#1 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

Well there's approximately an hour left for the US before servers go down, but it's close enough.

One of the longest seasons we've ever seen has finally come to a close, and with it comes the end of Rated Arena in WotLK. What happened to you this season, what happened on the last night, and most importantly.... did you get a new face? Blue? Red? :( Wrathful Duelist?

edit: my trials and tribulations
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#2 Ckasper

Ckasper
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

EU <3

#3 Drowz

Drowz
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

Got glad rating

Got bored, ditched the team

Shaman quit, never got to play a team to glad rating

#4 laylowk

laylowk
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 955
  • 3v3: 2101
  • RBG: 576

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

i am crying! no glad for me!

#5 Mosquieto

Mosquieto
  • Junkies

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

Got hacked in July, didn't get PR restored till today.

#6 Flyingjakob

Flyingjakob
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

I am EU and i would like to share, i live in USA atm and internet is shit im fucked h3h3!!!!!!!!!

#7 Slimthuggy

Slimthuggy
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

did 3's with my brother and yelled at him and created family problems and got duelist

love this game :o

#8 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

observing drama
@shitixmikesays

#9 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

I didn't play WoW at all in months, came back to it like a few weeks ago.. 1 week ago I joined a 5v5 team we started from scratch, we played every day and we're at like 2570 rating now, about 50 rating away from what should be safe gladiator. Just today to go!

I think we definately got what it takes, and if we had started earlyer we'd have gotten it 100% sure.. now, we'll likely get it aswell tbh, but it does suck that it all comes down to the last day and if we get somewhat unlucky with teams playing etc. we may end up not getting it :P

First time for me i'll get the title from 5v5 bracket aswell, probably wouldn't have gotten it at all if not for this team though, as I don't have a 3s team anymore this season.

#10 Nashilol

Nashilol
  • Junkies

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

did 3's with my brother and yelled at him and created family problems and got duelist

love this game :o

Nice one!

#11 Ragerlis

Ragerlis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • RBG: 576

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

Sitting at glad range for months while failing @starcraft.

#12 Nightelfs

Nightelfs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 1819
  • 5v5: 192

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

Missed gladiator because our priests D/c's every single game we play last few hours servers are up. We Were 22 points off from glad, had a high 2700 mmr. Our priests internet was fine all day the second we queue up our priest starts d/c'ing and lagging and we lose over 60 points because he would only d/c in games. we even managed to 4v5 a couple of teams but couldnt climb enough rating in time before the reset. Is it possible to get worse luck? :(

#13 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

For me, I played PHD this season, but quit playing arena for months about when Starcraft 2 came out after tanking with a new Pally healer and just not being very interested in the game.

When I reactivated, turns out my DK had transferred off the server and I was basically sitting without a team at rank 80, 200 rating below Glad.

I posted a recruit message on AJ since if I wasn't going to play with my longtime partner DK/Shaman, I at least wanted to play ATC once before the expansion ended.

Luckily I got a reply from a Prot Warrior willing to faction change and transfer, and we got started this week, on Wednesday or so (5-7 days left in the season).

Next I had to find a healer.... I knew a few Holy Pallies on the server, both of which could team hop due to having 5's teams at either rank 1 or Glad range. Unfortunately when it came down to it we had schedule conflicts during the week, and after 7 games had to put it off until the weekend.

Saturday came and went, and both of them had to either sell Glad on their other chars or push in 5's or defend their R1. In desperation on Sunday night, I turned to Arena Junkies again, and put out a player listing, looking for a Holy Paladin to transfer to Daggerspine on the last day for Glad.

It was a huge surprise to me, but within an hour or two, I had a response (actually had to take it down because I kept getting people messaging me on Skype after he had transferred) and another player faction changed and server transferred just to play ATC with us.

--------

So finally on Sunday night at almost midnight Eastern, we got started. 4 hours later we were falling asleep in our chairs, but feeling good after a peak of 2667 and ending at 2630, ~25 points below Glad. Both the Warrior and Pally's PRs were still several hundred points below the TR though, so we weren't concerned about the rating.

And then today, starting at about 7 PM Eastern (with our Warrior on 2 hours of sleep) and ending at almost 2 AM (1 hour before servers go down), we grinded out the rest of the games needed to catch the PRs up to the TR, fighting our way through LSDs and LSPs and MLSs and MLDs galore.

And so, 121 games later... we are 2710 after playing together for 2 nights, rank 14, and everyone's within range for Glad.

I have to say though, ATC is about 100000x more viable in spell cleave dominated BGs than PHD though. Especially against Warlock teams. It felt good to show most of them what was up, especially the shitty 2400 Wizards who saw a Hunter and almost wet themselves trying to train me.

PHD is probably better against Rogue teams (or at least safer... a stunned Rogue goes down fast, but with a DK he doesn't even do damage), and better against comps like Warr/Ele/Holy or Double Healer Warr/Sham/Pally, ones without a squishy target to create pressure on, but that's about it.

TL;DR version: 2 people faction change and server xfer in the last week to play ATC with me, one of them ~30 hours before servers go down. It's my first time playing ATC this expansion. We go 92-29 and push +250 points up to rank 14 and secure Glad for all 3 playing the team.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#14 Medulum

Medulum
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

Super safe glad on main DK and sorta buffered on another.

Duelist 3 month old alt!

Still queing during the last minutes on a 3rd DK to drop people out of glad.

#15 Bigdollars

Bigdollars
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/2/0/0/1/1

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

s8? wat? oh wait u mean, what happend in sc2
Posted Image

#16 Booyacka

Booyacka
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

<RED> #1
:D

#17 Renataki

Renataki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

red crown ^_^

#18 Nevershock

Nevershock
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

red

#19 Evergray

Evergray
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Getting close to glad range in 3s. Our shaman stopped playing, we never had a chance to continue 3s so started playing 5s, because a good horde warlock levelled a warlock in alliance too. Everything went fine, played around 2600-2700mmr, but in the end we were around 2661 wanted to push 2700 but everytime we played i got dced losing -22 and not being able to get those points coz we played like 5 games everytime we played.
So we stopped at glad range and i'm gonna quit this game for a while.

#20 Shakes

Shakes
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

Lost glad in the last 10 minutes. Beast cleave pushed past us pushing us into 30th out of 29 place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<