for me in full wrath t2, some pve gear 1100 resil is... 8191.47 damage absorbed from the next hit, we could use this shit in cata.. about to get bursted time it and smack some1 in bear right before, 8191 damage right now is about 1/4 of our life, hopefully it stacks properly up into cata!!

I don't have pve gear, plus casters still do a LOT of damage. SD procs getting eaten up by auto attakcks still I assume?

#16 stunlocked

stunlocked
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

yea id assume so, true that would really have to time it haha, could try speccing into 6% spell damage reduction if you really want to, i doubt i would ever do that, too much of a waste imo, depending on how dominant casters are this upcoming season

#17 Blackmagic

Blackmagic
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

there is still hope! kinda an expansion late but yh
Nurturing Instinct now increases healing spells by up to 50/100% of your Agility, up from 35/70%.
saw on mmo

FERALL ALL DAY ERRR DAY

#18 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

What I have found so far. Feral got a kick, which is nice...but no one casts anymore. Case and point, frost mages. They spam ice lance until deep freeze is up, my full bleeds and shreds can barely make it through their barrier/mana shield (infinite mana), and all the while I'm pelted by 5-6k lances. Soon as I get deeped, I better have survival instincts up, or I will die in that deep from 100-0. If I trinket, they can cold snap redeep and global me there. I have been hit for 9k 8k 9k 9k 9k in a single deep freeze from ice lance alone, all the while that water ele is hitting for around 4k per 1.5 seconds.

Feral is looking good...the other classes are just, well looking better.

Well, I take that back. Feral is very good vs everything other than frost mages. Bad mages you can beat 1v1, but a frost mage that does nothing but run around ice lancing and deeping on cd will slaughter you (unless they dont have any cds up and you have all yours).

Bgs are utter stupidity atm, for one, they crash my wow over and over, and for another, there is no way to have a trinket up for every deep freeze from the 5-6 mages on every team, and that means insta death from a barrage of instant casts.

In conclusion, feral looks promising (if damage is scaled back for other classes). Feral's kick is USELESS right now, as NO ONE FREAKING CASTS. Every class basically spams 2-3 instant cast abilities, except locks, who just insta stun you, and THEN cast another stun/fear, and then you get the idea. You cant kick instants, and you cant kick while stun locked for 10 seconds by a fel guard.

Oh, and rogues suck vs ferals really, really badly. No damage, lol.

#19 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

The irony here being that good mages are running around spamming 1 button, every now and then pressing 1 more.

Fixed at 85 with larger health pools.

Sad but true.

#20 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

I'm considering reforging more crit into mastery as well. Right now I have 49.6% crit with motw up, and could trade an additional 3% crit + 256 AP into 4 mastery to bring me to +57% bleed damage. Net gain after all the math would be 8% damage on top of the bleed #'s listed above. I'm not sure this exchange is worth it though, I kind of want to keep my crit at ~50% for guaranteed ravage crits on 80% health targets.

Do it: I was getting up to 6.6k rip crits on dummys with pretty much every crit rating on my wrathful I could switched to mastery.

and our SAVAGE DEFENSE, with 420 mastery my savage defense proc absorbs 133% attack power converted into damage, atm for me in full wrath t2, some pve gear 1100 resil is... 8191.47 damage absorbed from the next hit, we could use this shit in cata.. about to get bursted time it and smack some1 in bear right before, 8191 damage right now is about 1/4 of our life, hopefully it stacks properly up into cata!!

Other problem with SD is it's only a 50% chance to proc on crit now. Pretty RNG sadly =/
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<